UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What are you watching?

minimadman

Did any fans of the UK Office happen to catch last week's US Office? If not, you should at least watch the beginning! :thumbsup:

Ok that was odd in bizzarre parrallel universe sort of way... :)

As for Dr Who, catch season 5, if you like it go back and to the reboot for the 10th doctor. Don't worry about torchwood for now, if you get hooked then that's the time to worry about spinoffs.

T.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't give a crap if any of the other characters live or die....except for Marita Covarrubias...she needs to die soon.

I thought the same thing the first time I saw her! Oh the X-Files were good but Fringe is sooooooo much better. I am loving Fringe! I loved Walking Dead and can't wait for another season. My wife and I just caught up watching all of Modern Family and man that show is hilarious.

Been addicted to My Name is Earl on Netflix right now. I don't know why I like it so much, it's just got....charm.

Saeson 3 will make you want you punch yourself in the eye, but season 4 (the last one) redeems it.

I don't give a crap if any of the other characters live or die....except for Marita Covarrubias...she needs to die soon.

I thought the same thing the first time I saw her! Oh the X-Files were good but Fringe is sooooooo much better. I am loving Fringe! I loved Walking Dead and can't wait for another season. My wife and I just caught up watching all of Modern Family and man that show is hilarious.

Yeah, Fringe is the spiritual successor to X-Files, I just got done telling a boardie that earlier today! :)

I would disagree about it being better...at this point in the show. Anna Torv is just a very boring actress, she's pretty, but Olivia Dunham doesn't have a fraction of the charm of Dana Scully.

Peter and Walter are great, and the true stars of the show. If you are a sci-fi fan and even remotely liked the X-Files, check this show out!

Oh, and Modern Family is the funniest show on TV...hands down. :thumbsup:

Edited by youbastards

I give you the fact that Scully is better than Dunham but over all I would say Fringe is better than X-files (don't misunderstand cause I love the X-files). In X-files Scully and Mulder could never get anyone in the FBI to believe the things that were going on and even Skinner was skeptical most of the time and only supportive half the time. On Fringe you have Broils and the whole department who are completely behind them in all they do and they don't have to spend time convincing the higher ups of what is going on. Walters interactions with everyone and his whole personality make him great and one of the best things about the show! I met the actress that plays Astrid at comic-con in 2009 just minutes after getting my picture with Leonard Nimoy (William Bell himself!)

However, X-Files had that overarching theme of Aliens throughout the series and it seems like Fringe abandoned their version of this with the Pattern early on as they haven't mentioned it all for a good while.

Maybe it is age, but I enjoy Fringe overall more than the X-files.

Saeson 3 will make you want you punch yourself in the eye, but season 4 (the last one) redeems it.

Almost finished with season 2, so I'll see!

After that, I'm going to start Psych as it's on Netflix as well.

Edited by Punisher

I really enjoyed King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters. The guy with the long hair was too awesomely bad to be a fictional villain. Only in the real world :lol:

Edited by karamazov80

it seems like all i do as of now is watch tv :P i have an extensive list of shows, both from netflix and ones that are currently on:

live action:

eureka

my name is earl

30 rock

the office

arrested development

doctor who

lost (im on season 1, its not my cup of tea but its so dam addicting)

community

parks and recreation

modern family

glee (ya im a gleek sue me :P )

primeval(havnt seen the new episodes yet :( )

warehouse 13

smallville

(im sure theres more that im forgetting)

animated:

avengers earths mightiest heroes

clonewars

GI joe renegades (best GIjoe show EVER)

generator rex

wow.....seeing it in writing....i need a life :P

I'm catching up on Mad Men. Then I'll be catching up on Fringe. My tv viewing has really tapered off. Portlandia has been good, but otherwise I haven't tuned in to anything new. I still miss BSG and Lost.

My new favorite TV character is Bob Oedenkirk's Saul:

Now THAT's the kind of attorney I want to be.

Weird seeing the King of Kong talk show up here. I just pulled that out of my 'Too Watch' pile on Wednesday. (Saw it when originally released to theaters too.) My opinion of Billy Mitchell didn't really change over the course of the film. He seemed like a smarmy git from the beginning. What did change my mind were the additional footage and extended interviews on the DVD. He's still a smarmy git, but just not as much as I originally thought. :)

There's more than an hour and a half of extra material and it's worth watching. Well, listening to anyway, it's almost all talking heads. However, there's a feature where they show portions of both players' million point games synchronized side-by-side. I've never been a fan of watching other people play video games, but I was disappointed when this feature ended.

Haven't listened to either of the two commentary tracks yet. They'll be good background material while I'm editing photos.

Donkey Kong kill screen coming up if you're interested...

I've recently discovered 2 British shows that I enjoy quite a bit. The first is An Idiot Abroad (comes on the Science Channel here) and the other is Top Gear (comes on BBC America).

I'm guessing Top Gear is really popular in the UK, since they get such big celebrities on there. I don't even care about cars much, but those three guys are really entertaining.

Got Justified on DVD and have been watching it off and on as well. I think I've already said so in this thread, but it is a terrific show.

UK members: Starting Monday on ITV4 with episode 1 & showing subsequent episodes every day (I think?) .............

Batman ...the TV Series :ohmy: Holy socks!!!

There may be some of you guys that may never have seen this show ,some may not even want to but you'll be missing something that I feel is quite special....watch it & enjoy :yes: Dark Knight this ain't but it's mesmerisingly brilliant.

Cool that this show is making the rounds again BHM. They are showing it on the Hub here in the states. Unfortunately my dvr screwed up and stopped recording them in order. Really wish we'd see this remastered and put out on dvd/bd. I just wrapped up Spartacus: Blood and Sand and that is a really well made show. Watching this made me really start looking forward to when Torchwood comes to Starz. I just hope that like Spartacus, it pops up on Netflix too. Other than that, just watching comedies at this point. Not a lot of time to invest in the hour shows at the moment. I'm thinking I'll catch up with everything once it his Netflix.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Treme,whether it is at all accurate or not,is a fascinating insight for a Brit like me who had little or no knowledge of recent New Orleans history & culture. I like music although I'm not a fanatic but I have grown to love the jazz that they play in this show,it is irresistible. I'm writing this in response to Episode 9 (S1) which I have just watched . John Goodman,who plays the character Creighton in this show, is not my favourite actor by a long chalk & I struggled to relate to him in the early episodes but all of that has changed . Although the events in this episode were totally predictable I found them harrowing & I can't think of a TV moment that has affected me so much in a very long time. I didn't need a script to see what was coming but when it did I was saddened & sickened.How the aftermath will be dealt with is something that Creighton definitely should have considered & I look forward to the final episode to see how the writers deal with it as well.

Great show? Perhaps not... but very very good.

We gave up our huge cable bill and went down to basic cable. My only complaint is that now I tend to forget that shows are on because I'm watching so much Netflix these days :lol: Of course Archer had just gotten our attention when we shut it all down. Good thing Netflix has the first season. I cannot wait for Season 2 to hit :D