UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Green Lantern: The Movie

minimadman

So DC and Warner Bros. are finally gearing up a Green Lantern movie and I am stoked. Martin Campbell is directing the script of Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim and Michael Green. GL is in my top 3 of all time favorite superheroes. Rumors hit the net hardcore that Chris Pine is being offered the role of Hal Jordan. AWESOME. Here is a good pick of Mr. Pine, and if the name sounds familiar it may be because he is playing Capt Kirk in a little movie called Star Trek this summer.

chris-pine.jpg

Edited by minimadman

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He also appeared in some little movie called "Just My Luck" :confused:

I dunno, I'm kinda curious as to how a Green Lantern would perform in theaters... Should a depiction of the GL Corps itself be as essential to the movie as depicting just Hal Jordan himself? I wonder if working John/Kyle/Guy/etc. into the plot is a viable possibility yet...

We're getting a GL cartoon movie in a couple of months.

As for a live action? I dunno... I'm a little nervous.

Don't get me wrong, Green Lantern is unquestionably the best comic out there right now... But I don't see how someone could put it on the big screen. There's no way they'd most of what's actually happening. All you'd be left with is the corny GL of the 80's. :confused:

We're getting a GL cartoon movie in a couple of months.

And the gorgeous Tricia Helfer is in it. :wub:

Sounds promising since I'm a Hal fan myself, but i don't want it all about him. Something tells me we're getting an Iron-man remake though. By that i mean Orign Story for an hour and then perhaps Sinestro turning on the Leaguers, and Hal going to Oa for the first time, in the last half-hour. And that'll suck lots.

And Trich needs to play real-life Boodika too. :P

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

Hal going to Oa for the first time, in the last half-hour. And that'll suck lots.

No way. Think Mos Eisley but everyone is battling with power rings. Awesome is generally the term people use to describe something like that.

• 1 month later...
I would prefer to see a GL movie focused on G'Nort and Guy Gardner, but. . .we take what we can get, I suppose.

I would like to see Bradley Cooper as G'Nort and Barbara Streisand as Guy Gardner. That would be cool.

As long as the special effects are good and Hal has the right cocky, over-confident thing going on, I think a GL movie could work.

• 2 months later...
Slash film is reporting that Ryan Reynolds has been cast as Hal Jordan. That is awesome I have always liked Ryan Reynolds and I thnk he will be a great Green Lantern. Wonder what this means for the Deadpool movie? Oh well. If Fox was making it it would suck anyway.

Slash film is reporting that Ryan Reynolds has been cast as Hal Jordan. That is awesome I have always liked Ryan Reynolds and I thnk he will be a great Green Lantern. Wonder what this means for the Deadpool movie? Oh well. If Fox was making it it would suck anyway.

Woah...did not see that coming AT ALL. Personally?? I think Ryan is all wrong for Hal. So wrong on so many levels. I can't picture him as the pilot turned galactic cop he's supposed to be.

At all.

Here's another confirmation that Ryan Renolds has landed the role of Hal Jordan in the upcoming Green Lantern movie from WBs. Not sure how I feel about this. I think Reynolds is a perfect actor to portray sarcastic characters like Deadpool or the Flash, but Jordan...? I hope he does GL justice and tones downs the snappyness.

Now I wonder, who'll knab the role of Sinestro?

Edited by MINI_MYTE

I feel the same way. I just don't see him as Hal Jordan, as I don't think he can be earnest enough. Just like I can't watch Bill Murry in the Razor's Edge and take him seriously.

I just don't see Reynolds as the "grown man, strong man, leadership" type that Hal is.

I think it'll work, but I just can't imagine Reynolds as Hal. (Then again, that's what I thought about Edward Nortan as Bruce Banner....)

Knowing Norton was going to be channeling Bill Bixby, I had no problem with that. TV Hulk was much different from comic Hulk, but we don't have any other version of Hal ingrained into the sub-conscious of geeks. Maybe Reynolds will play this role, and people will think of Hal differently than they did in the past. Of course, comics tend to imitate other media, so next thing you know, Hal in the comics will be a wise-cracking, sarcastic Deadpool wanna-be. That would be unfortunate.

Woah...did not see that coming AT ALL. Personally?? I think Ryan is all wrong for Hal. So wrong on so many levels. I can't picture him as the pilot turned galactic cop he's supposed to be.

At all.

Not sure how I feel about this. I think Reynolds is a perfect actor to portray sarcastic characters like Deadpool or the Flash, but Jordan...? I hope he does GL justice and tones downs the snappyness.

Now I wonder, who'll knab the role of Sinestro?

I just don't see Reynolds as the "grown man, strong man, leadership" type that Hal is.

I think it'll work, but I just can't imagine Reynolds as Hal. (Then again, that's what I thought about Edward Nortan as Bruce Banner....)

Knowing Norton was going to be channeling Bill Bixby, I had no problem with that. TV Hulk was much different from comic Hulk, but we don't have any other version of Hal ingrained into the sub-conscious of geeks. Maybe Reynolds will play this role, and people will think of Hal differently than they did in the past. Of course, comics tend to imitate other media, so next thing you know, Hal in the comics will be a wise-cracking, sarcastic Deadpool wanna-be. That would be unfortunate.

Oh ye of little faith. Don't think Van WIlder think Agent Messner from Smoking Aces. Yes he was still humorous in that movie but it was subdued. I think that he will be an awesome Hal Jordan. It could be worse you know. They nearly cast Justing Timberlake!!! Thank God that didn't happen the internet may have exploded.

reynoldslantern.jpg

Congrats, Ryan!! You've made it into my sig!! Be proud of yourself. <_<

Seriously, Ryan just doesn't fit Hal. Maybe he does facially, but the character is all wrong. When i think of Reynolds, i see his sarcastic, joking side; his perfect Deadpool side (luckily he WILL break the 4th wall in the Deadpool movie!! :lol:). Hal needs to be serious at times and needs to be, well, powered by his will and determination. Reynolds just doesn't fit that bill...

He IS better than the other actors...and Justin...they had lined up though, so an amen to that.

Congrats, Ryan!! You've made it into my sig!! Be proud of yourself. <_<

Seriously, Ryan just doesn't fit Hal. Maybe he does facially, but the character is all wrong. When i think of Reynolds, i see his sarcastic, joking side; his perfect Deadpool side (luckily he WILL break the 4th wall in the Deadpool movie!! :lol:). Hal needs to be serious at times and needs to be, well, powered by his will and determination. Reynolds just doesn't fit that bill...

He IS better than the other actors...and Justin...they had lined up though, so an amen to that.

BOOOOOOO! He is cast as the Green Lantern not the Green Hornet. I wonder when you will reverse all this hatred will it be when the first production pic comes out? The first trailer? or will you hate all the way to June 17th 2011? You will eat your words sir.

On a side note to Ryan Reynolds. Please be awesome. I have faith.

BOOOOOOO! He is cast as the Green Lantern not the Green Hornet. I wonder when you will reverse all this hatred will it be when the first production pic comes out? The first trailer? or will you hate all the way to June 17th 2011? You will eat your words sir.

I really hope i do, once i see some actual in-production (or post) pics. I just can't get into the idea of him as Hal...yet. Once some actual footage or pictures are shown i really hope i do eat my words and kick myself for hating the idea, but until then, Ryan Reynolds as hal Jordan is an Epic Fail. You're welcomed to your own opinion though. :blush:

And yea, once i finished that i looked and said "wait...is that still Hal, or did i just make the Hornet?!" :biggrin:

Wonder what this means for the Deadpool movie?

It means he'll star in two up coming Superhero movies instead of just one.

Seriously the guys been in 3 movies so far this year (Adventure Land, Wolverine, and the Proposal... the latter two being rather high profile) he has plenty of time to be in both Deadpool and Green Lantern in 2011 especially since GL seems to be a bit father along (at least I hope someone's been writing a script and doing design work while the actor talk has been going on) then Deadpool development wise, he can hit the ground running with that project while Deadpool gets scripted and worked out, finish GL maybe take a month off to promote whatever 2010 movies he's got coming out, then hop right into Deadpool, finish off 2010 doing any reshoots needed then start off 2011 with junket tours in May for Deadpool and do it again in July for GL... happens all the time

it just seems odd right now because it's back-to-back superheroes from rival companies (though I could see Deadpool getting pushed back if Marvel Studios has a different movie they'd rather open like Thor or Captain America or Avengers or Iron-Man 3 or whatever they'd be on at the time giving Reynolds even more time for reshoots with that) no one thinks it's odd when Julia Roberts is in two rom-coms a year or that Michael Cera plays "Michael Cera: awkwardly in love" twice yearly it's the same deal.

You know, with him being linked to Scarlett Johannsen (AKA Silken Floss / The Black Widow) and all I can sort of imagine this new elite "actors who play superheroes in movies" set growing in popularity in Hollywood. Now if only someone out there would get Nathan Fillion one heck of a role...

And thanks a lot TTF, now I want to see a Green Hornet movie. I wonder who can play Kato?