UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man II Movie Minimates General Discussion

rx78jj

P.S. How do u get brown for orange on Whiplash......how?

Well the Kubricks did it too, so it makes me think that when the concepts and the costumes first came up for Iron Man 2, Whiplash was wearing brown. And then they decided to change it to orange before the toymakers could do anything about it.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, now I feel like a total dunce. :P

As BHM said, don't I missed that announcement too!

I guess I have to go stalk the local TRU again for weeks after these start to show up, I hate they are so varied with their release schedules from store to store.

T.

P.S. How do u get brown for orange on Whiplash......how?

Apparently it has something to do with the actual Monaco racetrack pitcrew jumpsuit. They were not allowed to reproduce that color orange in the merchandise for some reason. ???

The little figures that came with the Slurpee straws at 7-11 were orange.

To get this thread back on minimates a bit (LOL YEA RIGHT!)

DST/AA/AFX/TRU/LTS/GOD! can we please have some IM2 minimate exclusives for this Click Me..But You May Need Some Tissues!

NO THANKS! I don't wan't them square & blocky. I like them just the way they are- round & curvy! :wub:

The Ironettes were easily the best part of the movie! Thanks, MF UK!

You want an exclusive? THAT is how you do an exclusive!

I'm sure DST are are trying to fit an Ironette into the lineup even as we speak. As TM2 says, they would make an ideal exclusive!

Surely if they came with different hair pieces, they could be the army builder for wave 38, aka the second IM2 wave (that I just thought up on the spot, but hey, if Spidey 3 can have two waves why not) ;)

Edited by pawcanada

Just having a gripe here - but SM3 was such a waste of 2 lines. For a film that mediocre to tale up2 complete waves, when it could probably have been pared down to 1 wave:

SpiderMan

SpiderMan Black

Venom

New Goblin

Sandman (Sandform)

Mary Jane

Gwen Stacey

If they REALLY wanted - they could have added a added an exclusive 2-pack of Transformation Peter & Human form Sandman. . .

EDIT: Back on track: I'm hoping to get my delivery from Luke’s this week which will include a Happy Hogan, Hammer Drone & Justin Hammer. WOOT!

With the Hammer Drone appearing in the dump bin, i'd like to add my support for the Army Builder of the wave to have been the Ironettes!

Edited by Nessex

has anyone else noticed the errors on the IM2 packaging?

They used a picture of the Iron Man Mark II from IM1 on the IM2 packaging

and

The basic hammer drone is pictured with a hammer logo above the chest but its not actually printed on the mate.

if this has been posted already I appoligize.

ironman_mm_pkg_back.jpg

ironman2_borders_exc_back.jpg

Edited by Ninja Mate

has anyone else noticed the errors on the IM2 packaging?

They used a picture of the Iron Man Mark II from IM1 on the IM2 packaging

and

The basic hammer drone is pictured with a hammer logo above the chest but its not actually printed on the mate.

if this has been posted already I appoligize.

I actually hadn't noticed.

I imagine the first is due to the way they pull pictures for the packaging. We've seen in the past where they yanked someone's Spider-Woman custom for the packaging art of the official release, so its all in who was compiling the images and how well they were paying attention.

As for the second, you can probably chalk that one up to prototype versus final release version.

Actually, I'm more concerned about this image:

ironman_tru2_rhodes.jpg

According to the single packs the dark gray drone with the pointy shoulder bits is the Sea Assault Drone not the Air Assault Drone listed on the the new TRU pack. (Although the pointy bits do remind of the missiles on fighter jets.)

I don't know which is "right" so I don't know how best to represent it in the DB. Calgon take me away!

Ivan:

Are you the Minimates Database guy?

I would be absolutely lost without it. It's awesome.

Re the new TRU IM Exclusives. Are they even in stores yet? I've been checking the TRU website pretty regularly, and I have not seen them.

Dean Isaacs

We've seen in the past where they yanked someone's Spider-Woman custom for the packaging art of the official release, so its all in who was compiling the images and how well they were paying attention

Woah, really? Which Spider-Woman was this?

We've seen in the past where they yanked someone's Spider-Woman custom for the packaging art of the official release, so its all in who was compiling the images and how well they were paying attention

Woah, really? Which Spider-Woman was this?

It was my Spider-Woman custom. Check out the original thread for the whole story.

DST messed up with the Drone names. After the movie was released we received the real drone names as Sam rockwell presented them.

I'm guessing their legal department advised them against it, and that Army, Navy, Air Force and Marines would have had to be licensed names.

DST messed up with the Drone names. After the movie was released we received the real drone names as Sam rockwell presented them.

I'm guessing their legal department advised them against it, and that Army, Navy, Air Force and Marines would have had to be licensed names.

Are you actually being serious??

In TRU wave 2, the questioner asked "Is there going to be an Iron man Wave 2 at TRU? will Whiplash be in it?" and the response they got was "Yes IM2 wave 2, but we didn't get reference for Whiplash in time for him to be in that wave"

We already knew that much: We've seen package shots of TRU wave 2 and we know the exclusives are Mark 6 and Suit Rhodey with the drones. That answer actually explained why Whiplash Mk2 wasn't included in that wave, it was not a definitive no (unless your hopes were Whiplash Mk2 was a secret 5th pack in the second wave, then it was a definitive no.)

I'm better closer to DVD release (they said TRU wave 2 will be 'out shortly' I'm betting it's a summer release and not tied to the DVD like Wolverine Wave 2) we see a "Final Battle" Box set or another TRU wave or maybe an exclusive 2 pack or something Final Battle Whiplash, it would be crazy to assume, given how much they've milked Iron Man 2 for already, they wouldn't figure out some way to milk it just a little more to get out the one last character everyone wants.

...so while a better answer would have been "he's not in TRU wave 2 but you can get Final Battle Whiplash in this set/series:____" I'm going to remain painfully optimistic we're getting one later until they answer a question with "our Iron Man 2 license has closed, STOP ASKING!"

Appreciate the respone dr. Baghad but properly cite next time. The response was "DSTChuck: YES TRU should be getting a new refresh of product with new figures in any time now. Sorry we did not have enough refrence in time to make the final Battle Minimates." not "Yes IM2 wave 2, but we didn't get reference for Whiplash in time for him to be in that wave". That last word "wave" changes a lot, since the original and correct response did not mention another wave I am still struck with sadness that Mk2 whiplash won't b mde

Appreciate the respone dr. Baghad but properly cite next time. The response was "DSTChuck: YES TRU should be getting a new refresh of product with new figures in any time now. Sorry we did not have enough refrence in time to make the final Battle Minimates." not "Yes IM2 wave 2, but we didn't get reference for Whiplash in time for him to be in that wave". That last word "wave" changes a lot, since the original and correct response did not mention another wave I am still struck with sadness that Mk2 whiplash won't b mde

Context of the quote is important, so if sighting the actual source is that important keep in mind the question was: "Hi, compliments on what you’ve done with the Iron Man 2 Minimates. Since there will be a second TRU series for them, will it feature a final battle Whiplash?"

Paraphrased: Is Final Whiplash in TRU wave 2?

NOT: Is Final Whiplash coming out?

Yeah out of context "we didn't get reference in time" can be VERY bad, but in the context of being asked "Is he in wave 2?" it's a valid explanation as to why we got suit Rhodey in his place. Granted it's the last known wave of Iron Man 2 products, but that doesn't mean it's the last Iron Man 2 products EVER.

It'd be like reading there response of "We've shown all our Ghostbusters products for 2010 already" (I'm sorry: "DSTChuck: I think at this point we’ve showed fans all we have planned for 2010, so well have to see what we want to do next year before I can comment on the variations you thought of. ") as "welp, we're done with Ghostbusters, walking away now!" (which is probably how someone read it, much like how last year everyone thought the line was dead going into 2010, it'll be 'dead' going into 2011 until we're flooded with Peter variants and crazy ghost and then it'll be dead headed into 2012...)