UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

General Minimate Pictures Thread

I actually have a poster of that Dawn. I'm not such a big fan of the writing in any of her books, but the art is something I just look at for a long time on end. I knew the Dawn hair would make a good Widow piece the instant I saw it in package. It's a big reason I got the first Femmes boxset. You're welcome for the idea. I never much cared for the face and hair on Champions Widow either, which I think is a big reason I never got that box, but I know realize the gold bracelets are absolutely needed. I say the more Widow variations we can get, the better. I should change my sig banner. But it would say "More Widows" on it, and I don't want people to think I want to kill husbands or something. That's just crazy talk. I actually did a picture of all my Phoenixes (Phoeni?) a while back, but it was god awful. Maybe I'll go back at that.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing wrong with taking a break, Geo. I tried to shoot the new batch of ASM Minimates I got in, but was so tapped out I didn't make much progress. I did get this one, though. Nobody wants to disappoint Dennis Leary.

capnstacy.jpg

Must. Have. Knit. Cap.

Good shot Zach. After seeing the 3D trailer for ASM with Avengers this weekend, I'm actually a lot more excited for it, and thus, for minimates. Plus the uses for a Dennis Leary minimate seem about endless. Some Max firefighters? Rescue me. A bottle of NyQuil and a suit? Stand up comedian. The Knit cap and jacket from same First Night Spidey (or whatever it's called, I forgot)? the Ref. should make for some good times.

Wait... that's supposed to be Denis Leary? Didn't recognise him without a cigarette and scotch. ;)

Yeah, I didn't go anywhere.

Minimates-SecretWars.jpg

Minimates-Crossbones.jpg

Really I just needed some new mates. I have to wait til the end of the month for my Avengers and Scott Lang, and I think that's driving me just a little crazy. Also, I'm apparently gonna get some serious mileage out of this piece of wall from Deadpool. I might need to look in to getting more Marvel Selects just for these things. They are awesome.

Edited by The Geohound

I absolutely love Crossbones. I have another shot planned for him, but it'll take a bit of work to get done, so it won't be for a while. The wall is really awesome. A friend got me the marvel select Deadpool for christmas a while back and I never really appreciated it, let alone the base piece, but now. Well now I know better.

It's a pretty great wall. I want to do something with all of my Sentinel parts from various Marvel Legends figures. Hey, have you guys seen the photos by this guy Bryan Mark German? A.K.A. DrthBrger? He uses a lot of base pieces in his Minimate shots:

UXF 01

This shot I took in the subway:

spideylizard.jpg