UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 42

boyd

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luke, does Armored Thor only have one wrist... thing? Or did you take the other one off? I can't remember if that's accurate or not.

I believe he only comes with one – it's basically a "cast" for his broken arm. He had to fancy it up so bad guys didn't know he was frail like a baby koala during that story arc.

Normally, this is where I'd jump in and give you guys a run down of the why's and wherefores of Thor's Armor. But this time, I'm not.

Nope.

This time I'm telling you, I'm beggin you, to go find those Simonson issues of Thor for yourself. You will not be disappointed. Good, good stuff.

As many requests as I could, although I can't find any of my older Thing minimates at the moment:

IMG_4528.jpg

IMG_4522.jpg

IMG_4520.jpg

IMG_4529.jpg

IMG_4532.jpg

IMG_4533.jpg

IMG_4526.jpg

IMG_4530.jpg

IMG_4517.jpg

So the Stonemen are party girls, and I like the new Beta Ray Bill better than the previous one (the metallic paint is very nice, and his black mouth makes him look better). Both open face breakfast sandwiches are on sprouted bread with a fried egg and two strips of bacon. The one on the left has pepperjack cheese, pico de gallo, and cilantro. The one on the right has jarlsberg and parmesan cheese, spinach, fried onions, and parsley. :D

I am clearly an idiot, for which I apologize. Thank you for the Armored Thor head on Thunderstrike. However, I apparently wanted to see Masterson Thor's head (the squinty eyes & bigger beard) on Thunderstrike. If you have time, cool. If not, I'm buying them all, anyways, so no worries. Sorry. :confused:

I agree. If you can find one the WALTER SIMONSON THOR OMNIBUS (because it's in all-caps in my head) then pick it up. I paid $60-ish for mine and hopefully you can still find copies online. It's fantastic!

60 bucks! wow, I would wager for no more than another 15 I could track down a full run of original issues at cons from the 3 for a dollar boxes. there really is only 1 key issue in the run and thats BRB's first appearance. although if thumbing through dollar boxes isnt your cup of tea then the omnibus is prolly the way to go. it is a very good run but the best bit is really the first story arc it is clearly more thought out and scripted much better than the rest of the run. (Walt if your reading this I do love the whole thing but the first 20 issues or so is my favorite bit)

I agree. If you can find one the WALTER SIMONSON THOR OMNIBUS (because it's in all-caps in my head) then pick it up. I paid $60-ish for mine and hopefully you can still find copies online. It's fantastic!

60 bucks! wow, I would wager for no more than another 15 I could track down a full run of original issues at cons from the 3 for a dollar boxes. there really is only 1 key issue in the run and thats BRB's first appearance. although if thumbing through dollar boxes isnt your cup of tea then the omnibus is prolly the way to go. it is a very good run but the best bit is really the first story arc it is clearly more thought out and scripted much better than the rest of the run. (Walt if your reading this I do love the whole thing but the first 20 issues or so is my favorite bit)

Having sold a few of these, can I say that $60 for the omnibus is about right for the market and is much better than the retail price it carries of $125 if you bought it at a shop. Those omnibus' are way over-priced.

And thanks for the pics Luke.

Having sold a few of these, can I say that $60 for the omnibus is about right for the market and is much better than the retail price it carries of $125 if you bought it at a shop. Those omnibus' are way over-priced.

And thanks for the pics Luke.

$60 bucks for a $125 hardcover book that's almost 1200 pages is a HUUUUUUUGE deal. So cheap! And worth every penny even if you spent the retail price for it.

I think your math's a bit off, since Simonson was on Thor for-what?- 50-60 comics, and that's including the issues that Sal Buscema illustrated :sick:. So it would be more like $20, and yeah, I'm sure you'd be able to get the whole run at a con with a little work. But Omnibuses look so nice on the shelf....

Great comics, though. And Luke, that's so cool that Walt himself commented on your Facebook page! Maybe you can hook him up with Zack, and he can do one of those DST interviews like Peter David did.

Got my wave 42 from Luke today, these are really nice! The new cape pieces are great, they stay on really well and don't hinder arm movement very much. Thanks Luke!

Would you be willing to photograph a Stone Man with any of the following for me? I really wanna see if any of these colors will match better with the orange on the Stone Man.

-series 5 Thing head

-Clobberin' Time Thing head

-SDCC Thing head

If so, thank you! If not, no biggie. :)

Edited by Mystery Man

Got my sets from Luke yesterday as well. Couple of thoughts. First, no sandwich. Major disappointment. Second, although pretty much every figure is a home run, Cap might be my favorite. If he came with a shield shoulder harness, he would easily be the definitive Cap. Very well executed. Zola is cool, but I can't help but wish he came with done kind of accessory. Each of the Thors is a masterpiece. I think Thunderstrike looks cooler here than he ever has. The stone men look fine until touched, then you realize they are immobile and fall apart. Almost as dissappointing a the no sandwich thing.

Edited by Turtle

Hey man (Turtle), the sandwich was meant for me and me alone. Sorry, but it has been digested and turned to waste. :whistling:

Anywho, why is it that y'all seem to find wave 42 BRB better than the SDCC version? Isn't he just a straight repaint?

Anywho, why is it that y'all seem to find wave 42 BRB better than the SDCC version? Isn't he just a straight repaint?

If W42 BRB is just a straight repaint of the SDCC version and if "y'all" seem to find him better, my guess would be - and that might be a wild guess - "y'all" like the W42 color scheme better. Just a guess. I'm neither Sherlock nor Watson. :whistling:

I think the SDCC is better, personally. Yeah this one is a straight repaint, and I'm really not into the gold look they use. It isn't as bold or bright. When I got the stormbreaker set, first thing I did was give Classic Heroes Thor the new yellow boots.