UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Q&A stuff from AA's site

Reideen1313

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Princess Bride? Awww.... Damn. I so wanted that.

That, Indiana Jones, and The Wizard of Oz are, now that Ghostbusters has been announced and prototyped, three of my biggest Moviemates wants ever. Oh, and the Casablanca Two-Pack (but it'd have to be in Black and White.)

Sweet, they answered my question!! ;)

Well, that's good to hear. In case you care, i asked about Silver Fox. Well, looks like i and whoever agreed with me was correct; Silvie looks to be appearing as an exclusive. That's damn sweet, because that's a damn-sweet mate for such a key character. Shame about Gambit, though. then again, DST probably doesn't want to release two of the same character so close toget- oh wait, we're getting four Sabres, two Deadpools, and like 20 Wolvies. <.< Still great news for Fox though. :)

At least DST took the time to answer this question:

Jeff Hollick: I just want to compliment DST / Art Asylum on the latest Minimates offerings! The character selection, attention to detail and value for money are among the best in the toy business. Thanks for the great product and keep it coming!

DSTChuck: Cool… thanks for collecting these little guys. More cool stuff planed, hope you like them.

...Not that I disagree with the sentiment. I am interested to hear what else is "plan[n]ed."

Surprisingly enough, I actually had three of my questions answered - Sara Conner, the Doctor Who designs and any future "classic comic" mates.

I do wish we were getting better news about BSG and Star Trek though and I am kind of bummed that they don't think a Firefly/Serenity set would work....

Edited by jjwspider

Weird question: Is Matt still with DST? He hasn't been around the board in a while, and hasn't posted on their blog for about a month. I ask because I PMed him with a question and never got a response. Anyone know?

Yes, he is, so have no fear. He was in a recent interview with BTTF.com at Toyfair '09 on thier, take a guess..., BTTF line. So yeah; he's still there. ;)

Weird question: Is Matt still with DST? He hasn't been around the board in a while, and hasn't posted on their blog for about a month. I ask because I PMed him with a question and never got a response. Anyone know?

His "absence" likely stems from all of the preparation and fallout involved with the NYCC/Toy Fair shows. And, as TTF pointed out, we can confirm that Matt still worked with DST at Toy Fair, since he conducted an interview.

First TBT goes missing, now DSTMatt.

Something is UP people. I tell you SOMETHING IS UP!!!!

Five gets you ten it's Skrulls.

I'll put 3:1 odds on Cylons.

And 12:1 that TBT! bumped into Grimlock King on his latest visit to New York . . .

• 3 weeks later...
Maryl-lyn Cooper:

I read the post about making Ghostbusters minimates, but you only mention Venkman and Spengler. Do you plan on making all 4 Ghostbusters?

DSTChuck: YES. We will make all four ‘busters as well as MANY ghosts.

The way he said MANY sounds like we will see more ghosts than just the few they showed at Toy Fair. Maybe another box set? It would be awesome to get the library ghost and the taxi cab ghost.

God bless foregone conclusions (i.e. Champions) :P

Seriously I hope DST's "clueless" behavior regarding the AFX exclusive (which we all *know* is coming) is a bluff or something, kinda like the mix-up we all had regarding the existence of wave 28 Deadpool's removable mask before.

New Captain America will have alternate hair... I'm hoping that means he also "transforms" into the Winter Soldier.

"We like to use exclusives to round out a line" + Unification Spock = slim chances for the continuation of the Trek minimates? Please let this be just me jumping to crazy conclusions.

Marvel Minimates Wave 30... almost brings a tear to your eye, doesn't it? :D

Rrr...

Looks like Thunderbolts minimates aren't very likely...