UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

C2E2 news thread

I am not lucky enough to have gone but did get this scoop from fellow member Gillbob316:

"The panel was rather uneventful, honestly. It was more or less just Chuck, live, answering all the same questions he does in the Ask DST blogs, lol. Where's Kang? Where's Jubilee? Why haven't you ever made <This Movie>? Why aren't there more DC figures? "We never made DC figures." lol. I was hoping they'd at least show off some new figures, but nope. Nuthin' new.

And as for the Battle Beast, I have no idea if I'm opening him yet, I honestly haven't had time to decide. Knowing me, I probably will though, in the long run. But he is different. He's a dark green alligator with black armor and a chaingun, as opposed to the toy fair one that was light green, with silver armor and a sword. Same sculpt, but different weapon and paintjob."

thanks for the relay on what went down with the panel Gillbob316! the fact that the battle beast is different than the toyfair one should continue to fuel the frenzy around these promos.

Jeff of the Miniacs

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the update, minijeff and Gillbob!

I guess I don't mind the (lack of) news. The only reason I'm disappointed is that I was hoping we'd at least hear something about the rumored

Halo prototypes and Doctor Who revisit

Awww...hell.

This sucks that I'll probably never have a complete Minimate Battle Beast collection if they're making all the limited promos different.

I love Minimates and Battle Beasts and was really looking forward to buying them all (since I know I'll never find all of those insanely rare Laser Beasts at a price I can afford, I wanted a Battle Beast collection I could finally call "complete"), but damn...

Someone who is at the show should go and ask Chuck about the Doctor Who rumors... If it

s back on he tell hte truth and save a lot of rumor angst!

T.

And politley bring up the disappointing Quality Control issues with the Spidey Friends/Foes set. The fact Diamond hasn't commented on this is irritating.

Someone who is at the show should go and ask Chuck about the Doctor Who rumors... If it

s back on he tell hte truth and save a lot of rumor angst!

T.

And politley bring up the disappointing Quality Control issues with the Spidey Friends/Foes set. The fact Diamond hasn't commented on this is irritating.

how hard was it to get the battle beast minimate there? did you just go up and ask? were they stingy with em?

how hard was it to get the battle beast minimate there? did you just go up and ask? were they stingy with em?

From what I understand from my contact there, they were only handing them out one per person. No idea though if there's another time where they'll be handing them out again and anyone can go back.

........ I am on my friends computer so when I get home Sunday I will upload pictures of them and the pirate mates.

Not really interested in pictures of your friends but any pictures of the pirate mates aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrr (Jim lad) welcome. I hope you're enjoying the show. ;)

:D those look great i lov that warthog!!!!!!!!

Wow the warthog looks really cool.

Popculturenetwork posted the panel on youtube:

wheres jubilee?

you sure u dont want kang?

LOLOL

Edited by darkredshdow

Just to clarify...

I eventually did open my Battle Beast, and in contrast to my earlier reports, he's more of a Black on Black, not Dark Green. The plastic wrap made it hard to tell.

He's got a flat dark grey/black reptiley skin, and glossy black armor.

Furthermore, he doesn't have a chaingun, just a large futurey-looking gun.

Sorry for the mixups.

Edited by Gillbob316

Had a great time at C2E2. Getting the Battle Beast was easy. Just get in line, walk up and get one. The AFX deal was pretty sweet. The Iron Man set was free with the purchase of wave 33 or wave 34 or two 4-packs. I have a bunch of pictures and I'll get them loaded up soon.

Yay pictures! A few things of note:

-Dracula has the right head now! It has fangs, they just didn't come through in the picture.

-The in-tray shot of the IM2 2-pack might contain movie spoilers.

-No visor-up helmet for BD War Machine. :(

Check out my pics here!

Any pic requests for the exclusives?

Edited by God Magnus

-Dracula has the right head now! It has fangs, they just didn't come through in the picture.

Check out my pics here!

dont have any pic request but what spoiler are you talking about exactly?

Check out my pics here!

dont have any pic request but what spoiler are you talking about exactly?

Just the fact that

Natalie is wearing the Iron Man gauntlet.

Not sure it's significant, just covering my bases because I didn't want to offend anyone who might be upset by that kind of thing. You know, respectful-like. :)