UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

BSG Discussion thread - Spoliers obviously

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually thought it was Starbuck when she was apologising to the 5th 'mystery cylon', but think I might have it confused... have they ever met? - damn I'll have to rewatch the whole damn thing again to check now!

T.

I was thinking the same thing when Helo was looking at Starbuck's pictures and saw the Eye of Jupiter.... but then I thought that it might really be Baltar. 'Cos when he was brought on board the Galactica in the body bag ( :lol: ), I thought he might be dead and that the HUGE cliffhanger would be Baltar downloading on one of the baseships. I mean, if it is/was Starbuck, some fans will/would be pissed.

Okay, we need people guessing who this 5th 'mystery Cylon' is! :biggrin:

Glomit

Well, it wasn't just that she recognized one of the 5 Cylons, she also apologized. Now we haven't seen every single person D'Anna has interacted with (year on Caprica, months in the fleet as a reporter) so they could still do a flashback encounter where she disrespects/hurts whoever the "mystery Cylon" turns out to be. Here's my guesses though...

Starbuck - Katie's leaving the show this season. Could also help explain how she painted the Eye of Jupiter before going there.

Anders - D'Anna almost killed him in "Downloaded"

Baltar - She did some nasty stuff to him and could be viewing his "Am I a Cylon?" thing with pity (she thinks he's crazy or deluded... simple humans)

Then again, it could be anyone. Since the five remaining Cylons were in the human "Temple of Five" there are obviously connections between the Cylon and Human religions. Who's to say the "Cylons aren't based on real people" thing applies to these last five. Anyone could have been replaced with a Cylon at any point.

Who's taking bets that Starbuck ends up being lost in time and winds up actually writing the prophecies about Earth since she's lived it and knows what will be helpful in the future? Anyone?

Starbuck - Katie's leaving the show this season. Could also help explain how she painted the Eye of Jupiter before going there.

She's leaving the show??!!! With a bang or......?

Anders - D'Anna almost killed him in "Downloaded"

Yeah, I was also thinking along those lines. But if it turns out that Kara IS the 5th, then Anders will still be involed somehow. Same goes for Kara if Anders is the Cylon.

Glomit

• 1 month later...

Yesterday's episode was awesome in all kinds of ways! Probably my favorite since "Exodus Pt II". It had the Season 1 feel and that's not a slam to 2 and 3 (which I think are still better than the best of any other show). After these next few episodes, it's gonna be such a long wait until Jan 2008. Ahh!

I'm stil thinking about Gaeta, though. Baltar whispers something in his ear and then Gaeta just lashes out and stabs him with a pen. Could Baltar have told him something that Gaeta is trying not to believe? Is Gaeta a 'sleeper agent'??!!

'Cuz when Sharon was a sleeper, she could kind of tell, but not completely. Anything is possible! :teehee:

Oh, BTW, filming starts in June. Just thought I'd say...

Glomit

Great episode, as usual. This show is consistently good. I don't recall a single misstep.

At first I thought Starbuck couldn't be a Cylon because she has memories of being a child. Those memories could be implants or she could be the very first human/Cylon hybrid. The latter would explain why her mother pushed her so hard and kept insisting she was special. I'm thinking Mommie Dearest was treating her more like a toaster than a kid for a reason.

If that's true, and Starbuck is the first hybrid, who's her father?

One thought I had while watching Maelstrom is that Leoben is her father. It'd be sick & gross, but it'd also be unexpected! I do think there's something more to Starbuck's destiny. We may see her again as some kind of angel type persona. I believe the original show had angels and devils (i.e. Head Six???), but I don't remember the specifics from the original.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, maybe Crossroads Part 2 was a bad episode to jump on board with, though I've been reading the episode recaps on wikipedia beforehand.

So, Tigh, Foster, Anders, and Tyrol are all Cylons? And you can tell if you're a Cylon by hearing Jimi Hendrix? And Starbuck is alive?

Or hearing Bob Dylan, as All Along The Watchtower is originally a Dylan tune. I really don't know what to make of the song. Does this hint that they will end up in our present day Earth? Is Starbuck really alive, or was that Lee's hallucination? I can't wait until 2008!

Yeah I have no idea what to think about it either. I mean come on, a song? I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and hopefully it leads to something else next season. I'm also not too excited and haven't been impressed lately. My interest has wanned some. Actually the show has been good overall and I know it's hard to keep it up at the same level every season. Let's see what season 4 brings.

Or hearing Bob Dylan, as All Along The Watchtower is originally a Dylan tune. I really don't know what to make of the song. Does this hint that they will end up in our present day Earth? Is Starbuck really alive, or was that Lee's hallucination? I can't wait until 2008!

As far ast Starbuck being alive they did make a Minimate of her... Hmm. Actually I read or heard somewhere (sorry really no idea where, maybe extras on DVD interviewing with the actors) that they were going to do something with the story line from the classic series Episode 20 "Experiment in Terra". Could Starbucks reappearance be along the same idea?

http://www.battlestargalactica.com/classicguide.htm

Interesting ending... a tad more low key than last time but left so much wide open.

I actually liked the way it ended, the prob is that we're had such 'OH WOW' Bang endings to the previous seasons that this one seems subdued, but there is a HECK of a lot to mull over until next year.

I have a whole bunch of theories but want to chew them over in my mind and watch the episode again before sharing them.

T.

And the withdrawal begins.

I'm having a tough time accepting that those characters are Cylons just because they're picking up radio signals from Earth in their dental work. I'd believe Roslin is a Cylon first, if only because of her psychic connection to Athena, Six, and Hera.

Which reminds me of one of the reasons I like this show; strong female roles. For a sci-fi series, it's NOT a sausage fest. That's refreshing and continues to be.

It was weird to hear music I was familiar with on this show. I'd always considered that the timeline for BSG parallels our own, not taking place in the past or the future. If/when they get to Earth, I expect it to be present day.

Loving Baltar's dilemma. Yeah, he'll land on his feet. "Butterfingers" made me laugh.

Glad Starbuck wasn't in a white flight suit and reincarnated as a dude.

Looking forward to 2008. Gonna go buy some BSG books to pass the time. And hunt some 'mates.

Interestingly I think the song is just being used to give us a handle on the 'awakening' of the 4 cylons in some context we can see (or hear), We'll see if it has relevence beyond that later I guess ( maybe Bob Dylan is the last cylon ;) )

I actually dont think that Roslyn is the last Cylon, because if you look at the positions of the 4 cylons in the fleet they are in places where they had influence on those who have the real power, not those who actually have it. It seems they are being cast in some kind of 'shepard' role for the humans, probably to guide then to earth.

I think that Starbuck is a figment of Lee's imagination, the fact that he's the only one that picked her ship up, and she kept drifting on and off of the radar etc.

I have WAY too many theories about the new cylons to go into here but like everyone else am already suffering withdrawl.

T.

And the withdrawal begins.

I'm having a tough time accepting that those characters are Cylons just because they're picking up radio signals from Earth in their dental work. I'd believe Roslin is a Cylon first, if only because of her psychic connection to Athena, Six, and Hera.

Which reminds me of one of the reasons I like this show; strong female roles. For a sci-fi series, it's NOT a sausage fest. That's refreshing and continues to be.

It was weird to hear music I was familiar with on this show. I'd always considered that the timeline for BSG parallels our own, not taking place in the past or the future. If/when they get to Earth, I expect it to be present day.

Loving Baltar's dilemma. Yeah, he'll land on his feet. "Butterfingers" made me laugh.

Glad Starbuck wasn't in a white flight suit and reincarnated as a dude.

Looking forward to 2008. Gonna go buy some BSG books to pass the time. And hunt some 'mates.

Its all very confusing.... My guess is thus:

Roslin has the visions etc as shes choc full of Hera blood.

The Final Five are indeed the four revealed and someone else, but I think the reason the other 7 models dont talk about them/arent interested in talking about them is because those five have appointed themselves as protectors of humanity, also I think the whole "zomg 4 basestars are coming for us" is a little misleading... I think those four basestars belong to the four out of the five who are hearing the wacky music (Bob Dylan for us, but hey in the BSGverse it could be anything, perhaps its a coincidence that we recognise the tune, perhaps bob wrote it based on a mysterious tune in his head.....), and the music is perhaps what their duplicate models are listening to on their basestars....

Im pretty sure Kara is real, afterall there was a Heavy Raider with her when she vanished, its entirely possible that the Final-Fives Cylons picked her up and took her off.....

I really think the final five are as TBT said some kind of shepherds, after all "The Cylons were created by man. They evolved. They rebelled. There are many copies. And they have a plan" Created to serve humanity, yeah they evolved but perhaps they didnt all rebel, perhaps the final five are serving humanity in reaching its higher purpose, almost like the ship o'lights people were doing in Classic BSG... It could almost be Iblis Cylons vs Ship O'lights cylons...

Some other interesting things to consider are that if Chief is a cylon, then Hera isnt the only hybrid.... on a total tangent what if Tigh is Starbucks father? Hence her visionishness.....

^ That's pretty much how I saw it. 4 Cylons 4 Basestars or that they are just ready pass through the nebula.

I also think Kara is real, and made an assumption that Tigh could be her father. I'm still stuck as to how she disappeared and came back. I always felt she was taken but not sure if I believe it was by the final five. I believe she just phased out a possibly re-appeared on the other side. Obviously anything is open.

I also made the direct link to the ship o'lights people were doing in Classic BSG.

I also believe in your theory that the final five are not talked about because they are the founding fathers and have to protect humanity, but why do cylons see them when killed and downloaded?

Wasn't Roslin seeing visions prior to getting Hera's blood an just by taking the cancer med Kamala? I thought about Hera's blood but wasn't sure. I'm going to have to look over season 1 again :P

I think that Starbuck is a figment of Lee's imagination, the fact that he's the only one that picked her ship up, and she kept drifting on and off of the radar etc.

T.

Dude, I swear to God, my dad was thinking EXACTLY the same thing!

About the Cylons, I find it strange that the whole the-Cylon's-back-glows-red-when-doing-it idea just seems lost. I mean, when Foster and Anders were making out, there wasn't any back glowingness. So maybe they are Cylons or maybe they're not. Who knows? :wacko:

But yeah, there has to be more to it than that. It just all felt a bit sudden.

Glomit

Hmmm...

"There must be some way out of here," said the joker to the thief,

"There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief.

Businessmen, they drink my wine, plowmen dig my earth,

None of them along the line know what any of it is worth."

"No reason to get excited," the thief, he kindly spoke,

"There are many here among us who feel that life is but a joke.

But you and I, we've been through that, and this is not our fate,

So let us not talk falsely now, the hour is getting late."

All along the watchtower, princes kept the view

While all the women came and went, barefoot servants, too.

Outside in the distance a wildcat did growl,

Two riders were approaching, the wind began to howl.