UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghostbusters Minimates-Movies

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: gambitron, I have long anticipated that this would be one of the most popular Minimate releases yet, if not the most popular. Ghostbusters have a HUGE fan base, but we have never had figures of the actual 'Busters since the "Real Ghostbusters" animated figures, I don't believe. Though Mattycollector is releasing their own figures, they won't be available at retail, will be ridiculously expensive (circa $30 a piece after shipping), and we may not even get a decent looking Venkman (we've yet to see a prototype, possibly due to likeness licensing issues). Medicom showed Kubrick prototypes last year, but they would be pricey Japanese imports, and on top of that, we haven't heard jack about them since they were first shown, so who knows their status? These are available, they're affordable, and they're awesome.

What this all amounts to, I think, is a great opportunity for this line to really take off, and if I were you guys, I would buy these when I saw them. The BTTF Minimates sold very well for similar reasons, I think. There just wasn't anything else out there in terms of BTTF figures.

re: Mattalica, for whatever reason, they are releasing regular 4-pack figures in the TRU waves, apparently coinciding with the box set releases. Series 2 has a regular Ray and Winston, though we don't yet know if the 4-pack Ray will have the goggles, so they may not be exactly the same.

RE: karamazov80-After today I believe I am going to go pre-order TRU wave 2 from the website so that I make sure I get them because if I had gone to my TRU only on my lunch break instead of on my way to work I would likely not have gotten anything! I completely agree with your point. I was just talking with a co-worker about those original Real Ghostbusters figures and how much we loved them as kids and how there really hasn't been anything else since then.

Luckily, I had the chance to stop by a TRU tonight (which is cool since it's 30 minutes away). Unluckily, they didn't have any Ghostbusters or new Marvel.

On a side not, I happened to be there a little over a week ago and they had most of the T2 wave and the Origins and Heroes/Villians Marvel waves that had been there for awhile. Tonight they were almost cleared out. That was a good sign to see.

picked up the whole line today in a store LITERALLY across the city from me. so after almost two hour's worth of driving, I got home with my mates. they are glorious. my other TRU's in phoenix haven't got anything yet, to my knowledge.

My Egon/Library Ghost packs finally came in...in a padded envelope.

Still don't know why this particular set was treated differently from the rest of my order or why they couldn't be bothered to just toss them all in one big box rather than sending me three boxes and a padded envelope.

So, does anyone have a screen shot of the Ghostbusters when Stay Puft exploded? I'm curious how accurate Gooey Ray is.

Courtesy of Crackle.com where you can watch the full version of the movie with limited commercial interruption.

post-955-1247234804_thumb.jpg

post-955-1247234820_thumb.jpg

Halle-frakin-lujah! Even though yesterday when I went in to my TRU and they told me they didn't have any GB minimates and weren't getting on their next truck, I go in today and BAMMO! there they are! I got all five packs and that is such a relief to me! Now they just need to get in the new Marvel ones and I will be so happy! These look awesome I can't wait to get home from work and break em open.

Hey Gambit, which TRU did you hit up?

So, does anyone have a screen shot of the Ghostbusters when Stay Puft exploded? I'm curious how accurate Gooey Ray is.

Courtesy of Crackle.com where you can watch the full version of the movie with limited commercial interruption.

post-955-1247234804_thumb.jpg

post-955-1247234820_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the pics.

Wow, that really makes Gooey Ray look pathetic when compared to the real thing. I guess it was a nice attempt.

There's this can of adhesive by 3M called spray mount, you could use that to be perfectly accurate XD I think they did a nice job, I mean would you really want them to spend a lot of time sculpting all that stuff to end up with a figure with very little articulation?

I really like the Ray figure. He is a cheap to make, but inventive repaint representing a memorable scene from the movie. I don't think we could have expected actual, sculpted marshmallow goo on him. Honestly, I would like to get all 4 GBs done up this way.

I always thought that was funny when Peter didn't have anywhere close to as much marshmellow on him... I wondered if when reading the script he said, "I already get covered in slime.. I'm not doing marshmellow too!" ha ha

Just got back from the Sugar House Toys R Us (Salt Lake City) and ran into Ivan. They barely got a case in of GB so we each scored a full set. Funny to run into another MMMV member in a store. :) Up until now I have only met some of you at SDCC. Sounds like there are quite a few regulars along the Wasatch Front. ;P

My nephew is a huge ghostbuster fan and lives about 45 minutes north of me. He came up empty twice this week at the Layton TRU so I grabbed him the extra Slimmer set. I believe that Layton TRU is the last store in Utah that hasn't got these yet (unless they got them in today) and now every store is wiped out. Crazy. That's 5 TRU's in a smaller population state that sold out instantly.

Anyway, the TRU people told me on the phone that they got "12 in" and then no one at the store knew anything about it. Finally an associate found the case from the back and brought it out. He told us all (my wife was with me as well) that we needed to fill out the customer servey and state that he was helpful. As for me, I am happy to do anything that will promote any sort of assistance for collectors! Did you fill yours out Ivan?

I know there are many people missing out on these since they are in such high demand but hopefully selling out this fast will mean good things for the future distribution of the line. They look fantastic and I can't wait for more.. Hopefully Volts (LCS) will get me a box set soon.. I got hosed on the first shipment.. :(

I ain't fraid of no ghost,

Vox

Anyway, the TRU people told me on the phone that they got "12 in" and then no one at the store knew anything about it. Finally an associate found the case from the back and brought it out. He told us all (my wife was with me as well) that we needed to fill out the customer servey and state that he was helpful. As for me, I am happy to do anything that will promote any sort of assistance for collectors! Did you fill yours out Ivan?

I know there are many people missing out on these since they are in such high demand but hopefully selling out this fast will mean good things for the future distribution of the line. They look fantastic and I can't wait for more.. Hopefully Volts (LCS) will get me a box set soon.. I got hosed on the first shipment.. :(

I ain't fraid of no ghost,

Vox

"I expect two 100's today!":)

Heh, I was just going to PM you to see if you remembered his name. I intended to write it down on the receipt as an aid to memory. That doesn't help if you forget to write it down.

I hit Dr Volts the Wednesday the box set was released, but Dave told me his shipment had been split. I ended up ordering online and that package arrived today too. Woohoo! :)

Bustin' makes me feel good!

Well, I got my shipment from TRU.com today, and wow. Seeing them in person is so much better than pics online. I lucked out too, all 4 packs were in the same box packed very neat and secure. Boxes are mint, but I'm an opener, so it doesn't matter. Hopefully my TRU gets these cuz I still need Gooey Ray/Exploding Stay Puft.

BS

and on another note, this shipment officially puts me up to 300 mates :D Not as much as some members have, but a milestone for me.

Edited by blacksun1520

As part of my trip to a central VA TRU, I saw these on the pegs for the first time. Based on the 7 packs that were on the peg, I believe Ray/Mr. Staypuft and Winston/T-Dog are the extras in the case. It kind of makes sense, since Peter and Egon are in the 4-pack. Still looking forward to the non-gooey Ray and GB1 Winston in the second 4-pack.

My case of 12 had an extra Slimer/Slimed Peter & Winston/T-Dog. According to Ivan, the Winston/Dog set seemed to be the only ones left at most stores in this area. I guess I could pick up another one and stick real marshmellow on him to make a custom variant. B)

Ivan: ha ha ha I can't remember his name either.. I was just so excited to find the mates.. ha ha.. hmm.. let me see I think it was Ceasar or something similar. Honestly I may call the store and ask because I would like to have at least one place in Salt Lake where the staff are happy to put up with my calls and visits. :)

I can't wait to get off work and crack these mates open.. I really want an Ecto 1 now!