UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Universal Monsters Minimates

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like 'em, but I'm a little disappointed that the only difference between Frank and Drac in the TRU sets is a different face tampo. And with Frank I still don't see it. I was hoping for a capeless Drac with just his vest on and maybe a glowing Frankenstein (or fuzzy vested version from SON OF...)

Still, I wish these were coming out NOW! :)

Edited by Mystery Man

Some quotes from DST's Facebook page

Diamond Select Toys - "I believe the head in the four-pack has been updated to look like the head in the two-pack."

2 hours ago

Eric Dlugokinski - "Thanks DST! These look awesome. As it has been said above, thanks for keeping the angry villager. I seem to remember a prototype shot where the villager had a torch accessory. Please say it will be included."

25 minutes ago ·

Diamond Select Toys - "It will be included."

Here's a little bit of useless trivia. Maybe some of you noticed, but the angry villager isn't just some generic minimate. He's actually the character of Ludwig from the movie. Who's Ludwig you ask? Why he's the father of poor little Maria (the young girl the monster accidently drowns). I could only find the picture below, but if you watch the movie, you can see his distictive hat and apron. Just thought I'd share. Going back under my rock now.

tmb_3200_480.jpg

Note: The hat looks more accurate to the minimate's when he first appears in the movie.

Here's a little bit of useless trivia. Maybe some of you noticed, but the angry villager isn't just some generic minimate. He's actually the character of Ludwig from the movie. Who's Ludwig you ask? Why he's the father of poor little Maria (the young girl the monster accidently drowns). I could only find the picture below, but if you watch the movie, you can see his distictive hat and apron. Just thought I'd share. Going back under my rock now.

tmb_3200_480.jpg

Note: The hat looks more accurate to the minimate's when he first appears in the movie.

Awesome trivia! The character is actually important, as his news of Maria's death caused the entire village to turn against Frankenstein's Monster.

It's been a while since I've watched Frankenstein, but I don't remember Hugh Jackman being one of the villagers.

Hey Yeah! Wasn't he the Vampire Hunter or something? :tongue:

I am all over that angry villager!

It's cool that the LCS Dracula pack has 2 exclusives (Mina & Renfield), wish they had done that with the Frankenstein set too.

Also, it looks like the facial expression on Dracula is different between the LCS and TRU versions, if the pix are correct.

um_minimates_tru2a1.jpg

I just realized that the angry villager was setting trends way before his time. Who back in 1931 would have guessed that his headwear would inspire one of rap musics greatest celebrities 60 some years later? Coincidence?

ll-cool-j-sts-294-1260550211.jpg

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Eric Dlugokinski - "Thanks DST! These look awesome. As it has been said above, thanks for keeping the angry villager. I seem to remember a prototype shot where the villager had a torch accessory. Please say it will be included."

25 minutes ago ·

Diamond Select Toys - "It will be included."

Yea torches! You get a torch! You get a torch! Everyone is getting a torch!

They never previewed one, but DST confirmed on Facebook that there are no plans for a B&W Bride of Frankenstein.

It's a shame, as that would make a great TRU exclusive replacement for the standard Bride.

that is quite disappointing...i'll have to try to customize an extra Bride to fit in w/ the others. you're right youbastards, it would have been a great way to push the sale of another TRU pack.

Yeah, after seeing that on their Facebook site I'm pretty disappointed that they aren't doing a black and white Bride as well.

There's some thread in the CRISIS board here about "What would take minimates to the next level of awesomeness?"

A no-brainer like a black and white Bride would be a huge start. *sigh*

When I first saw the pictures yesterday, something seemed off about the Bride of Frankenstein and I just figured out what it is, she’s in color. All this talk about a black and white Bride needing to be released has made me realize, I’ve never seen her depicted in anything other than black and white and it’s weird seeing her colorized.

Edited by Santos L Halper

Yeah, after seeing that on their Facebook site I'm pretty disappointed that they aren't doing a black and white Bride as well.

There's some thread in the CRISIS board here about "What would take minimates to the next level of awesomeness?"

A no-brainer like a black and white Bride would be a huge start. *sigh*

Dang. We all must be on the same page. I've only been getting the B&W versions so I'm also bummed with no Bride.

When I first saw the pictures yesterday, something seemed off about the Bride of Frankenstein and I just figured out what it is, she’s in color. All this talk about a black and white Bride needing to be released has made me realize, I’ve never seen her depicted in anything other than black and white and it’s weird seeing her colorized.

I know what you mean. Dracula, Wolf-Man, Frankenstein's Monster, the Creature, and the Mummy have all been redone with later sequels and remakes... where they eventually became colorized. The Bride is isolated to one movie (really one 10 minute scene). While her role is iconic, and a major part of movie history, she has never been redone or updated.

Additionally, while I love the minimate, I always thought her skin was a very pale white, whereas the minimate has a peach tone to it. However, I've never seen any color pictures from the set, so I have no idea what her coloring really entailed.

While her role is iconic, and a major part of movie history, she has never been redone or updated.

Unless you count the Branagh/De Niro remake. Oh...and "The Bride" starring Sting, Jenifer Beals, and Clancy Brown. (not an endorsement of either, but just sayin)

While her role is iconic, and a major part of movie history, she has never been redone or updated.

Unless you count the Branagh/De Niro remake. Oh...and "The Bride" starring Sting, Jenifer Beals, and Clancy Brown. (not an endorsement of either, but just sayin)

That's true, I left those out. In the Branagh/De Niro remake, The Bride (who was actually Victor Frankenstein's Bride) was quite deformed and scarred when she was brought back. I felt it was the most interesting part of the movie.

Edited by Joe Hill