UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Mwattsart Customs

mwattsart

post-3754-1284602465_thumb.jpg

Here is my Ash minimate. The photo was taken in my front lawn.

The hair is a repainted WW2 Cpt America hairpiece. The face is a movie Wolverine with the facial hair scraped off. I noticed that the face had a stubble look to it and decided to keep it. The shirt and right arm are from The Man With No Name from the For a Few Dollars More set. The left arm is a random flesh tone arm. The legs are Akuma's legs repainted with a belt from a Movie Wolverine. The gun is from The Man With No Name as well, and his held on the back by a cut down gunholster from Cable. The Necronomicon is a repainted book from a BSG set. His chainsaw is from a generic Lego set called Best Lock. I painted the straps and rip in his shirt using Testors enamel paint.

More to come for sure.

Edited by mwattsart

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

post-3754-1284602354_thumb.jpg

Here is my Dexter minimate setup.

The room is made with Legos with Zip-Lock bags for the plastic he lays out in the room. The knife on the table is from a Cable minimate. The bag is from The Man in Black. The two pictures are from some BSG sets I got for cheap.

As for Dexter, the hair is a repainted movie Deadpool hairpiece. The face is from the movie Emil Blonsky. The chest is a repaint of Eleen's BSG with repainted fleshtone arms. The gloves are from Secret Wars Storm. The legs and feet are from the movie Deadpool as well. His scalpel is a cut down and repainted knife from the Punisher.

The victim has hair from one of the many Tony Stark mates I have. The face belongs to Felix Gaeta from BSG with the cut and blood done with paint markers. The duct tape is silver painted tape. The torso is from Titanium Man with movie Wolverine arms and basic hands. The legs are from movie Gwen Stacy with flesh tone feet. I used folded up Zip-Lock bag parts with clear scotch tape to hold him to the table.

I was glad with how the light from my lamp worked so well in this picture. I added the logo to make this my background on my laptop.

Edited by mwattsart

post-3754-1284688596_thumb.jpg

This is the Tinkerbell I made for my girlfriend.

This one took quite a bit of work to do. The face and legs are from Ellen from BSG. The hair is from Spider-Girl with Akuma's topknot added for her bun, glued together then repainted. The body and arms are from Captivity Six of BSG with the straps scraped of with my X-acto, and the black repainted. The wings are off of the Theater Ghost from Ghost Busters, with the base cut to show her upper back. The skirt is a cut down movie Gwen Stacy skirt. I cut off the arm connectors from a BSG body I had for the balls on her shoes. The feet are random repainted feet.

While cutting the shirt for this one, my X-acto blade slipped and got me in the finger. Bled pretty good for such a small cut.

post-3754-1284940135_thumb.jpg

Here's my minimates of Columbus and Tallahassee from Zombieland.

The Hummer is from a generic Lego knockoff call Best-Lock. It was a set with two Hummer's I found at a local Ollie's outlet store. When I saw the set had a yellow Hummer I knew I needed to buy it for this set. All I has to do was paint the 3 on the side and add a spare tire to the back.

Columbus' hair is a repainted Beyonder hair. His face is a slimeblower Ray Stantz face with the mouth colored in to look open. His shirt is from The Man With No Name from the For a Few Dollars More set, as is his gun(Which is borrowed from my Ash minimate until I could get another one.) I gave him the pants and feet from my Ash( I gave Ash the pants and feet from Whiplash from IM2.) The hands are just basic flesh tone hands.

Tallahassee's hat is a carved down and repainted hat from The Man in Black from FAFDM. His face is from Molecule Man with the zigzag lines scraped off and eyes painted blue. I painted on his hair and facial hair as well. The shirt is from Malice with the flesh tone painted on. The jacket is a repainted movie Gwen Stacey jacket with arms from The Man in Black and basic flesh tone hands. The belt is a repainted BSG belt. The legs and feet are from The Man With No Name. His gun is a sawed off Shotgun from Brickarms with the handle shaved down.

I may make Wichita and Little rock if I could get the right parts.

post-3754-1285026669_thumb.jpg

My first commission. This is for youbastards. He let me pick what to make, and I wanted to make this Spider-Man ever since I noticed the jacket would be a nice match.

The whole body including the torso cover is from a random BSG minimate(The basic uniform body.) I sanded down the pocket on the chest so it did not protrude so much. The glove ends are the sleeve ends from a Rogue figure with basic hands. The face is a repainted Klaw head. I painted the eyes onto clear contect paper and cut them out to stick them to the face. I just made the quick base to slightly resemble the drawing.

Edited by mwattsart

post-3754-1285125702_thumb.jpg

This is my minimate I made of myself.(Crappy picture due to no access to a camera at the moment.)

I wanted some way to have my minimates hold certain weapons better. So I cut the right arm at the top half, rotated and glued it back together to make him hold his shotgun the way one should be held.

The face is from Multiple Man with some of the detail scraped away and my goatee pianted on it. The hair is a repaint of one of my Ironman 'mates. The torso is from Hawkeye from the Old Man Logan set. the jacket and left arm is from Peter Parker from SM3. The right arm is a random arm repainted. I still have the original right arm for everything else. I cut the left hand down to rest the gun in to look normal. The legs are from the movie Bruce Banner with feet from X-23. The gun holster is from Starbuck from BSG. Both the pistol and shotgun are from Brickarms.

post-3754-1285125702_thumb.jpg

This is my minimate I made of myself.(Crappy picture due to no access to a camera at the moment.)

I wanted some way to have my minimates hold certain weapons better. So I cut the right arm at the top half, rotated and glued it back together to make him hold his shotgun the way one should be held.

The face is from Multiple Man with some of the detail scraped away and my goatee pianted on it. The hair is a repaint of one of my Ironman 'mates. The torso is from Hawkeye from the Old Man Logan set. the jacket and left arm is from Peter Parker from SM3. The right arm is a random arm repainted. I still have the original right arm for everything else. I cut the left hand down to rest the gun in to look normal. The legs are from the movie Bruce Banner with feet from X-23. The gun holster is from Starbuck from BSG. Both the pistol and shotgun are from Brickarms.

Nice work! If you want to go one up on this, there's a thread in here somewhere where someone did the same thing but by cutting up two sets of arms, I think, they added a point of articulation about where you glued. I wish they would update the standard design to be that way. It was really cool.

post-3754-1285307108_thumb.jpg

Here is my Michael Myers minimate. This was a quicky custom.

The head is a random head I had painted with white out with the face details added using my pens for inking my art. The hair is from The Man With No Name with white out for the ears. The torso and arms are from T-1000 with the badge and name tag painted over. The legs are from a standard BSG minimate uniform. The knife is from Cable.

I think the white out gives the face that matte look his mask had.

post-3754-1285527392_thumb.jpg

I was sitting around looking through my Spider-Man encyclopedia when I came across Dusk. Originally worn by Peter Parker the alien costume could blend perfectly into the shadows. I knew I had everything I needed to make him, and this gave the the chance to test out my new printer and the template from Luke.

Everything except the hands and head are from Black Bolt. I scraped off all of the details. The wings are repainted, as are the hands and head. The head came from Colonel Tigh from BSG. I did the chest and face in Illustrator. I used Lukes basic male chest with the colors changed. For the face, I found a picture of android Human Torch and used his face for a reference. I don't have any sticker paper so I used tape over the paper, which actually made the black darker.