UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What will the AFX & SDCC exclusive multipacks be??

fwoosheyman

I know it'll never happen (but maybe, since it's a con exclusive), but I'd rather have 4 unique characters in an AoA box set, than variants of existing characters:

Holocaust

Blink

Sunfire

Morph

I don't know, tenime. boxes like Infinity Gauntlet, Defenders, and Champions were pretty unique-heavy.

God, I hope so... :(

As it is, though, we'll probably just get one unique & 3 variants:

Weapon X

Jean Grey

Apocalypse

Holocaust (if we're lucky)

:(

I'd want BOTH but if there can only be ONE, I'd rather have the heavy hitters in Weapon X, Jean Grey, and Apocalypse.

Ugh. Screw that. I already have my definitive versions of those three characters. And, I can't be the only one, either.

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will pretty much skip any X-Related box set or two pack. I'd rather see some FF characters, Wrecking Crew, U-Foes or some Cosmic Marvel love... Maybe The Warriors Three and Odin (or Balder or Beta Ray Bill)... I'm just not into X-Men. AoA I think would be a big can of worms. If you start it you have to finish it, and we still need the rest of the core Inhumans as well as some mighty cool yet missing Defenders. I say keep it in the 616.

I know it'll never happen (but maybe, since it's a con exclusive), but I'd rather have 4 unique characters in an AoA box set, than variants of existing characters:

Holocaust

Blink

Sunfire

Morph

I don't know, tenime. boxes like Infinity Gauntlet, Defenders, and Champions were pretty unique-heavy.

God, I hope so... :(

As it is, though, we'll probably just get one unique & 3 variants:

Weapon X

Jean Grey

Apocalypse

Holocaust (if we're lucky)

:(

I'd want BOTH but if there can only be ONE, I'd rather have the heavy hitters in Weapon X, Jean Grey, and Apocalypse.

Ugh. Screw that. I already have my definitive versions of those three characters. And, I can't be the only one, either.

I'm opposite. I love my core characters. And I understand that remaking characters like Wolverine, Spider-Man, Iron-Man, Hulk, etc can help make some of the lesser known characters that would sell less.

The more I think about it, the more I want a FrankenCastle and the Legion of Monsters 4-pack. It'd go something like this:

FrankenCastle

ManThing

Jack Russel, The werewolf by night

Mobius

Man, I would totally plotz if this would happen. FrankenCastle is the BEST!

I think we may have just hit critical mass with the liberal wish-listing in this thread, so I'll just say any set that'll get us more new, unique characters is fine by me!

Though if DST Chuck's Inhumans tip is anything to go by... :woot:

Speaking of definitive versions of characters... do we have a thread where that subject is discussed?

Nothing yet according to my search-fu. Correction: seems we've discussed this once (albeit tangentially) in this thread.

Edited by NorthRaider

I will pretty much skip any X-Related box set or two pack. I'd rather see some FF characters, Wrecking Crew, U-Foes or some Cosmic Marvel love... Maybe The Warriors Three and Odin (or Balder or Beta Ray Bill)... I'm just not into X-Men. AoA I think would be a big can of worms. If you start it you have to finish it, and we still need the rest of the core Inhumans as well as some mighty cool yet missing Defenders. I say keep it in the 616.

I totally agree with the bolded part. :)

Edited by MinnesotaIceman

Wow... that's kind of a bummer. I mean, I guess we still need Janine and a non-Vince Clortho Louis (track suit, with a bottle of generic acetylsalicylic acid tablets) from the first movie, but they're really scraping the barrel on GB. And there are still a lot of Marvel characters out there that Comic-Con goers would probably love to see.

I wonder what DST's new pony is going to be when Ghostbusters finally collapses... <_<

----

Another, even more disappointing thought: can they possibly drag another IM2 boxset out for the Marvel offering? Final Battle Whiplash, Drunk Birthday Party Iron Man, Battle Damaged Mk II Rhodes, Agent Coulson?...

Edited by Lobsterman

Wow... that's kind of a bummer. I mean, I guess we still need Janine and a non-Vince Clortho Louis (track suit, with a bottle of generic acetylsalicylic acid tablets) from the first movie, but they're really scraping the barrel on GB. And there are still a lot of Marvel characters out there that Comic-Con goers would probably love to see.

I wonder what DST's new pony is going to be when Ghostbusters finally collapses... <_<

----

Another, even more disappointing thought: can they possibly drag another IM2 boxset out for the Marvel offering? Final Battle Whiplash, Drunk Birthday Party Iron Man, Battle Damaged Mk II Rhodes, Agent Coulson?...

I feel the same way about the 'Busters. No way do they warrant two SDCC sets. DST's one goal wasn't to drive it into the ground, like BSG sadly ended. THIS is driving it into the ground. I'd rather see the one SDCC set we know about and then the next TRU wave, and it could die in peace. I have a feeling this'll end the same way as every other DST license. :(

With IM2, i feel it's more deserving. Even with what we've gotten, there are a few holes. If i had it my way, i'd be:

Final Battle Whiplash (that's not a spoiler anymore. At all.) w/Cockatoo

Agent Coulson w/

WIP Cap Shield and Mjolnir

Howard Stark w/ mini Stark Expo diorama :)

BD Mk V Iron Man

FB Whippy, Coulson, and Howard are must-haves for me, and no set will sell without Tony; at least this would warrant a release, more than BD Mk VI.

I'd kill for any of these for SDCC, though:

SHIELD Agents

Redo Nick Fury (interchangeable between Secret Warriors and Classic; cigar+jetpack mandatory)

Dum Dum Dugan

Sharon Carter

Maria Hill

+extra generic heads

X-villains

Pyro

Avalanche

Mr. Sinister

Toad

X-men Second Coming

X-force Cable

Hope

Bastion

Nimrod robot

AFX facebook page just hinted at " SDCC Exclusive Marvel Minimates hint - the Marvel set is based on a popular team that started in the early 1990's."

Didn't X-Force start then?

And I want an Agent Coulson. I really like his character. I don't know what it is about him. But I find him to be a cool character. And Howard I want because my minis need somebody to make Disney jokes at. I'm planning something that involves minimates, poor animation and Disney music and having the most Walt Disneylike character ever would just be a bonus.

AFX facebook page just hinted at " SDCC Exclusive Marvel Minimates hint - the Marvel set is based on a popular team that started in the early 1990's."
X-Force?

I Think X-Force is pretty much a lock. There's been hints from chuck in the online forum and many rumours have been fueled by the inclusion of Warpath in Wave 37.

My question is, are we gonna be seeing FA X-Force in all there Liefield glory, or the Modern X-Force Death Squad look?

I'd rather see the 90's team. . . but i'd be pretty happy with either (both?).

The Kang Korps, obviously!

;P

Mystery Man, I just noticed the little caption below your avatar says "bring on Kang, Lizard, and Vulture." You might want to change that now that 2/3 are a lock. (Even if Vulture may not count in your book. Hardly does in mine.) Just a friendly reminder! Live long and prosper l\\//

Edited by Trekker 42

Woo boy I do not like that Deadpool.

edit: To elaborate I suppose I think those pistol holsters should be used on Minimates sparingly. While they are as small as they can be while still being usable, they just look kind of out of place. Also those gloves coupled with the small pistols are kind of a frustrating combination... they never really hold on to the guns correctly. That Deadpool mask is definitely encapsulates the 90's look they were going for... but it also captures why a lot of people hated the art of the 90's. Series 28 Deadpool is worlds better.

That being said, I will probably buy the Domino from someone on eBay.

Edited by Killek

Wow - i did not expect to be seeing another Cable so soon - a bit of dull parts re-use on this one. I'd rather a sculpted chest 'V' be used than the old Lady Deathstrike piece be trotted out again.

I am pleased as punch to see Feral included - she looks pretty spot on too!

Deadpool looks likes it's trying to capture the original look - luckily we have a spare mask on the original one to use on this one for those who don't like the Liefeld-esque face.

Domino looks like she could actually be quit cool! hope we get a better view of her soon.

post-2737-1275389113_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nessex

Gurgh, they weren't kidding about the nineties look on that set :blink:

I think the saddest part about this whole episode is that for the most part, Domino and Deadpool do look comic-accurate. God, Liefeld was such a wanker.

Interesting to note that the Ghostbusters exclusive is one of the few boxsets where we can actually get all of the Ghostbusters in one swipe.