UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

BSG Discussion thread - Spoliers obviously

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad you liked it the last episode, best one thus far this season. The atmospheric jump was great and loved the Pegasus attack.

Wonder if we'll have another TOS homage and they'll give Baltar a Basestar and have him go try and talk to the humans?

Thought that too.

On Sky One UK at the moment they're repeating Season 2 in double bills every Wednesday night but there's only 3 episodes left with no sign of when Season 3 starts :(

So does anybody know when Season 3 starts in the UK ?

***EDIT***

I was wrong, there's actually 4 episode left until the end of the repeats for Season 2 :(

Alright, here's something that's been bugging me. Who here thinks that Jammer is a Cylon? We saw him in the police ceremony, then his buddy blew the place up. Then at the beginning of the next episode, we see Jammer again, apparently unharmed, taking orders from a Brother Cavil copy. So.... was he not hurt in the explosion, or is he a Cylon, and if so, is he unaware like Boomer was in the beginning?

In the Podcast for "Exodus, Part 2" Ron Moore said a couple of times that they had planned to kill Jammer in this episode, but decided to keep him around. When they decided to keep him, they also toyed with the idea of showing him crawl out from underneath bodies after the explosion. Severed limbs, etc. I doubt he's a Cylon.

That said, another post said that although there are 12 Cylon models, the 7 we've seen so far have some sort of mental block when it comes to the other 5 models. They don't even think to wonder what they look like. My bet is that one of our Cylon friends is going to break through that programming... D'Anna? Caprica? Sharon?

And what's the deal with this "Baltar can project just like a Cylon" thing?

Cool, I should listen to those commentaries...

Its interesting about the whole cylon mental block thing, although I do always wonder why we never see any unknown models wandering around, especially back on Cylon Occupied Caprica... are they all sitting in a warehouse waiting for the copies in the fleet to be detected so that they can pop out and say hi to the rest of cylon kind?

The whole Baltar thing is confusing me.... I still dont get how he survived the pilot episode. He was nuked for gods sake!

Im curious as to where the whole Cylon God thing is going, I wonder if there'll be a new spin on the whole ship of lights/Count Iblis thing from the original.

I think the whole cylons quest for god thing is a very small part of their plan it seems they are searching for the human condition(god, love, procreation etc.) and I'm becoming very suspicous that baltar is a toaster

The whole Baltar thing is confusing me.... I still dont get how he survived the pilot episode. He was nuked for gods sake!

I ask myself this all the time. Well there were survivors and I thought he was a decent distance from the explosion. So I'm just taking it as he just survived.

Im curious as to where the whole Cylon God thing is going, I wonder if there'll be a new spin on the whole ship of lights/Count Iblis thing from the original.

Well with this show you never know.

I ask myself this all the time. Well there were survivors and I thought he was a decent distance from the explosion. So I'm just taking it as he just survived.

Yet Caprica whom he was with at the time died... 'tis strange..

"Collaborators" was a decent episode. It seems Starbuck is even more fraked up from her time on NC than we thought. I liked all the Circle stuff. Tigh needs to be discharged - he's not fit to serve! I didn't care for the design of the room they've got Baltar in. It was hard to look at and reflected a low budget. Granted, they probably spent a lot of their money on the NC sets & effects. Plus, Baltar's room didn't look anything like the inside of the Base Star that we saw at the end of Season 1. Hopefully they'll find a reason to move him to another, less garish part of the ship.

RE: The Cylon Basestar's set - On the podcast for "Collaborators" Ron Moore said this was a simplified version of the Cylon Basestar set. We'll be seeing more of it (shot better and with better music) in future episodes. This was just supposed to show off the beginning of Baltar's new story arc.

I really like how they dealt with Starbuck. The poor girl's been frakked over by the Cylons so many times, and I only see that getting worse. She's very important to them for some reason...

RE: The Cylon Basestar's set - On the podcast for "Collaborators" Ron Moore said this was a simplified version of the Cylon Basestar set. We'll be seeing more of it (shot better and with better music) in future episodes. This was just supposed to show off the beginning of Baltar's new story arc.

That's cool. I gotta get caught up on all those BSG podcasts!

What time is BSG on in the US? I really should watch it... Oh, and I met the guy who plays Adema(?) at Gen-Con. Both the classic and the new, so I guess thats cool.

Wait, maybe it was Apollo...

What time is BSG on in the US? I really should watch it... Oh, and I met the guy who plays Adema(?) at Gen-Con. Both the classic and the new, so I guess thats cool.

Since you are right by me, it's on at 8:00 PM and 10:00 PM on Fridays and 10:00 PM on Mondays. These times are CST

It would have to be, Lorne Greene(the original Adama) has been dead for many years now!

Well, just saw tonight's ep. Now I have to buy all the mates. Damn you all :P . Really though, it was really good. And thanks to my never-ending minimate obsession, I knew everyone! Well... most.

Glad you liked it deadpool, believe me when I say it gets much better. They pick their spots.
Yeah, just so you know, I'm going to have to kill you for forcing me t buy the BSG minis... :P

After viewing last nights episode, who thinks Helo should be shot? I know I do. :angry:

Yeah, but if he hadn't done that (he's Athena/Boomer's husband/boyfriend, right?) then all the Cylons would be dead. I myself like them better. Plus, there'd be no more Six!

I just think it could have been worked in somehow w/o killing them all. Athena was safe because her pregnancy gave her the anti-bodies to fight the disease. Remember they still had Baltar which in my mind they could have found some sort of way to fight it or delay it. Why can't the humans give the cylons a beating like they have w/o remorse? What a lost opportunity. At least it could have weaken them permanently or something. We are the humans the only ones to suffer?

Im pretty sure if the entire Cylon fleet would have gotten infected Baltar would have just used Hera's cells to cure them all, as he is well aware of her magical blood and the Cylons have her in custody.

Im curious as to how there just happened to be a Cylon killing various left behind by the 13th tribe.... coincidence or has humanity fought Cylons before in the distant past?