UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man 2 Army Builder Dump Minimates

fwoosheyman

What What WHAT????

I thought that ASK DST specifically said there were no plans for single release army builders?

Well - this IS a pleasant surprise! Here's hoping we get more of them for some of the pervious Army Builders like the Hellfire Goons or Hydra Agents.

I'm guessing it will all Iron Man/War Machine variants with the one exclusive character being obscure and only one per case.

Maybe the Hammer drone will be in it as well. However, since that is the army builder for the two packs it would seem doubtful.

I agree with fwooshey. Something like this seems reasonable:

2x Iron Man Mk Whatever

3x War Machine

2x BD Iron Man Mk Whatever (would SOOO fit better in this packout than taking up Box Set spots)

2x BD War Machine (same reason as Iron Man)

1x Justin Hammer

2x Hammer Drone Army Builder

Keep the BDs in this packout an we can get more wide-released new characters, and make Justin Hammer a One-per-case becasue he really is just a man in a suit; good for completionists, GREAT for fans of the movie, excellent because he isn't visually appealing.

DST said no army-builder single-sets, so obviously there's gonna be at most 2 or the Drones. I'd love for there to be more, and it is beyond fantastic to see DST testing the waters for Marvel, but i don't think they are too convinced yet. Here's hoping i'm wrong, though. :blush:

Oh my.

On the one hand, this would be an interesting experiment. On the other hand, I worry that I might not even be able to get my hands on these; the local Iron Man fanboys discovering a case of these babies would be like sharks smelling blood in the water <_<

Seems to me though that packing these cases with extra IM/WM armors sorta negates the point of the army-builder concept in the first place: following the BSG/Terminator template, these should include an army-builder, a battle-damaged variant of an army-builder, and *something else*. Would be hilarious if we somehow got minimates of the Iron Maiden dancers :lol:

What What WHAT????

I thought that ASK DST specifically said there were no plans for single release army builders?

Maybe it's because DST technically considers the Iron Man 2 license as separate from the main Marvel one?

I'm guessing it will all Iron Man/War Machine variants with the one exclusive character being obscure and only one per case.

Maybe the Hammer drone will be in it as well. However, since that is the army builder for the two packs it would seem doubtful.

I agree with fwooshey. Something like this seems reasonable:

2x Iron Man Mk Whatever

3x War Machine

2x BD Iron Man Mk Whatever (would SOOO fit better in this packout than taking up Box Set spots)

2x BD War Machine (same reason as Iron Man)

1x Justin Hammer

2x Hammer Drone Army Builder

I think you are on the right street but the wrong direction. Single packs are for army building and that many repeats of the main armors would kill that. I am guessing more like:

one exclusive character and five more unique single-packed Minimates

1x Justin Hammer (exclusive)

3x Hammer Drone Army Builder (Redeco)

2x Hammer Drone Heavy Artillery

2x BD Hammer Drone Army Builder

2x BD Hammer Drone Heavy Artillery

2x Hammer Drone some other variation

This keeps it similar to the way that the other single packs have been. And follows with the "more unique parts than ever before". They really are going all out for this movie.

Well the first IM movie wave sold out completely, so it makes sense to test marvel single-packs on the IM2 minimates. I think its a great idea, and I am guessing the line-up will be somewhere in between what Twisted and vbpanizzi posted - some IM variations and some Hammer Drone variations. These will be solicited in Previews next month - I wonder if we will get a picture?

I am guessing they will have what is written on BBTS's page verbatim with just the same image. They (BBTS) are not known for their flowery descriptions.

You are right. I just checked the text-only version of Previews (the only version available at the moment), and it has that description word-for-word. So I can't imagine DST adding an image, when they won't even say what the characters are yet in the description. We will probably have to wait for Toy Fair.

My guess would be the "Titanium Men" being battle damaged and so on and so forth. That's the only thing that makes sense. I don't think there are any other "Army builders" in the Iron Man universe.

My guess would be the "Titanium Men" being battle damaged and so on and so forth. That's the only thing that makes sense. I don't think there are any other "Army builders" in the Iron Man universe.

Mandroids. :yes:

I see i'm not the only one who wants these to be called "Titanium Men." :P Not by name, but maybe "made from the strongest, most durable Titanium alloys in the world." ;)

I just don't think they'll be doing an all-Hammer Drone packout here...they won't lose a place for another Iron Man, and they already fucked up with Rhodie's placement once. I'm sure we'll see at least 2 per case of each. They may test the waters with more Drone Variations, but i am just not sure.

Oh, and we can say Hammer Drone now?? :lol:

the only way i get excited about this set (or what ever) is if they include 616 guys, but if its movie IM I'll pass.

Also did you all see the price for this like $50 dollars. Seems kinda high to me.

The price has always been $50 for single packs; they come in a case of 12 packs, $4.99-5.99 at retail. 5x12=60. Seems like a steal to me, for $10 less.

For that price, they better be hard core. Those Hammer drones look cool though. I am very curious to see what will come in that set. <_<

The retail price for a 2-pack is roughly $7, which equates to $3.50 per Minimate. If you get full sets of 4 2-packs from an e-tailer, they usually run about $25, or a little over $3 per Minimate. This set has 12 single packs for $50, which is a little over $4 per Minimate. Roughly the same as 4 packs that go for around $16. Not drastically different than what you would be paying for other Minimates, but yeah, it is a bit high.

Edited by karamazov80

The retail price for a 2-pack is roughly $7, which equates to $3.50 per Minimate. If you get full sets of 4 2-packs from an e-tailer, they usually run about $25, or a little over $3 per Minimate. This set has 12 single packs for $50, which is a little over $4 per Minimate. Roughly the same as 4 packs that go for around $16. Not drastically different than what you would be paying for other Minimates, but yeah, it is a bit high.

Yeah, I've noticed that before and it always stopped me from pulling the trigger.

the only way i get excited about this set (or what ever) is if they include 616 guys, but if its movie IM I'll pass.

Also did you all see the price for this like $50 dollars. Seems kinda high to me.

The price has always been $50 for single packs; they come in a case of 12 packs, $4.99-5.99 at retail. 5x12=60. Seems like a steal to me, for $10 less.

My bad I thought that was for a 2-pack not a case of 2-packs. Then I would agree with you

I REALLY hope this works, as so far a few of the army builders have been packed with characters I don't care for. I'd love a Skrull and like Multiple Man (despite not reading X-Factor. need to do that) but I've never cared for Sabertooth as a character (maybe the Exiles one) and have no interest in either of the X-Men boxsets that are out now. Now a days I prefer to focus on just the characters that interest me, so I'd rather not spend the money on effectively one minimate.

My bad I thought that was for a 2-pack not a case of 2-packs. Then I would agree with you

Not 2 packs single packed figures like the cylons or terminator single pack boxes.

T.

• 3 weeks later...