UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

AFX's 4th SDCC '09 Exclusive - can you guess what it is?

Jad

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grrrrr!

That's SUCH a tease . . .

I'm drawing a blank.

Squirrel Girl?

It doesn't *look* like the original Thunderbolts line-up, which is kind of what i was expecting when the announcement was first made.

Edited by Nessex

Maybe the

2nd Thunderbolts

line-up?

There's a spikey looking guy - so

Penence

?

Guy on the left with the gloves, hood & protrusion from the left shoulder -

Radioactive Man

?

Edited by Nessex

Maybe the 2nd Thunderbolts line-up?

There's a spikey looking guy - so Penence?

I'm guessing Penance aswell.

Maybe Swordsman?

After looking at marvel's website for the Dark Avengers (which is not approved yet) and Wiki, I am stumped. The more I look at it it seems that this sillouet might actually be the Dark Avengers. My reason is:

- the figure on the left looks like an Iron Man/Captian America mix

- the center bottom reminds me of a wolvie with some kind of jacket on

When does the next clue come out?

please be soon!

Good-sounding guesses...

Does Penance's current look have hair?

After looking at marvel's website for the Dark Avengers (which is not approved yet) and Wiki, I am stumped. The more I look at it it seems that this sillouet might actually be the Dark Avengers. My reason is:

please be soon!

Nah, a second DA set? Since when does DST release the same team twice? ;)

I think Nessex is right and it's a Thunderbolts set.

The figure with the hood, gloves and thing over his shoulder is Radioactive man, the figure with the spikey head is Penance, the figure with the power chest is Gargan Venom and the figure in the front is Swordsman.

Good-sounding guesses...

He's got that spikey helmet thing - and the character at the back/centre appears to have what looks like rows of spikes on the shoulders & head

Edited by Nessex

Good-sounding guesses...

please be soon!

I think you are absolutly correct I just got worried that they might be playing with us by putting up their first wave. But AFX is not that mean.

Also I hope we don't get another Mac in both waves. Unless one is Scorpion

I think Nessex is right and it's a Thunderbolts set.

The figure with the hood, gloves and thing over his shoulder is Radioactive man, the figure with the spikey head is Penance, the figure with the power chest is Gargan Venom and the figure in the front is Swordsman.

I thought the figure on the right with the powerhouse chest was actually a cape - so that one was throwing me off a bit. LOL

EDIT: I guess if we get 2 Venoms, the Dark Avengers will just be a back in black style Spiderman - And hopefully this one will be a Feral/Scorpion-Tale Venom.

Edited by Nessex

Good-sounding guesses...

Let me explain:

"A second DA set": literally a Dark Avengers boxset part two, meaning it contains characters from the Dark Avengers line-up that weren't in the first set (i.e. Moonstone/Ms Marvel, BullHawkseye, Sentry, Ares...) If DST can do something like this, then arguably they should've done something like this a long time ago (like with )Marvel Zombies, Civil War, Secret Invasion...

"Complement" in this case may be the above, but it may also be a completely different team related to Dark Avengers.

Heh, I just felt like venting pedantically there.

Speaking of pedantic...

Wouldn't Thunderbolts be a

direct predecessor to Dark Avengers rather than a complement?

thunderbolts definatly thunderbolts

penance and radioactive man are easy but doubt the others are venom and swords man first venom has no claw hands and swords man seems to have a hair piece instead of a helmet

I would agree the one one the left is Radioactive man, you can see the hood shape and the shoulder canister here.

post-179-1239937009_thumb.jpg

post-179-1239937552_thumb.jpg

The others have me stumped the top I would have gone with Penance from the shoulders but the head looks like a hairpiece not a helmet and the belt/crotch piece looks to long. The right one I cant think of any that fits the shape as it looks like the figure has some sort of short half cape design. Lastly the bottom one again the headpiece has me confused has it shows what looks like hair and none of the Thunderbolt pics I have seen fit and it looks to long to be Norman Osborn hair.

Edited by MiniFiend UK

Okay, so far right is Radioactive Man. Top is Pennance (the 'spikes' on the head are symetrical and the shoulders match). The far left is whoever the chick is in Thunderbolts (Songbird?). The cape thing is whatever energy thing she has in the picture (can't you tell how much I know about her?). The head just looks flat because of the shadow. And in front is...I don't know.

Edited by groundhog7s

Thunderbolts. Dear God let this be Thunderbolts!!! I'd love a Penance. And the spiked helmet does give me hope, I could live without a Radioactive Man, but I hope we get Penance. Maybe the larger guy is Gargan?

That sure is fun!

Left: Radioactive Man is pretty obvious I guess. The hood, the canister and the gloves might be evidence for him.

Top: Penance. The symetrical spikes on his head and shoulders just fit that pic here pretty good. The loincloth might be part of his armor thing.

If we have these two, that must be a Thunderbolts box set. So, who else belongs to that team:

Norman Osborn, Songbird, Venom, Bullseye, Swordsman and Moonstone, right?

That's tough.

Moonstone is out, since non of those has a massive hairpiece. Same with Songbird. The current Minimate designs are far too detailed that a hairpiece like that might be not recognized because of the shadow images.

Bullseye would be just a "regular" 'mate body without any extras, so he's out as well, since both of those other mates do have special sculpted parts.

Right: I'm not sure whether the guy on the right side wears a cape kind of thing or a bulky chest piece. He as well is bold or does wear a mask / helmet. Might be Venom since he's the only bulky one in that roster, but doesn't come with a scorpion tail, we would see that. (It's AFX's promo picture, so they would show it off!) And I don't think that it's just another regular Venom, since AFX is - thank God - way too nerdy in their arrangements. So I don't think it's Venom after all. If it's not a regular bulky chestpiece it might be a shoulder/chest armor thingy like Nova recently came with. Also it doesn't fit perfectly, but in that case I go with Swordsman, since he wears a helmet and does wear such an armor.

Bottom: The guy on the bottom / front however comes with a sculpted hairpice or helmet/mask, a sculpted jacket or something and - that's important I guess - huge boots! They look like the ones Iron Man came with in the Civil War package. I don't see anyone wearing special boots that need such a sculpting in the Thunderbolts roster. Maybe - very big maybe here - a new Gobiln. So maybe it's Osborn...

Anyway, that is a nice game to play! :geek:

Edited by Bob Harris