UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Series 34 images...

battlecat

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure she was initially intended to be a woman in her late 40's. The white 'skunk' stripe was meant to be greying at her temples to indicate her age, but was misinterpreted by the artist drawing the books at the time.

What makes you think that? Ive never heard this theory before. I don't think Ive ever seen "older women" depicted in comics as having a stripe of gray heir either.

I think that Nessex is referring to the greyness of older characters like Reed Richards....check out his Minimate form & his hair

Except all the text in those early apearances reffer to her as a "young woman", which they never did/do for "older women" like Mystique. I think it's more likely they were going for a "punk" look, considering the late 70's / early 80's time frame.

Given how much Chris Claremont likes to talk about himself, I'm sure that there's an interveiw somewhere where he explains exactly what he was thinking with the stripe.

As for the final three, I'm thinking Jean Grey, Brown Wolverine, the variant escapes me though. If I could pick, I'd want a Dark Beast, but I'm not sure who they'll end up throwing in. Maybe Morph, haha.

Oooooh - despite never really appearing in the comics. . . it'd be kind of an awesome nod to the cartoon if they made Morph. He could be a Variant to the cyclops figure i suppose.

Dark Beast would also rock my world!

I'm pretty sure she was initially intended to be a woman in her late 40's. The white 'skunk' stripe was meant to be greying at her temples to indicate her age, but was misinterpreted by the artist drawing the books at the time.

What makes you think that? Ive never heard this theory before. I don't think Ive ever seen "older women" depicted in comics as having a stripe of gray heir either.

I think that Nessex is referring to the greyness of older characters like Reed Richards....check out his Minimate form & his hair

Except all the text in those early apearances reffer to her as a "young woman", which they never did/do for "older women" like Mystique. I think it's more likely they were going for a "punk" look, considering the late 70's / early 80's time frame.

Given how much Chris Claremont likes to talk about himself, I'm sure that there's an interveiw somewhere where he explains exactly what he was thinking with the stripe.

I can't remember where exactly i read the information - but it sounded to me like the writer had intended her to be a middle-aged woman & that miscommunication between he & the artist resulted in white spot being a single spot rather than greying at her temples. I don't think she was ever ACTUALLY written as a mid 40's woman.

So - i'm not talking about actual continuity here, just about the original intentions for the character before she went to print.

Edited by Nessex

I agree that brown Wolverine is a lock and Jean will more than likely be part of the wave as well as a variant, but shouldn't there be a significant villain in this wave? Hellfire goon is okay, but surely Mr. Sinister would make the ideal "new" minimate villain for this series. Am I wrong?

I know older guys often have the gray temples in comics. I've just never seen that look on a female character. I think it makes much more sense that they were going for a "punk" looking character not an old lady. Although I agree she was not drawn particularly attractive in her Brotherhood days. It was not until after she joined the X-Men that she started getting good looking.

Whew!! That was close; i am beyond happy to see Hellfire Club Goons!!!!!!!!!!!! This is turning out to be my favorite wave in a while. Well, besides the Rachel/Sentinel Wave, that is. :P They look okay to me, but i like Matt's little hint. Perhaps a big arsenal and some add-ons?? Or maybe that give me something awesome?? Like:

90s Jeanie

Omega Red

Variant: Black Queen

At this point there is no way Jeanie isn't the Variant. I mean, even though they've thrown army builders around randomly in the past, these are Hellfire Goons. They have a huge role in 90s X-men history, and were featured in one of Jeanie's most key, important roles. It just makes sense to include The Black Queen with her. That is, unless we get another new Emma, but i'd rather get an update of her in a wave with the rest of the Club, so we can actually be assured of getting all of the others Kings and Queens.

I gotta say, i'm not exactly psyched with Jeanie as the possilbe variant though. Don't get me wrong; the greatest comic-book characters of all time deserves her rightful place in Minimate ranks, and with a wardrobe like hers there are about 50 costumes DST could give us, so it's reasonable to have a lot, but i just wish she would come later in my proposed Hellfire Wave. Hell, i'd settle for a TRU exclusive!!!

Actually, that woul be a GREAT release for the TRU version iof this wave:

TRU 2-packs:

Banshee/Sunfire

Black Queen/White Queen

I'd never give up Minimates EVER if that happened, and would love DST forever and ever and ever. :lol:

Not sure if Matt's comment means that it'll be better than it looks there, or simply that we've got more exciting reveals on the way. Maybe it'll come with alternate pieces to turn it into Hellfire Guard Cannonball. ;)

Colours look a bit off to me there too - hoping that there's just a bit of an issue with some of the colour on these photos. I too would welcome a slip-on mask for this mate, and hope there's a printed belt so we can lose the separate piece.

Further to my earlier comments on Beast, it occured to me that any powerhouse chest for him should not only be shorter and slimmer, but it should also be free from movement-restricting shoulderguards. Otherwise, how can poor Beast swing through the trees, scale walls or dangle from lampposts?

As for the guessing game... I really don't want any zombies (unless they're Rob Zombies :tongue:), but I think someone's already guessed what I was going to go for anyway. So, just for fun, I'll guess at Jim Lee Jean, Black Queen Jean, and Jubilee. (Omega Red and Sinister remain strong candidates for that last spot though, and I suppose we should consider Sebastian Shaw and other Hellfire Club Inner Circle members now too.) I'd also be very surprised if we didn't see a Dark Beast somewhere along the line, even if not in this wave.

At this point there is no way Jeanie isn't the Variant. I mean, even though they've thrown army builders around randomly in the past, these are Hellfire Goons. They have a huge role in 90s X-men history, and were featured in one of Jeanie's most key, important roles.

Um, the Phoenix Saga (featuring Hellfire Goons) wasn't in the 90's. It was late 70's and into 1980. In fact, I can't even think of a time in the 90's where the hellfire Club and it's soilders where really featured (someone else can correct me if I'm wrong).

I'm not convinced that Jean Grey is the variant just yet. I'd love this to be a wave where the varaint is a totally different character. I doubt it'll happen, but I can hope.

Whew!! That was close; i am beyond happy to see Hellfire Club Goons!!!!!!!!!!!! This is turning out to be my favorite wave in a while. Well, besides the Rachel/Sentinel Wave, that is. :P They look okay to me, but i like Matt's little hint. Perhaps a big arsenal and some add-ons?? Or maybe that give me something awesome?? Like:

90s Jeanie

Omega Red

Variant: Black Queen

At this point there is no way Jeanie isn't the Variant. I mean, even though they've thrown army builders around randomly in the past, these are Hellfire Goons. They have a huge role in 90s X-men history, and were featured in one of Jeanie's most key, important roles. It just makes sense to include The Black Queen with her. That is, unless we get another new Emma, but i'd rather get an update of her in a wave with the rest of the Club, so we can actually be assured of getting all of the others Kings and Queens.

I gotta say, i'm not exactly psyched with Jeanie as the possilbe variant though. Don't get me wrong; the greatest comic-book characters of all time deserves her rightful place in Minimate ranks, and with a wardrobe like hers there are about 50 costumes DST could give us, so it's reasonable to have a lot, but i just wish she would come later in my proposed Hellfire Wave. Hell, i'd settle for a TRU exclusive!!!

Actually, that woul be a GREAT release for the TRU version iof this wave:

TRU 2-packs:

Banshee/Sunfire

Black Queen/White Queen

I'd never give up Minimates EVER if that happened, and would love DST forever and ever and ever. :lol:

What?!?! I'd rather Jean be the variant because the more Jeanne, the sooner the better. If she can come out now, why wait for some other wave.

I could make do without an updated Hellfire Emma though. Nothing's wrong with the current one.

90s Jean

Omega Red

Variant Black Queen

Tru Exclusives to compliment this wave:

Classic Green skirt Marvel Girl/Banshee (Giant Sized X-Men)

Hooded Rogue/Sunfire (They've battled on several occasions)

Spiral/Reaver (She worked with the Reavers)

At this point there is no way Jeanie isn't the Variant. I mean, even though they've thrown army builders around randomly in the past, these are Hellfire Goons. They have a huge role in 90s X-men history, and were featured in one of Jeanie's most key, important roles.

Um, the Phoenix Saga (featuring Hellfire Goons) wasn't in the 90's. It was late 70's and into 1980. In fact, I can't even think of a time in the 90's where the hellfire Club and it's soilders where really featured (someone else can correct me if I'm wrong).

You're right about them being more prominent in the 80s, but their inclusion in this wave just shows it's an X-Men wave, not necessarily 90's only characters. Sure the majority of the wave is 90's, but it seems to have some 80's sprinkled in too.

Hmm...maybe instead of Omega Red, it will be Mr. Sinister as he's predominantly 80's (Inferno + X-Factor)

Here's the wave:

Cyclops + Mr. Sinister

Rogue + Beast

Jean Grey + Hellfire Club Goon

Variant:

Jean Black Queen + Hellfire Club Goon

Edited by Chronotrigger

I'm not convinced that Jean Grey is the variant just yet. I'd love this to be a wave where the varaint is a totally different character. I doubt it'll happen, but I can hope.

Holy fuck!! You're right...dammit, I SHOULD KNOW THAT!! :blink::( I have no clue why i said 90s...the only thing can i think of is the cartoon...jeez, that sucks...oh well...good episode... :blush:

And Chrono, believe you me, besides you and Nessex i am the most prominent Jeanie lover of this board. She's been my favorite character since i first knew of the X-men, and VERY quickly moved into my favorite comic character slot, staying there all the way up until now (oh, btw; she might be coming back in SEIGE. ;) *squeal*). I just hate it when my favorite character becomes Wolverine, in this sense. She (and Scott, another favorite of mine. Screw Logan; i hope he dies in a ditch) is being so over-exposed right now it's not even funny. I love me some Jeanie, but four versions of her in a one-year span, AND two versions of Rachel is just too much. I DO want all of my Jeanie costumes EVENTUALLY, and will assemble some sort of mega-display when we get them, but all at once just ruins the fun of waiting and wanting. I like to have time to pick a favorite version, and getting so many great costumes she's worn within months just isn't fun at all. :confused:

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

Holy fuck!! You're right...dammit, I SHOULD KNOW THAT!! :blink::( I have no clue why i said 90s...the only thing can i think of is the cartoon...jeez, that sucks...oh well...good episode... :blush:

And Chrono, believe you me, besides you and Nessex i am the most prominent Jeanie lover of this board. She's been my favorite character since i first knew of the X-men, and VERY quickly moved into my favorite comic character slot, staying there all the way up until now (oh, btw; she might be coming back in SEIGE. ;) *squeal*). I just hate it when my favorite character becomes Wolverine, in this sense. She (and Scott, another favorite of mine. Screw Logan; i hope he dies in a ditch) is being so over-exposed right now it's not even funny. I love me some Jeanie, but four versions of her in a one-year span, AND two versions of Rachel is just too much. I DO want all of my Jeanie costumes EVENTUALLY, and will assemble some sort of mega-display when we get them, but all at once just ruins the fun of waiting and wanting. I like to have time to pick a favorite version, and getting so many great costumes she's worn within months just isn't fun at all. :confused:

I see what you're saying. You don't want to blow all her costumes in one load. (impossible, she has so many good ones left even after this). Though I guess I'm a little different and like the instant gratification. haha. oooo, you think if

Black Queen is the variant she'll come with a phoenix base like the one used for Rachel? I could use a lot of those, but I don't like Rachel enough to buy the set just for the base.

Also where did you hear Jean may be coming back in Siege? I haven't kept up with the books lately.

Holy f@#$!! You're right...dammit, I SHOULD KNOW THAT!! :blink::( I have no clue why i said 90s...the only thing can i think of is the cartoon...jeez, that sucks...oh well...good episode... :blush:

It looks to me like this wave is entirely based on the cartoon. That Beast looks much more like the animated version than the Jim Lee version (the face is way too cartoony). If that's that case, then we just may see an animated Jean Grey and a Black Queen variant. Fits with the rest of the set.

if it is based of the cartoon and thats what its looking like to me i wouldnt be suprised to se morph especially sinse matt told everyone to guess and how many are going to throw morph into there answere but im just playing the guessing game with my excitement

What I hope the 3 are:

Mohawk Storm

Mr. Sinister

Sebastian Shaw (chase)

(If I recall correctly the cartoon had an episode with a future Storm that had a mohawk, this would be a perfect time to release the mohawk storm, which should have been made for the Secret Wars Set!)

What I think it will be:

Brown Wolverine

90's Jean Grey

Black Queen Jean Grey (chase)

Edited by mtd20_2000

Yaknow... technically those who want Morph are getting him. Aren't all these guys in a way Morph? I mean, if Morph can be anybody, who's to say one of these minimates is not Morph in disguise? My vote goes to the new Cyclops...

Edited by Trekker 42

(If I recall correctly the cartoon had an episode with a future Storm that had a mohawk, this would be a perfect time to release the mohawk storm, which should have been made for the Secret Wars Set!)

You recall correctly. It was, in fact, a story that ran across 2 episodes called 'One Mans Worth'. It was sort of an 'Age of Apocalypse' rip off, but instead of Legion killing Xavier - it was Fizroy & America was ruled by Mastermold & his sentinels instead of Apocalypse. Storm & Wolverine were lovers in the episode and there were some background cameos from AOA characters like Holocaust, Sabretooth & Wildchild etc . . .

post-2737-1257860813_thumb.jpg