UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Universal Monsters Minimates

Too bad DST had not previously released a female vampire minimate. One could use that head and modify it with the bride of Frankenstein body and dress to make a few brides of Dracula (if one was army building the villager).

There are many talented customizers on this board, maybe one of them can make a few different female vampire decals/stickers for people on this board to use?

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now I'm only a fan of the black and white ones,because as of now I only want the black and white set and the villager,but the villager won't fit in with my b&w Wolfman/creature and frankenstein and Dracula set,So I do hope they release a black and white villager(didn't they have him in a four pack with a bunch of other villagers?)

For those who were able to pick them up, would you be willing to help me with a couple questions?

1) Does The Bride's bandages cover her whole body?

2) Is Dracula's cape attached to his coat/vest?

Thank you!

1) No. the bride's body is blank white.

2) Yes, it's all one piece.

For those who were able to pick them up, would you be willing to help me with a couple questions?

1) Does The Bride's bandages cover her whole body?

2) Is Dracula's cape attached to his coat/vest?

Thank you!

1) No. the bride's body is blank white.

2) Yes, it's all one piece.

Thanks Boyd! Although those were both the answers I didn't want to hear :sad:

I was hoping to use the Bride's body and custom head for a stand-in Mummy Minimate, and use Dracula's cape as a separate piece for another custom. Oh well, time to get creative.

Neither of my local TRUs had these in yet, but one had two cleared pegs near the Universal Monster figures, so I figure they should in stock soon.

I talked to a ToysRus Employee today. She said that Universal Monsters Minimates Series 2 has been released to 3 stores, and the rest of the stock is being shipped to the warehouse next week. After that, it will take 1-2 weeks for them to arrive in most stores. So it looks like it will be about 2-3 more weeks for most people.

I'm not sure how accurate the information is, but I thought I would share.

Really? Only three stores? In that case, you must excuse me, for I have to go put some stuff on eBay... :)

How about some pics of wave 2?

post-66-0-24568300-1315536534_thumb.jpg

Frankenstein's Monster and Dr. Frankenstein. Notice the thick soles on Frank's books, and the subtle bow sculpted on Frank's forehead.

post-66-0-18827900-1315536557_thumb.jpg

Dr. Frankenstein's back - they added sculpted ties to his skirt piece, and a tampo on his back.

post-66-0-12170400-1315536540_thumb.jpg

Dracula and Van Helsing

post-66-0-78741000-1315536567_thumb.jpg

B&W Frankenstein and Dracula

post-66-0-35135300-1315536545_thumb.jpg

Bride of Frankenstein and Villager

post-66-0-89794300-1315536550_thumb.jpg

The Bride is very plain under her clothes.

post-66-0-93783900-1315536562_thumb.jpg

Villager comes with all you see here.

I talked to a ToysRus Employee today. She said that Universal Monsters Minimates Series 2 has been released to 3 stores, and the rest of the stock is being shipped to the warehouse next week. After that, it will take 1-2 weeks for them to arrive in most stores. So it looks like it will be about 2-3 more weeks for most people.

Hmm... so, the "chum in the water" strategy previously deployed on the website, then?

Dirty pool DST, dirty pool.

Question: Which forum member had posted pics of those nifty minimate sized clear plastic coffins? I'm looking to get my hands on one. Could somebody point me in the right direction or ask whomever posted the coffin pics to send me a PM? Thanks in advance.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Well if only 3 stores got them, then the Joplin, MO TRU was one of them becasue I picked these up yesterday. The B&W Dracula and Frankenstein look great along side the B&W Creature and Wolfman, really wish they had done the Bride in B&W though.