UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Mutants 4 Pack Press Photos

DaveOMac

Rheul, can we see a pic of Bobby and Rahne in their NM uniforms?

Here ya go...

FANewMutantsII.jpg

Thanks Rheul. I just got my set of NMs tonight. These guys are great. I just hate the fact they have those totally unneccessary belts, when a paint tampo would have sufficed. And I'm totally stoked to get doubles of the TRU Cannonball, so I can swap out the cooler looking base with the one from the boxed set.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I'm totally stoked to get doubles of the TRU Cannonball, so I can swap out the cooler looking base with the one from the boxed set.

I got a nice look at that Cannonball base and I think it could have been done better... About the belts... I just noticed even 'Berto has a belt. They should have used all that belt plastic to make a tail for Rahne.

Does Bobby have translucent normal hands & feet, or just the gloves/boots?

Yes, he comes with a second set of normal transluscent hands and feet.

While I think it's very cool that this set has the extra heads and such, I have to say that I think they missed the mark in capturing the character's personalities in their faces. Rahne looks a bit too made up and sultry. 'Berto looks too deadpan. He should have a charming grin that portrays his flirty nature. Sam also has a very stern look that's not 100% accurate to how he was portrayed.

A really good set that could have been amazing with a little more personality in each face.

I think they missed the mark in capturing the character's personalities in their faces. Rahne looks a bit too made up and sultry. 'Berto looks too deadpan. He should have a charming grin that portrays his flirty nature. Sam also has a very stern look that's not 100% accurate to how he was portrayed.

A really good set that could have been amazing with a little more personality in each face.

I agree Sam should have an awkward unsure expression. Rhane is a little to pretty. 'Berto is the biggest let down of the set. The hair is all wrong. He looks better without it. I tried putting the black hair on him and it blacks out his whole face. Karma is pretty much dead on. Im still glad we got them though.

Nice pics will have to get a few packs myself.

I look at that Sunspot and my cerebral customising juices get flowing. (That means I think of a custom but I'm no good at doing them.)

Take one Sunspot some goof off add Moon Knight cape and cowl a lick of paint sprinkle in a tampo or three. (Hi Luke ;) )

And Izzy Wizzy Lets Get Busy...A passable Swarm custom.

Out of curiousity, has anyone tried putting UM Wolfman's hands and feet on Rahne?

I did and YES it does look better. It needs a paint job though, but it looks better. Now, if we could only get her a werewolf looking tail.

BTW: If you slap the WM's hands and feet onto Dark Beast, it makes him look WAAAAYYY better. BUt as with WB, it would need a coat of paint to match his gray fur.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Has anyone tried making a Magma using Karma's body and the Invisible womans Head and hair?

Working on making a corrected Sunspot and taller Sam, as well as a powered-up Magma...but who knows when I can finish them. Love the New Mutants! Just wish they were a bit more accurate...

Any suggestions on a tail for Wolfsbane?

Any suggestions on a tail for Wolfsbane?

Was she actually drawn with one? I don't remember her having one by the time she was in her X-Factor costume, but I could be wrong. For minimate tails there's Feral or Cheetah...

She often was drawn with a tail when in her wolf form or when she was half wolf/half girl back in her NM days. The tail didn't get much attention in her X-Factor or Excalibur days though.

It was a more bushy wolf-like tail than the one given to feral & cheetah though. . . .

evening all...

is anyone planning on getting a couple of these sets to make the 'powered down' versions as well? Unless I'm very much mistaken, that'd leave you with a spare Cannonball head, and I'd be very interested in taking this off your hands for a few bucks.

PM me if anyone is interested in this wonderful business opportunity