UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Jeff's Customs

Jeff

Once I get the last few customs done, I'll do one massive group shot.

Does anyone happen to have an extra Mina harker (dracula) and Gwen conliffe (wolfman) for trade? Pm me if you do... (:

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think I have my recipe for AOA Bishop- but missing some parts. Does anyone have an extra RGB Saumheim, 90's Bishop, and Gwen Conliffe from Wolfman box set for trade? It'd be a HUGE help.

Thanks guys/gals.

wow - your decal work on Iceman is great - he really looks like he's made of flat, icy surfaces!

But i really love Quicksilver. Great likeness - and using Hagars dash stand is inspired. A+

Still more! AOA Banshee:

post-3472-0-46829700-1334332084_thumb.jp

Hair was from alternate 1985 Biff Tannen. Wings were from Mr. Sinister.

wow - your decal work on Iceman is great - he really looks like he's made of flat, icy surfaces!

But i really love Quicksilver. Great likeness - and using Hagars dash stand is inspired. A+

Yeah, I was wondering what do with that exactly. When I was referencing him, I spotted the old Toy Biz figure that came with something similar. It really does give him that wind blown look. I know I didn't just want him standing still- had to be in a running pose. This nailed it.

Jackpot! Found the wolverine thru the ages box set after visiting three comic shops while on vacation. Now I can use old man logans jacket to make aoa bishop. Bought a hammer drone/pepper Potts on clearance too! (:

Had an exceptionally great weekend/days off. While I didn't get to work on minimate customs I was able to track down my bishop parts and put him together today- along with X-Man. I should have those done by the end of the week. In other news....

As an early b-day gift from my wife (and thanks to some great deals at my local Meijer store) I picked up an iPad. :woot:

Plaining around with it (for quite some time) I started reading some comics and have officially decided:

I'm done with buying paper issues from this point forward. :ohmy:

My goal is to do a clean sweep of my entire comic collection and only re-buy/download the issues I know I'll reread again. Plus, my friends have the X-Men, Fantastic Four, and Avengers comic cds from awhile back that now thanks to iCloud I can view as cbz files on the iPad.

So, if anyone has holes in their collection or looking for missing issues- let me know. Off the top of my head I have the following books, bagged/boarded and sitting in a long box:

-JSA (geoff johns run with Alex Ross covers) 1-20

-Shanna the she devil mini

-Jim Lee X-Men (up until X-Cutioner's song)

-John Byrne FF 232---(up to Heroes Reborn/Onslaught)

-Todd McFarlene Spider-man, Brand New Day, single issues

-Fantastic Four "4" mini (30 ish, I think)

-What if? (various, all series)

-Identity Crisis

-House of M

-Secret Invasion

-Civil War

-Flash (Michael Turner covers)

-some DC 52

-IDW Ghostbusters

-IDW Rocketeer

-Barnes and Noble Ultimate Spider-man Hardcover (HUGE)

I also have several trades, I can look more tonight and post a more comprehensive list and prices later. PM if interested.

1334767732[/url]' post='221206']

Had an exceptionally great weekend/days off. While I didn't get to work on minimate customs I was able to track down my bishop parts and put him together today- along with X-Man. I should have those done by the end of the week. In other news....

As an early b-day gift from my wife (and thanks to some great deals at my local Meijer store) I picked up an iPad. :woot:

Plaining around with it (for quite some time) I started reading some comics and have officially decided:

I'm done with buying paper issues from this point forward. :ohmy:

My goal is to do a clean sweep of my entire comic collection and only re-buy/download the issues I know I'll reread again. Plus, my friends have the X-Men, Fantastic Four, and Avengers comic cds from awhile back that now thanks to iCloud I can view as cbz files on the iPad.

So, if anyone has holes in their collection or looking for missing issues- let me know. Off the top of my head I have the following books, bagged/boarded and sitting in a long box:

-JSA (geoff johns run with Alex Ross covers) 1-20

-Shanna the she devil mini

-Jim Lee X-Men (up until X-Cutioner's song)

-John Byrne FF 232---(up to Heroes Reborn/Onslaught)

-Todd McFarlene Spider-man, Brand New Day, single issues

-Fantastic Four "4" mini (30 ish, I think)

-What if? (various, all series)

-Identity Crisis

-House of M

-Secret Invasion

-Civil War

-Flash (Michael Turner covers)

-some DC 52

-IDW Ghostbusters

-IDW Rocketeer

-Barnes and Noble Ultimate Spider-man Hardcover (HUGE)

I also have several trades, I can look more tonight and post a more comprehensive list and prices later. PM if interested.

I've been using Comic Zeal app on my iPad since I got it. Perfect for sorting cbr & cbz comics into virtual "boxes" and reading lists. So far, it's the best comic reader I've used.welcome to virtual comics! :)

Took a break from one obsession (iPad) and back to another (minimates). Finished my AOA Bishop over lunch...

post-3472-0-53639200-1334940987_thumb.jp

Cloak was from Old Man Logan (wolverine box set), skirt from Gwen Conliffe (werewolf box set). Gloves from AOA Rogue. Boots from Jim Lee Cyclops.

Left on the custom dock, but near complete:

- Jubilee

- Lila Cheney

- X-Man

- Exodus

- Dazzler

- Iceman (repaint)

Gathering parts:

- Abyss

- Mikhal

Individual and team shots coming, then one HUGE group shot of the entire AOA gang.

:woot:

Finished AOA Jubilee and Lila Cheney:

post-3472-0-70527100-1335376190_thumb.jp

post-3472-0-96374900-1335376205_thumb.jp

This concludes my Gambit and the X-Ternals team customs. I plan to do a much better team photo once I finish ALL my AOA customs, but couldn't resist a quick shot:

post-3472-0-61279100-1335376311_thumb.jp

The whole set looks really cool. I especially like the bright colors you used on those!

Thanks- I agree, I think AOA makes for great looking toys that really pop with all the yellows and blues. Especially in my drab gray cubicle where I house my collection. It's funny when people stop by and say: "Wow, you have a lot of LEGOS". :rolleyes:

I'm looking to recreate the Alpha and Omega covers- but waiting on the release of the Aussie X-Men set to make AOA Colossus.

So I lied. I have three characters left to make: Mikhail, X-Man, Colossus. :happy:

Not custom related, but I just picked up the DC Lego Luthor Bot with Superman and Wonder Woman. Absolutely love it. Hope to see a Flash turn up soon along with the rest of the JLA in Lego form.

Still...

Assembled my DC Lego set on lunch.

post-3472-0-10402900-1335555058_thumb.jp

post-3472-0-63675400-1335555083_thumb.jp

post-3472-0-53908500-1335555100_thumb.jp

post-3472-0-70830800-1335555124_thumb.jp

My TRU also had series 7 of the minifigures. So naturally my friend and I began to crinkle every bag for pieces/parts that would give it away. There were lots of Montezumas. One Little Red Riding Hood and several Cyborgs. Be careful if you are looking for the Jem and the Holograms rocker- her hair and the tennis player are similar. Feel for the racket instead. :thumbsup:

I picked out the Rabbit suit, Mer-man King, and my favorite- the hippy, tortured here...

post-3472-0-84266000-1335555453_thumb.jp

Getting back to customs, I finished X-man too:

post-3472-0-38704000-1335555496_thumb.jp

...and repainted Iceman as I wasn't happy with my earlier paint job:

post-3472-0-28039100-1335555529_thumb.jp

Happy Friday!

Forgot to mention the X-Man face and chest decal were from Luke's, slightly modified to include thicker eyes w/o pupils and the buckles on his chest.

post-3472-0-72106000-1335555879_thumb.jp

Thanks! I didn't plan on making him originally until I found the right coat and thanks to an extra aoa cyclops's visor I needed for my Guido I had the hair as well. Funny thing when assembling customs you never know what might come in handy later. Had some ideas for some more aoa customs but have to go parts digging first in my many storage containers.