UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Avengers movie

MINI_MYTE

Bearing in mind that I've been waiting for this movie for longer than anybody else here I almost need it to be up to my expectations .I appreciate that Marvel can't condense 50+ years into a couple or so hours but the omission of the Pyms is almost tragic. I read the Ultimate Avengers a while back & beforehand I decided that I'd hate it but in fact I loved it so I'm not against revisionism but this line-up isn't quite right. This movie needs to break out of the tedious 'let's show how they assembled' stuff & go straight into the action but I fear all the leads & cameos in the other movies aren't going to be enough to escape the perceived necessity to do so. The 2nd. Hulk Movie,for example, wasn't great but at least it scored by dealing with the Hulk's origin in the opening credits & I thoroughly enjoyed the film because at least it had a story . Is there anybody going to the Avengers movie who wouldn't know the characters ? I doubt it but if there was(were?)would it take that long to bring themselves up to speed? Again I doubt it, so would it be too much for me to expect that they'll just get on with the show?

I agree about the origins stuff. I, too, wish they would set up the team getting together at the end of Captain America and maybe in a series of short online CG-animated videos or something. If you saw Inception, it just threw the audience into the middle of things, explained what they needed to know later through exposition, and released a cartoon segment with the DVD that explained what led up to the opening scene. Obviously, Inception was trying to get the audience to think things through and figure things out in a way that Avengers won't, but I don't think the audience needs 45 minutes to an hour of getting the team set up. That stuff could be good, but the more Avengers team action we see here, the better.

where did that poster come from?

The Hero Complex Film Festival, supposedly.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That is a fun poster, and it tells us a surprisingly large amount of information about the movie. First and most obvious is that Hawkeye is clearly about to launch an arrow through Captain America's head. Is this simply a nod to the early rivalry or something more sinister? Next of course is the fact that Captain America, Black Widow, and Hawkeye all seem to have developed the power of flight. (Black Widow's looks the coolest. Flying Ninja Kick! Nyah!) But look a little closer and the plot spoiler is obvious. Iron Man is using his thrusters to go down, an act that typically occurs without any technological assist. Clearly someone has reversed gravity. Those other characters aren't flying... they're falling up, and Iron Man is using his thrusters to get back down. So just looking at this poster, we know that Loki has reversed the gravity of Earth and that Clint is either the spy on the team or a skrull in disguise. Hulk might either be flaying his arms in fear or about to smash Thor. Who's to say? The only thing this poster is missing is a giant, ominous head in the background. All ribbing aside, I love it.

I like these updated designs. They'll look great in Minimate form, and there had better be two waves for this. And I agree about the exposition. We've met all of these characters, so there really isn't a need to bog things down with an overlong meet and greet. Of course, there are some questions that will need to get answered, like how'd Thor get back?

Of course, there are some questions that will need to get answered, like how'd Thor get back?

I'm reasonably sure that Jane's research into Bridge & Tunnel syndrome (or whatever she was calling it) was shoe-horned into the Thor film so that Thor could be retrieved for this one.

ok here's my notes:

ironman seems to be wearing yet another new suit, though very similar to the MK 6, slightly different.

Cap is definitely in new duds that im guessing fury will provide him with and im extremely happy with this, also it seems the wings on his helmet maybe slightly more 'physical'.

Hulk seems to be not wearing pants :yucky:

and then theres hawkeye, well first of all its great to know he WILL have a costume even if its not the one i wanted, secondly even though it looks red and black here, in a clearer pic, it seemed purple and darker purple so....i dunno :P

EDIT: ironmans reactor is circular NOT the extremis triangle!

Edited by undeadpool

That is a fun poster, and it tells us a surprisingly large amount of information about the movie. First and most obvious is that Hawkeye is clearly about to launch an arrow through Captain America's head. Is this simply a nod to the early rivalry or something more sinister? Next of course is the fact that Captain America, Black Widow, and Hawkeye all seem to have developed the power of flight. (Black Widow's looks the coolest. Flying Ninja Kick! Nyah!) But look a little closer and the plot spoiler is obvious. Iron Man is using his thrusters to go down, an act that typically occurs without any technological assist. Clearly someone has reversed gravity. Those other characters aren't flying... they're falling up, and Iron Man is using his thrusters to get back down. So just looking at this poster, we know that Loki has reversed the gravity of Earth and that Clint is either the spy on the team or a skrull in disguise. Hulk might either be flaying his arms in fear or about to smash Thor. Who's to say? The only thing this poster is missing is a giant, ominous head in the background.

It's a good thing I wasn't drinking coffee while reading this post, else I would've needed a new laptop :lol:

Of course, there are some questions that will need to get answered, like how'd Thor get back?

I'm reasonably sure that Jane's research into Bridge & Tunnel syndrome (or whatever she was calling it) was shoe-horned into the Thor film so that Thor could be retrieved for this one.

That makes sense, it just seems that such a big deal was made of destroying the bridge that it'd be kind of a let down if some Earth scientists could just so easily grab Thor back. Maybe the cube will help with that too?

Glad you enjoyed my analysis, NR. :)

That makes sense, it just seems that such a big deal was made of destroying the bridge that it'd be kind of a let down if some Earth scientists could just so easily grab Thor back. Maybe the cube will help with that too?

Glad you enjoyed my analysis, NR. :)

Actually that makes perfect sense... the Cube powers the bridge and Loki tries to get home with it... Notice how the Cosmic Cube looks a bit like a piece of the Bifrost. A little square bit that was taken out of it to preserve the Bifrost should it ever be broken...

post-1316-0-59599500-1308234997_thumb.jp

post-1316-0-28309100-1308235011_thumb.jp

Looks like they just took out a piece of the Bridge and made a little superpowered cube... Perhaps Red Skull wants it to get to Asgard... And perhaps Odin left it on Earth so that Earth could get to Asgard if it was needed... My God it's a transmitter AND a superpowered energy source. Which would open it up to somebody getting the Infinity Gauntlet AND would get Thor back to Earth.

I love speculation

• 3 weeks later...

I hope the keep the threat fairly straight forward, powerful but simple. You have already got a lot to juggle trying to give each of the heroes sufficient screen time to make the actual characters. You are going to have reintroduce everyone be it ever so briefly, just to bring the whole audience up to speed. Add too many villian subplots and it becomes an overcrowed mess. Keeping my fingers crossed.

• 2 weeks later...

Just as a heads up for those that don't know

figured I should do it this way...ahem....apparently the cosmic cube will be aquired by Loki to call fourth the Skrulls, but unfortunately that also brings Thanos..... /face splode.

Now, that isn't 100% proof by any means, but! There was more than one article in which I read that.

Holy... Oh my God it's REAL!!! It's NOT A PRANK! GAAAAHHHH! Everything about that except the crappy quality of the handheld video screams awesome. Damn next summer is going to kick ass. The only question is which is going to come out swinging harder: The Avengers or The Dark Knight Rises?

Well, you do know that the new horrible Spiderman is going to try and play with the big boys, and end up getting squashed like a bug. Maybe that'll stop Disney and their terrible reboot ideas.

Man, DKR. Avengers. Are we SURE the world isn't going to end in 2012? Cause seriously, I think it would be okay if it did.

Well, you do know that the new horrible Spiderman is going to try and play with the big boys, and end up getting squashed like a bug.

No way. They'll try to squash him, and they'll bounce right off of his super-rubbery basketball exterior.