UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Battle Beasts Minimates

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Two questions.

1.Has anyone here purchased the BB tpb? I can't seem to find any pictures of it.

2.Is there a complete list of the comic book variant covers somewhere? I'm trying to complete things with some recently received Christmas wealth but can't seem to find out if there are ones I don't have.

Also...just got the two promo merks...woo!

Two questions.

1.Has anyone here purchased the BB tpb? I can't seem to find any pictures of it.

I have not, nor have I seen the tpb either.

2.Is there a complete list of the comic book variant covers somewhere? I'm trying to complete things with some recently received Christmas wealth but can't seem to find out if there are ones I don't have.

There was a list posted somewhere on the boards, but I do not recall where/what thread. From memory:

Issue 1

Regular

10 (or 25) count order variant

Luke's Toy Store variant

Another online comic shop variant

*I may be missing one here*

Issue 2

Regular

Issue 3

Regular

Issue 4

Regular

Also...just got the two promo merks...woo!

Awesome! Congrats. :yes:

• 2 weeks later...

Are we expecting series 2 of the comic to be announced soon? Dates on wave 2? Toy Fair?

We haven't heard anything, nor are we expecting any annoucements soon. But Zach did say that they still have something planned for the line. So hopefully we hear something. We already saw Wave 2 back at SDCC. I would love to hear about when and where we could purchase some wave two. I want that bear and shark.

I think we'll have news on Series 2 of the toys soon, comics I don't know.

Onyx forgot the SDCC variant of issue 1, and the Jetpack comics variant. TPB is the Brereton cover.

Thank you! I think I've completed the variants but still making sure.

From what I can tell, the Jetpack comics variant is the same as the #comicsmarket one

Edited by fatcow

Onyx forgot the SDCC variant of issue 1, and the Jetpack comics variant. TPB is the Brereton cover.

That's great to hear! I am really looking forward to some new Battle Beasts. You guys had some really great sculpts for wave 2. And some nice concepts saved for wave 3. I would hate for those to go to unused.

From what I can tell, the Jetpack comics variant is the same as the #comicsmarket one

Yes, that is correct.

The variants for 2-4 form a triptych that's pretty sweet.

Shooting Series 2 now for the 2014 catalog...

Yes, that is correct.

The variants for 2-4 form a triptych that's pretty sweet.

Shooting Series 2 now for the 2014 catalog...

You're teasing me! I want to see more pics. I couldn't see anything close up from the SDCC stuff.

Edited by delta chameleon

• 1 month later...

I am sure this has been talked about somewhere else on the board, but on the most recent DST Q&A, there was a question about Battle Beasts. Chuck said that wave 2 of Battle Beasts will be coming out this summer! So at least we have more of a solid time period, and confirmation that they will be releasing in some form. From the Q&A, it also didn't seem like TRU was definitely out. It seems like they still might be trying to work that out. I wonder if that is one of the things that has delayed wave 2 a bit, that they are trying to get it back into TRU.

Anyways, great to see some sort of word about the future of Battle Beasts. I'm sure that Zach can't answer anything definitively, but I wonder if there is going to be anything about wave 2 Battle Beasts at C2E2. If they are releasing in summer, that would be the big convention that would make the most sense to drum up excitement and support for the line. Maybe they will have the wave on display.

Either way, I'm happy to hear some positive news.

I can't imagine that DST will give up on BB that easily, since they've really invested a lot in them. TRU passing on a second wave was a blow, and a bit of a surprise, since it seems like they did pretty well there. I'm really looking forward to a second wave.

I think they did well enough to justify another wave, myself. The TRUs I visit regularly all stocked them, and I believe all but one sold through quickly (and that one, I think, got in a second case, and has 3-4 sets hanging around). I think TRU simply isn't interested in carrying original Minimate properties. Shame, since I don't think any have been poor sellers.

I don't know if we'll have BB2 on display at C2E2 (I'll push for it) or if they'll be out in public at NYTF, but I believe we're soliciting them in Previewsnext week. Not trying to scare anybody, but this isn't a situation where you should expect that your local comic shop will necessarily get them in, so pre-order them -- there's always a chance orders will come in so low that we have to consider sell-through.

The TRU assortment was definitely rarer than most TRU waves, not sure if it's rarer than the specialty wave, though. Just sold out of specialty assortments recently, so look for more of those sets to hit the market soon.

Me...I love how good these look. Giraffe, is my favorite of the group. I've wanted to make a classic Anubis figure since the one charitymates auction, so that Anubis head is my favorite part in the whole group. I think as a groupd these are way better looking than series one, which may have been a bit too ambitious with the complexity of some of the newer parts, especially for the scorpion and spider. This series has more of the charm that makes minimates great!