UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

BSG Discussion thread - Spoliers obviously

Im pretty sure if the entire Cylon fleet would have gotten infected Baltar would have just used Hera's cells to cure them all, as he is well aware of her magical blood and the Cylons have her in custody.

Exactly what I was thinking yesterday. Similar to the way Roslyn got cured from Cancer.

Im curious as to how there just happened to be a Cylon killing various left behind by the 13th tribe.... coincidence or has humanity fought Cylons before in the distant past?

Yup very interesting and I'm hoping this reveals more good stuff further ahead in the series.

Not that it's related, but does anyone here read the Comic? I'm just curious.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just think it could have been worked in somehow w/o killing them all. Athena was safe because her pregnancy gave her the anti-bodies to fight the disease. Remember they still had Baltar which in my mind they could have found some sort of way to fight it or delay it. Why can't the humans give the cylons a beating like they have w/o remorse? What a lost opportunity. At least it could have weaken them permanently or something. We are the humans the only ones to suffer?

Yeah, it is a little dumb on their part. "They wiped out most of our race!" "Yes, but we can only kill them fairly, not with such big weapons." "Couldn't we at least throw a body at a couple?" "No, no good weapons, just the same ones we've been losing with."

Just watched and have 2 thoughts...

1) Someone needs to slap Helo Silly for going against orders, whatever his personal views were it was his duty to not interfere, he is after all a 'solider'

2) Cant the Virus be manufactured and pumped thoughtout the human fleet? Good way to get rid of any Cylons that might still be lurking.

What I dont understand is that the centurions were affected too, but they aren't biological.

As for the question of knowing about cylons in the past it's mentioned that it was probably infected by accident. So my guess is not.

T.

I agree with Number 1

I agree with number 2 and believe there has to be a way as well. Just like this was somewhat of a filler episode in which the biological weapon was scraped, they will probably do without the manufacturing of the disease.

Where are the details. :P

Got caught up, sorry :D . It was a good episode, though it happened a little suddenly. Come on, who HASN'T seen the "I have a dark past that no one else knows about but this guy who just came back causes it to get out, but it turns out everyone stil accepts me for who I am now" storyline? I did like the Baltar joke, with the painting. Heh, he slept with two cylons.

I loved last night's episode! Granted, it kind of threw you into this complicated mess abruptly but considering how much they were trying to pack into a 1 hour episode, was handled very well. From immediately establishing that "Bull-dog" was not a "skin-job" to portraying just how cunning the Cylons are to allow a human to escape to basically infiltrate and assassinate the "glue" (Adama)that holds the colonies together...brilliant. I also have grown to like Tigh much more than before because of this episode. Overall, it gave a greater insight into Adama, Tigh, D'Anna's characters, introduced an interesting new character, and raised some new questions as to the events that occured prior to the Cylon invasion. All this, and "oh yeah, Baltar is a P-I-double M-P PIMP!!"

All this, and "oh yeah, Baltar is a P-I-double M-P PIMP!!"

Yeah all good but he'd never make a living out of them like that ;):timbo:

Great episode, and great to see so much time spent on character interaction, as you say it's good to know 'the old man' has skeletons in the closet ( he's been a bit too high,mighty and untouchable moraly, dont ya think?) & Tigh is going a long way to redefining himself beyond his self pity, hurrah! ( thank god he finally found an eye patch...I was wondering if there was one in the fleet somewhere... talking of which anyone else wonder where they get the endless uspply of cigarettes and booze from? )

I still think there is more to this guy turning up out of the Blue than they are letting on but .... as always we'll see.

T.

... talking of which anyone else wonder where they get the endless uspply of cigarettes and booze from?

well early on we saw chief help set up a still and then even go so far as to trade "shine" for parts when he was building the blackbird. as for leaf to smoke I'll pin it up to a little over a year spent on new caprica gave them the chance to generate some crops while dirt side, or maybe some stores were brought back on the rescue mission to caprica or a generous helping of both.

as for reading the comic book I have read the first three issues and am sorry to say I'm done with it, just doesn't carry the same feeling as the show and if these events are supposed to blend with what we get on tv I think there are some major holes to be filled.

did I hear correctly a couple of episodes ago that there is a top secret 13th skin job whose identity even the other models arent aware of or did I imagine that?

and my last 2 cents for the day on this the disease the probe/beacon left behind by the 13th tribe carried a common virus that humans had grown an immunity towards not a man made bio weapon like the toasters feared(ala war of the worlds) and while quarentine proved the bsg crew members weren't getting sick it may turn out they are still carriers and slowly the disease may spread through out the fleet and flush out a toaster or two. and in the meantime I agree why not infect the fleet since it can't hurt humans? ah well probably better to have some one learn how to use baltars cylon detector over the course of the next few seasons....

( thank god he finally found an eye patch...I was wondering if there was one in the fleet somewhere...

T.

Yeah, the little "gauze taped over the eye" was bugging the hell out of me! There was no reason beyond leaving "New Caprica" for him not to have received some medical attention and/or a patch(unless it was meant to be symbolic of his inability to move beyond the events on New Caprica).

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, the little "gauze taped over the eye" was bugging the hell out of me! There was no reason beyond leaving "New Caprica" for him not to have received some medical attention and/or a patch(unless it was meant to be symbolic of his inability to move beyond the events on New Caprica).

Someone please make that man a glass eye. I feel bad for any performer who has to suffer through something like that for their artform. Reminds me of LeVar Burton wearing that hairclip over his eyes for so long. Those contact lenses didn't come soon enough.

And BSG is apparently moving to Sundays at 10pm here in the States on January 21. I'll be there but I hope everyone else will be as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I just noticed something interesting: Athena was in the old series and was some sort of person that was always helping out on the bridge. At first, when Sharon got renamed "Athena", I just thought it was a name the writers had decided on, but I guess not. I just find it cool that Grace Park gets to play Sharon/Boomer/Athena.

Luckily, we know someone who works on the show. Yesterday she showed us the Season 3 outtakes DVD (this is probably going to be released on DVD eventually) and I have to say, Adama can be quite..... gaseous :P .

Also, does anyone think Apollo will go back into the cockpit? Will the Baltar threesomes ever cease?

Glomit

I just noticed something interesting: Athena was in the old series and was some sort of person that was always helping out on the bridge. At first, when Sharon got renamed "Athena", I just thought it was a name the writers had decided on, but I guess not.

Actually, in the original series, Athena is Apollo's sister (and Adama's daughter). She was also one(of many) of Starbuck's love interests. Her role was similar to Dee's(Duala) on the bridge and she eventually became a viper pilot as well. I thought it was a cool "nod" to the original series, but will probably confuse the Hell out of anyone not familiar with both series!

Just finished watching the fall finale on SPACE, and wow, what a cliffhanger. Is Adama bluffing? And yet, they did not reveal one new Cylon!!!! <_< .

Still cool, nevertheless. Just can't wait for January!

Glomit

Just finished watching the fall finale on SPACE, and wow, what a cliffhanger. Is Adama bluffing? And yet, they did not reveal one new Cylon!!!! <_< .

Still cool, nevertheless. Just can't wait for January!

Glomit

Wait, I missed the SEASON FINALE?

Wait, I missed the SEASON FINALE?

Not really a season finale but a fall final, first half of the season. (3.0)

The episode will re-air Sunday and Monday at 10:00 PM Central Time. It was more of a big tease than anything, not too impressed imo. Almost like last seasons, a stand off. I'll expect the real finale to be more dramatic.

The second part of the season starts end of Jan. (3.5)

Is Adama bluffing?

I'm assuming these nukes can be detonated or disabled before reaching the surface. Launching them is one thing. Allowing them to reach the target is another. Not sure if this means anything but I counted six Cylon ships headed to the surface and seven nukes prepped for deployment. And one of those ships has Baltar on it.

Has there been any scuttlebutt about releasing Season 2 in its entirety on DVD? I refuse to buy it in two pricier packages. I hope they don't do that with Season 3. I missed my BSG fix over the summer. Bastards.

• 3 weeks later...

Just thought I'd say this for those who don't already know. BSG on the SPACE channel has been moved to Sundays starting Jan. 21st, starting at what I believe is the same time as before. NOTE:This is the all-new Season 3.5. Just so all you SPACE viewers know. :D

Glomit

• 3 weeks later...

It was easy to tell that one of the new Cylons was not going to be revealed, but it was still cool how D'anna got to see them all, and then saw one that she had not at all expected. Sucks that her model is being boxed, though.

And oh, man, I cannot wait to see what happens with 6 on board Galactica!!

Glomit

Yeah the episode was kinda cool. Too bad they discontinued my luv Lucy Lawless, I miss her cause I used to watch Xena when I was up late nights. :( She was a guest star and knew it was a matter of time. It's kinda cool that she saw the 5, I wonder who she saw when she said that she was sorry. I know about the drawing, but until confirmed it'll still be a mystery.

It'll be interesting how this season ends, hopefully with a bang.

Cool show, they kinda got a lot into one episode...

I actually thought it was Starbuck when she was apologising to the 5th 'mystery cylon', but think I might have it confused... have they ever met? - damn I'll have to rewatch the whole damn thing again to check now!

One thing that worries me though is the sheer number of people with are becoming some kind of prophet, we can add starbuck to the ever growing list...

It'll be fun to have 6 & Baltar on galactica again :P

T.

Yeah I can't recall if d'anna ever met starbuck so it's wide open imo.

It worries me too about too many people having some sort of destiny, but we'll see. Watch the final 5 be the main cast. :P j/k

haha, that'll get interesting seeing them both on galactica.(six and balter)

I kinda like that kara is back with their parents.