UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

BBTS and Secret Invasion minimates???

Zombieboyfiend

still not deapool.... Horror... ;)

Just thought I'd say it before anyone else did :D

Nice Awesome box set, The extra heads totally make this set!!

I'm curious which molds they'll use for Wolverine though.

T.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, there's not that many undone Marvel mates that I'm really jonesing for, but between the Spidey villains, the Avengers box and now this, DST is really cutting down that list! And even though I hoped for one in the recent speculation thread, I never realistically thought they'd do a Jessica Jones mate, that's just awesome...

EDIT: Just took a quick look at that speculation thread, and it looks like DSTChuck was only half kidding when he said he'd want Spider-man and Wolverine :lol: ... Personally given the other 3, I'm happy to get another Wolvie. His mask will work well with a Skrull head.

Edited by battlecat

still not deapool.... Horror... ;)

Just thought I'd say it before anyone else did :D

Nice Awesome box set, The extra heads totally make this set!!

I'm curious which molds they'll use for Wolverine though.

T.

This DOES mark the first Wolvie since Zombie, and that one is ALMOST a different character, so I can't complain.

I CAN complain about Deadpool though. :P

I have been dieing for this anouncement! I had heard this was going to be the next Box Set and that it would be those characters I know it will be the versions of those characters that came out of the ship in SI #1 So blue fur ball beast, Green Phoenix, Jewel, and 1st appearance Wovie. The extra heads mean that no one has extra mates from this point on. You now have an army of spider-skrulls.

In the comics, it's the green outfit. The non-crazy Jean Grey version! :lol:

If so, then that sucks IMO. I don't need a recolored variant of an existing figure, give me Marvel Girl!!

Jessica Jones mate = Good

Jessica Jones as Jewel mate = GREAT SUCCESS!

My wishlist of Marvel mates is done to obscure people like Jolt, Bloodspider and Deadpool :)

But how times change, I seem to recall DST Q&A responses where double-sided/alternate expression headblocks was unlikely to be considered....

Edited by Cyc

But how times change, I seem to recall DST Q&A responses where double-sided/alternate expression headblocks was unlikely to be considered....

True, but I can't imagine they anticipated a set that would have this specific a need for them... this isn't alternate expressions so much as alternate species!

I wonder which hairpiece they'll use for Phoenix though, since the Dark Phoenix hair covers less than half the head at the bottom...

karamazov80, you can always think of green Phoenix as Rachel Summers, which is a different character. She wore the green outfit at one point, and I identify it much more with her than Jean Grey...

I'm kinda relieved there's no Skrullectra as I almost thought that'd be a given. I'm digging Beast but that's the only must have for me outta the bunch. Jewel, to me, is much like Nitro to everyone else. It's cool having a new character but I would have much rather have had Xavin or Hulkling. Oh and the plain skrull heads will be good for grunts but will be a little tougher for making power skrulls as a lot of them have two or three different designs to their helmets.

Thhis all seems well and good, but what do these people have to do with Secret Invasion. These aren't the key players in this. I will still probably be buying this, but it doesn't seem very SI themed. I would rather have a set with people like Yellow Jacket, and some Skrulls, etc

Vig

Thhis all seems well and good, but what do these people have to do with Secret Invasion. These aren't the key players in this. I will still probably be buying this, but it doesn't seem very SI themed. I would rather have a set with people like Yellow Jacket, and some Skrulls, etc

Vig

If you have been reading, you would know that all of these characters (in these costumes / versions) emerged from the crashed Skrull ship. Beast and Phoenix were revealed to be skrulls when Black Widow shot the piss out of them.

so they fit...AND it gets me a classic beast so booyah!

post-179-1216830668_thumb.jpg

Thats the spaceship crash from SI#1. really if they are picking from that group there is only a few heroes that haven't been released before with the same look.

Classic Beast

Green Phoenix

Red Jacket Wonderman

Jewel

Mockingbird or whatever her name is.

Ms Marvel

First Appearance Wolverine

and at a push a solid Vision

The rest we already have in their looks

Edited by MiniFiend UK

From the diamon select website:

SDCC Update: Secret Invasion Minimates!

Straight out of Marvel's best-selling event comes this Previews Exclusive Secret Invasion Minimates box set! When everyone you know could be a Skrull, who do you trust?

Included in this set are four potentially Skrully heroes of yesterday: Jean Grey as Phoenix, Beast in his Avengers costume, Wolverine and his first appearance costume and the Minimate debut of Jessica Jones as Jewel! Each possibly-alien Minimate also includes an alternate Skrull face - allowing you to display each hero with just a twist of the head. As if that wasn't enough, transform your existing Minimates into Skrull saboteurs with the four bonus Skrull heads included in each set!

Available in the August issue of Previews, pre-order this and other Minimates sets with your local comic book store or visit our online store! Stay tuned for more pictures from the San Diego Comic Con floor!

Looks like we'll be getting pictures soon!

SWEET CHRISTMAS!!! Double faced mini skrulls... can't wait. I hope this version of Beast looks a hell of a lot better than the new X-men version. Oh ya... and better still... another Wolverine :banana:

Wait a minute, my bad, technically it's a skrull, not Wolverine. Does that make sense? I need a beer.

Now, as an X-Men fan, I love the idea of finally getting a classic Phoenix and Beast, so overall, I'm not complaining.

But I've gotta say, as a Secret Invasion Set, this lineup sucks.

A. It's primarily an Avengers story, and they gave us not one, not two, but THREE X-Men. (Granted, two were also Avengers, but they're better known as X-Men). Not to mention, I don't think Jewel was ever an Avenger either, was she? (Honestly not sure.)

B. They're characters only marginally involved with Secret Invasion... Instead of giving us plot relevant characters like Elektra, Iron Man, Spider-Woman, Nicky Fury or even unmade but HUGELY relevent characters like Yellowjacket, Black Widow or Mockingbird, they gave us the people running around in the background... two of whom are already dead...

C. Expanding on the previous two thoughts, the mandatory "Heavy Hitter" they chose was Wolverine... now... I know, every set needs a Wolverine, Spider-Man or Iron Man... but frankly, both of the other two seem like far more logical choices in this case, as both have been far more involved in SI thus far (Iron Man in the main book, Spider-Man in the New Avengers tie-ins) So like... why Wolverine?

BUT, as I said, I'm still happy to be getting Phoenix and Beast, so I'll pick this up. Not complaining about new mates, I always love new mates. I'm just sayin'... releasing them as a "Secret Invasion" set seems kinda... dumb... to me...

I like the extra Skrull Heads idea. I hope they're all different, and not just the same head, and I hope at least one has Feminine Skrully features for elektra and Spider-Woman.

I also hope these "Turning" heads don't get in the way of the other figures' looks... I just don't see how a head could be half green and half peach, and not be... noticable... many minimate hair pieces don't cover the sides that well... I'd much rather they just came with extra heads, like the original tounge/no-tounge Venom figure.

But I guess we'll have to wait and see.

PS. So should we take this as conformation that the Jewel & Wolverine that came off the ship are skrulls?

Edited by Gillbob316

PS. So should we take this as conformation that the Jewel & Wolverine that came off the ship are skrulls?

I just got done reading New Avengers and they have pretty much made it clear that the heroes that came off the ship

are Skrulls and all memories of their previous life has been erased