UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimates M.A.X. New Series Review

Lurch77

I think they are on the site here, but they just don't show up in the search.

Fire Fighters

Law Enforcement

These are the old item pages for Wave 1, but it shows them in stock. I've placed an order for these assuming I'll get Wave 2. But if anyone else decides to do it and Wave 1 shows up, don't blame me.

Here's my reasoning. These two packs share the same UPCs in Wave 1 and Wave 2. Items are probably entered into TRU's system by UPC and when these were added they got mapped to the old item numbers instead of creating new ones. Back when Wave 1 went out of stock, a flag was set to prevent them from showing on the site. That flag wasn't reset when Wave 2 arrived. Until that flag is set they won't show without a direct link. They can still be ordered because the ordering part of the backend doesn't care about the search/display part of the front end.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

are we talking about the hat? I noticed that on that there review before the update, assumed it'd have been discussed to death... I know what you (us) folks are like.

I think the old hat looks better, but y'know... now the ears aren't trying to escape his head, which is always nice.

• 2 weeks later...

For all you variant hunters out there, it seems there is a new one in regards to the MAX law enforcement minimates from series 2. And no, I'm not talking about the packaging. Check it out after the jump.

Cool, I just picked up the wave 2 set but the blister had been stapled back to the card and I wasn't sure if I was missing a belt and someone had added a non blank chest. Thanx for the review, appears I got a normal wave 2 set (well except for the two right riot arms, but I wanted one of the cops in street uniform anyway :) )

Edited by Shogi

• 3 months later...

I am guessing that means MAX is going to be a LCS/specialty store release, but I see how it could be interpreted that it means other national retail outlets (Target, Walmart, etc).

That was my first thought as well, sadly. But I would love to see Minimates back on the shelves of Target.

TRU's diminishing interest in Minimates is also sad. But they took so many chances on them last year - Pirates, MAX Heroes, the Sony line - and they all ended up on clearance locally. I can't blame them for cutting back.

TRU's diminishing interest in Minimates is also sad. But they took so many chances on them last year - Pirates, MAX Heroes, the Sony line - and they all ended up on clearance locally. I can't blame them for cutting back.

On second thought, maybe it's not a diminishing interest; they may be dropping Pirates, but they're picking up The Expendables and The Walking Dead, and keeping Marvel and Monsters. Perhaps they're just shifting what lines they carry to try and keep up with what's current?

Awesome stopmotion!Thogh I can't help but think,what about the arctic ops guy with the snowboard?He looked awesome...

Pretty sure the snowboard is still included, just not shown. Maybe next episode.

And yes, TRU will not have these any more, but they are taking a few new lines from us. So we're opening MAX and Pirates up to everyone else.

Out of curiosity, did TRU drop the MAX line because of poor sales, or because they're trying to keep the lines they carry fresh? I can only speak for the three stores I go to, but the MAX sets seemed to sell through faster than any of the other properties, Marvel included.

Has there been interest for the MAX line (or Minimates in general) from any other major retailers, or are these sets going to live or die based on specialty orders?

Awesome stopmotion!Thogh I can't help but think,what about the arctic ops guy with the snowboard?He looked awesome...

Pretty sure the snowboard is still included, just not shown. Maybe next episode.

And yes, TRU will not have these any more, but they are taking a few new lines from us. So we're opening MAX and Pirates up to everyone else.

oh I really hope Target gets back into Minimates and picks both of these lines up. Walmart is way too sporadic with collector lines, but Target has always been good about every store getting product they carry.

• 1 month later...

I believe Zach said they're in TBD land right now, as TRU is no longer the exclusive carrier for them. It doesn't appear they've been solicited to specialty stores yet, so I would guess DST are still trying to work out a line plan that smaller stores will buy into.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

So, I was watching the special features on Wreck-It Ralph, and they were talking about creating the world of Sugar Rush, and how they looked at a lot of real candy to make sure the CG looked good, etc.

Look what they used to see how Ralph crashing his stolen Hero's Duty ship into icing would look:

IMAG0075_zps2405f21d.jpg

ohmy.png