UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 42

boyd

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you be willing to photograph a Stone Man with any of the following for me? I really wanna see if any of these colors will match better with the orange on the Stone Man.

-series 5 Thing head

-Clobberin' Time Thing head

-SDCC Thing head

If so, thank you! If not, no biggie. :)

My daughter seems to have misplaced our camera, but I will try to get a picture with my phone later.

I was the one who shared the link to your pic on his wall. You're welcome! :D

Awesome, thanks! :)

Got my sets from Luke yesterday as well. Couple of thoughts. First, no sandwich. Major disappointment. Second, although pretty much every figure is a home run, Cap might be my favorite. If he came with a shield shoulder harness, he would easily be the definitive Cap. Very well executed. Zola is cool, but I can't help but wish he came with done kind of accessory. Each of the Thors is a masterpiece. I think Thunderstrike looks cooler here than he ever has. The stone men look fine until touched, then you realize they are immobile and fall apart. Almost as dissappointing a the no sandwich thing.

For the Stonemen, I put a tiny drop of superglue in the wrist hole, and then I put the arm on, wiggle it for 5 seconds, and then let the pieces dry separately. When I put them back together it is a tighter fit. Although it doesn't solve the articulation issue, at least they don't fall apart anymore.

Hey man (Turtle), the sandwich was meant for me and me alone. Sorry, but it has been digested and turned to waste. :whistling:

Anywho, why is it that y'all seem to find wave 42 BRB better than the SDCC version? Isn't he just a straight repaint?

Other than the new color scheme, I think the black mouth makes him look better. I'm glad the sandwich was so digestible! :lol:

Would you be willing to photograph a Stone Man with any of the following for me? I really wanna see if any of these colors will match better with the orange on the Stone Man.

-series 5 Thing head

-Clobberin' Time Thing head

-SDCC Thing head

If so, thank you! If not, no biggie. :)

My daughter seems to have misplaced our camera, but I will try to get a picture with my phone later.

Yay, thank you! :)

Although all this talk of the Stone Men falling apart has me concerned with my Thing project (and building an army).

I had steak and eggs benedict for breakfast, so you can keep your sandwich, Mini_Myte. I'll probably get around to the superglue treatment at some point for the stone men. It's just disappointing that I have to. Regarding BRB, I prefer the SDCC version, even for the head. I like the mouth detail paint on the new one, but the SDCC version has white wings on his helmet ftw. I don't know for certain, but I'd guess fwoosheyman called him Bull because I and U are next to each other on the keyboard.:)

Got mine from Luke yesterday (sorry, Mystery Man, I skipped the Stone Man set, so no pics from me), and they are very nice indeed. It's true, the Cap Minimate is a well done Cap Minimate... but that's no different than any of the dozen other nice Cap Minimates we've gotten from the Invaders box on. Sigh. I guess that's the price we pay for Armin Zola. I did put the jacket on my Steve Rogers custom, so there's that.

Beta Ray Bill and Armored Thor are great. I didn't buy the Stormbreaker set because I knew we'd be getting BRB in a regular wave, so I can't compare the two releases, but I'm quite happy with this one. I've always loved that Thor armor, and while I wish his chest was a bit bulkier, I can't complain. Great work, DST! Now bring on the TRU sets! :yes:

Edited by hellpop

I got my set today. Very impressive. The BRB is much better than the box set. My only complaint is my Armored Thor was missing one of his bracers... I didn't get Eric Masterson Thor because they didn't have him. I'd gladly trade a bagged NYCC Civilian Zombie for him if anyone is interested PM me.

Yep, he only had one brace in the comics.

Thor378.jpg

Also, another plea for those of you with the Stone Man.

Anybody able to photo him with either the series 5, Clobberin' Time and/or SDCC FF Thing head? I need to see how the colors match up so I'll know what I should place on my order with Luke.

Thanks!

Edited by Mystery Man

Cool... I have no complaints then. That's gotta be a first! As for the color matching between Thing and the stone men, I didn't put them side by side but I don't think that the color matches any previously released Thing. The stone men seem to be a little on the brownish side.