UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Chat live with DST Chuck, Wednesday, March 24th

I have all the text from the chat and will get a transcript of most of it up but it will probably be tomorrow there is a lot of chatter to filter out.

A HUGE thanks to chuck for hanging out and to all those who were there for making it more or less civilised :)

T.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey TBT, dya mind if I post my transcript too? I might need to edit it too but an unedited version (incoherent nonsense and all) is available if anyone wants it... :ermm:

Edited by NorthRaider

I believe we will get a full transcript up soon.

Sam, I asked your MUSCLE question and got a very intriguing response! Chuck says they have another 80s property up their sleeve and to think HARD about who it is.

Thanks Danny. I appreciated it.

Hey TBT, dya mind if I post my transcript too? I might need to edit it too but an unedited version (incoherent nonsense and all) is available if anyone wants it... :ermm:

Hows about I edit/post a version and if you think we need another then I don't see any reason why not other than simple duplication.

T.

I left the chat open knowing I wouldn't be here for it.... it was all there and in the two minutes I left the room, my son managed to navigate out of the chat room with his elbow... or so the story goes.

Needlessly to say, I'd love a transcript (edited or otherwise)

As punishment, he's forbidden from playing with my new Sentinels for a week! That'll teach him! ;)

Nothing earth-shaking, but Chuck actually tossed out quite a few little breadcrumbs for us.

• Sounds like a Liefeld X-Force boxset (or something) might be in the works.

• He gave a stronger-than-neutral indication of Fantastic Four and more Inhumans coming.

• IM2 dates: TRU wave is on its way to stores now; Borders exclusive expected around the first week in April; wave 35 expected mid- to late April.

• Apparently they have another 80's property like Battle Beasts in their back pocket.

• Unless I was mistaken, he seemed to confirm a Doc Brown mate is coming with the non-iced Delorean.

• He has "plans" for Battle Beast Gator for the conventions this year. Sounded like it wasn't a sure bet, but something on the burner.

And some not-as-great news...

• The Fathers Day "micro"mates may be unarticulated PVC.

• Aside from the possible con exclusive thing, no other plans for Battle Beasts this year.

• Kang and Wrecking Crew are not on the drawing board.

I probably missed a few things, but I think that was all the big news.

---

Chuck says they have another 80s property up their sleeve and to think HARD about who it is.

Danny, your emphasis got me thinking... Rock Lords?

Edited by Lobsterman

Liefeld's X-Force is Domino, Cannonball, Shatterstar? We already got Liefeld Cable right? I must admit I don't know much about it.

Here's hoping the 1980's property is C.O.P.S: The Animated Series. Fighting crime in a future time...COPS! B)

Sigh... I totally choked. I'll own it. Got my first question out and answered early, but when it came my turn again I was argueing with my oldest son about magically becoming too hungry to sleep 10 minutes from bedtime. (you fathers know how that can go) Shanester call my name and the glider question I'd had in mind completely left my me. All I could think of was:

"Kang?"

Sigh... For a guy how prides himself on his communication skills and handeling pressure situations... epic fail. But at least it was an amusing epic failure. And someone else asked about the gliders. Ah well.

Well it's not the first time that allegation has been leveled against me in my illustrious online career, and occasionally with reason. I was more confused as usually most folks wait until after I say something before saying that.

Seriously, Rob, it's all good. No offense taken in the slightest.

HARD? Maybe Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?

As for X-Force... I'm guessing Domino, Shatterstar, Cannonball maybe Boomer, Feral or Siryn.

Feral would make sense, as the Jim Lee Beast hair and claws are a perfect fit for her.

Also, I neglected in my first post to thank our gracious mods for putting the chat together. So, many thanks to TBT, Danny and Shanester for making it happen!

Bo0rders exclusive IM2 minis? What...? Can someone tell me what I missed there? I never saw those announced...

http://www.artasylum.com/blog/2010/03/iron...-em-right-here/

Borders are getting an exclusive IM2 set of Mark IV Iron Man and Battle Damaged Whiplash. Chuck said that this will be in a full assortment of IM2 Minimates at Borders and not just a single exclusive pack. I would imagine they are getting some of the LCS wave as well.

Thanks to everyone who took part yesterday, it was a lot of fun, and obviously thanks to Chuck for allowing himself to be grilled so hard. It was very cool being in a "live Q&A" :)