• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

post-3040-0-27261700-1392582988_thumb.jp

post-3040-0-34343000-1392584184_thumb.jp

post-3040-0-10550000-1392584210_thumb.jp

post-3040-0-01001100-1392584237_thumb.jp

It's definitely an improvement - they can stand up straight! It's the set for people who never got the set, but it's also got good stuff! I've been looking over some photos, and it seems like the gray look has more to do with light than the actual color of the uniforms, sorta like Han's Hoth jacket. The new faces are fun, and Winston's skin is lighter...

Edited by ufemizm

Nice review. At some points in the film though, the suits did appear tan/khaki. Looks like Ray doesn't have different colored eyes.

It's a bit odd that it says the review was posted by Tenime.

Anyway, thanks for reading! I tried to sum up the suits thing best I could, but I'm no expert on the subject. Should Ray have different colored eyes?

How do you know it's film-accurate?

http://www.gbfans.com/wiki/Flight_Suit

I just meant in terms of color, since that seems to be so important to people. What with the changes in manufacturing over the past few decades, the dyeing that might be involved, and the whole "color corrected still photos" as reference. Not sure if you're among those who are hung up on that. (I wouldn't be.) Would love to see it regardless!

It's not the only difference, obviously, but yeah, if you don't care about tan vs. grey, and you have all of the team members, and you don't care about removable backpacks, and you aren't a completist, then yeah, you might not have to buy a second/third/fourth set of Ghostbusters.

It's a nice set, though.

I just meant in terms of color, since that seems to be so important to people. What with the changes in manufacturing over the past few decades, the dyeing that might be involved, and the whole "color corrected still photos" as reference. Not sure if you're among those who are hung up on that. (I wouldn't be.) Would love to see it regardless!

Gotcha. Yeah, I'm not as anal as most GB costumers are and meticulous about the perfect, exact shade of tan (I'm intentionally/blasphemously altering things to not be film-accurate, since I'm not dressing up as one of the 4/5 guys, but as myself as a Ghostbuster), but I have always thought they were tan and never grey (though, I was so excited about getting GB Minimates, I never had any complaints about the colors).

It will be awhile before I can afford a proton pack, but I am almost done with it otherwise. Just need to make the elbow pads the right color and wait for my corrected trap holster to come in! I'd be happy to share pics!

And, actually...you'll get to see it in person if you come to C2E2... thumbsup.gif

• 4 weeks later...