UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Avengers #1 Contest

buttheadsmate

I was just thinking, that you could put up instead of an enormous and generous first price - including 5 2-packs, if I'm counting right! - more winners. Like first winner is allowed to choose two packs of those, second place is allowed to pick one of the remaining, third gets the one that's left behind. Just, you know, guessing and, well, um, hehe :blush:

On a seperate note, who am I to suggest anything and the contestmaster is always right...

(I guess, if it comes to shipping, everybody would help you out with a little money.)

I thought about giving 2nd & 3rd prizes & it may happen without diminishing the First Prize but I decided that the 'Scarlet Witch' pack would probably be regarded as the booby-prize. :(

The amount of entries will effect the possibility of other prizes.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just thinking, that you could put up instead of an enormous and generous first price - including 5 2-packs, if I'm counting right! - more winners. Like first winner is allowed to choose two packs of those, second place is allowed to pick one of the remaining, third gets the one that's left behind. Just, you know, guessing and, well, um, hehe :blush:

On a seperate note, who am I to suggest anything and the contestmaster is always right...

(I guess, if it comes to shipping, everybody would help you out with a little money.)

I thought about giving 2nd & 3rd prizes & it may happen without diminishing the First Prize but I decided that the 'Scarlet Witch' pack would probably be regarded as the booby-prize. :(

Hey, that pack is decently fine... Okay, yeah, you're right.

Hey, that pack is decently fine... Okay, yeah, you're right.

Boobies!

Could I suggest holding off until next week?

There is def a buzz going on with the Annoucement contest and it seems silly to have two things running at once and then nothing next week?

T.

I see your point Timbo ,I guess a small delay won't hurt.

So here's the first question......... 'When will the Avengers#1 Contest start?' :(

Watch this space :D

I see your point Timbo ,I guess a small delay won't hurt.

So here's the first question......... 'When will the Avengers#1 Contest start?' :(

Watch this space :D

It would help everyone to explain this as "flavor" and think of it as a "True DST experience" where suprise delays and confusion abound :D

T.

It's apparently Minimates Week & I decided that I'd run a little contest of my own....Avengers #1 Contest. This coming week (we hope) brings us The Avengers #1 Box Set. This highly anticipated box-set will ,obviously, be much sought-after & includes Iron-Man,Ant-Man/Giant-Man,The Hulk & The Wasp.

It doesn't include however the Mighty Thor for some 'God knows' reason post-638-1225188100_thumb.jpg

It also doesn't include Captain America who as all purists know was being 'kept on ice' until 'The Mighty Thaw'

...... & Loki was the villain the Avengers had to battle first ....sadly he too is not included.

First Prize in my competition will be 'Avengers' Wave 16 which includes Thor,Loki,Quicksilver,She-Hulk,Wonder Man & The Scarlet Witch which will be 'case-fresh' in their original packaging . First Prize will also include a 'freshly de-frosted ' Captain America & Absorbing Man ,Wave 5 ,2 pack. This version of Captain America is often considered 'the members' favourite' & again is minty fresh in its original packaging.

Depending on the interest (or not!) in the contest further prizes may be offered with the First Prize being upgraded with an addition of Bearded Thor.

There are few rules to this competition except my decision is final,all comments to be made only in the thread & I don't want PMs regarding it . I have no affiliation with any organisation & this competition is solely my idea & my responsibilty.

I am not offering Avengers #1 Box-Set as a prize or anything else for sale.

I will update this thread within 24 hours with the details of how to win if sufficient interest has been generated. All the best, buttheadsmate.

I've got a sneaky (overwhelmingly) feeling that after the marvellous week we had last week, being bamboozled by DST ,my little quiz will pale into insignificance. I'll blame Timbo (who else :biggrin: ) for destroying the momentum of this but I have learned a few things since I joined this wonderful forum ....anything involving the words 'free' usually gets peoples interest back. I have dealt with most of the rules & I'll make a few more up as we go. Please use the thread for any banter but not questions about the questions ,PM these . If you want to spoil it by blabbing the answers ...you'll be classed as a jerk ;) When all the questions have been asked I'll accept your answers via PMs & the winners will be announced. Please be patient for the answers /winners as next weekend is a particularly busy time for me for reasons of real-life. The prizes are as follows:

First: The complete Wave 16 including both Thor versions plus Wave 5, Captain America 2 pack.

Second: As above less Variant Thor

Third: Std.Thor & Loki plus Captain America 2 pack

Here are the first 12 questions......read them carefully :yes:

Question 1. Which Marvel Minimate consists of the least parts .....other than Zombie Wasp?

Question 2. Who was the first person to decline membership of the Avengers?

Question 3. Historically who is the 'earliest' Avenger who has not had a Minimate incarnation?

Question 4. Name 4 Marvel Minimates that have unique mouldings for their heads?

Question 5. The Amazing Spider-Man issue #96 was especially relevant for what reason?

Question 6. Which Marvel Minimates have non-plastic accessories?

Question 7. Which Marvel kubricks do not have a current or proposed Minimate equivalent?

Question 8. The Minimate version of Quicksilver joined the Avengers in which issue?

Question 9. Which Marvel Minimate has the longest 'official' name?

Question 10. Which Marvel Minimate has the most parts including accessories & how many?

Question 11. Wave 2 Black Spidey & Venom are the same except for their heads & have the least painted parts compared to any other Marvel Minimate. True or False?

Question 12. Which Marvel Minimate 2-pack contained 2 completely unique variants?

So that wasn't too difficult was it ? "It ain't Cap" Brian

Please remember to keep your answers to yourself for now ,wait until all questions are asked. Thankyou.

There will be at least 6 further questions (probably tomorrow) & there will be plenty of time to PM the answers to them to me (not yet )but remember the time difference in the UK & the fact that I'm frequently intoxicated during most of the evening hours here :P

Edited by buttheadsmate

Wow, some of those will be deceptively difficult to answer, I think. Is number 8 a trick question?

Question 8. The Minimate version of Quicksilver joined the Avengers in which issue?

I don't remember a Minimate ever coming to life, breaking the "fourth wall" and appearing in any Marvel comics, particularly to join a team ;)

I would certainly buy that issue, though. "Minimate Quicksilver, you have shown us that your pose-ability and cuteness far outweigh your size and plastic-ness. Please accept our offer of membership into the 'Mate Lakes Avengers"

Edited by karamazov80

Wow, some of those will be deceptively difficult to answer, I think. Is number 8 a trick question?

I don't remember a Minimate ever coming to life, breaking the "fourth wall" and appearing in any Marvel comics, particularly to join a team ;)

I would certainly buy that issue, though. "Minimate Quicksilver, you have shown us that your pose-ability and cuteness far outweigh your size and plastic-ness. Please accept our offer of membership into the 'Mate Lakes Avengers"

Karamazov80 will not be involved in the prize-winning :P

Karamazov80 will not be involved in the prize-winning :P

Poor karamazov! ;)

Thanks buttheadsmate for bringing the contest up! I just browsed through your questions and I think there are some tough ones, one has to investigate a lot of time to solve these. But I bet this is going to be fun and no paleing into anything.

:D

I've had a few queeries :ohmy:

Replies:

Question 9. Which Marvel Minimate has the longest 'official' name.

I'm afraid Timbo that your ........'Stealth,Silvery Gold,Grey Guardian Centurion Mark 4.5 Iron Man Through the Ages Sober Tony Variant ' is not an official item.

TM2Dinobot : I'm sure you can do better than ....Cap or Thor :blink:

I have no real way of knowing whose 'IN' except for the PM questions that I'm receiving & the one set of answers I've been sent :D

Please send the answers after ALL the questions have been asked,it's not a race ;)

I also want to re-assure one or two of you that the answers are straightforward enough but do need thinking about carefully .....they're easy enough.... I can answer all of them correctly :lol:

Edited by buttheadsmate

That's it for today, I better go to sleep.

Since I was just browsing the questions when you put them up earlier, I completly missed to notice that huge amount of prizes you offer here! Just wanted to say thank you! Damn, you Brits are generous!

PS.:

So, any deadline to this yet? I MAY be able to pm you some answers tonight, but defintely by tomorrow.
Please send the answers after ALL the questions have been asked, it's not a race ;)
And:
There will be at least 6 further questions (probably tomorrow) & there will be plenty of time to PM the answers to them to me (not yet )but remember the time difference in the UK & the fact that I'm frequently intoxicated during most of the evening hours here :P
Edited by Bob Harris

So, any deadline to this yet? I MAY be able to pm you some answers tonight, but defintely by tomorrow.

There are six further questions to come . Please PM me all the answers after the final six questions have been asked. This is not a race .

Sarcasm Fix : I perhaps will be giving a prize to whoever reads my previous posts correctly because it's all there guys ;)

There are six further questions to come . Please PM me all the answers after the final six questions have been asked. This is not a race .

Sarcasm Fix : I perhaps will be giving a prize to whoever reads my previous posts correctly because it's all there guys ;)

So i get a prize?? :P

Just kidding, but you said to wait until all questions are up and then it osunded liek people already gave you answers. that's why i asked is all.