UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

BBTS and Secret Invasion minimates???

Zombieboyfiend

I'm no army builder or anything, but I'm a bit surprised to see so much hate (or more properly, indifference) for the Skrull heads. I think it will be pretty cool to get out some of my extra 'Mates and to make some use out of them by turning them into Skrulls (Marty McFly and the Man with No Name will definitely get the Skrull treatment in my household). Plus, the Super Skrull head is a bit bland to me. I am curious to see how the new expressions look on him.

Regarding the whole trading issue, if you guys are so skittish about, I'm guessing, having your identity. . .identified(?), then I'm surprised that you post on, or use the internet at all. Aren't you worried that someone could track your IP address and come to get you?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

p.s. Watch your back Alpheon... I'm in Portland next week... B)

*forehead slap* Wow, I am such an idiot... :wallbash: Ugh. No point changing my "Location" now, though.

Thank you for pointing that inconsistency out gracefully, TBT! I appreciate it. :blush:

Regarding the whole trading issue, if you guys are so skittish about, I'm guessing, having your identity. . .identified(?), then I'm surprised that you post on, or use the internet at all. Aren't you worried that someone could track your IP address and come to get you?

The thought had occurred to me (and, unfortunately, to my parents :P ).

On topic: uh, cool! Skrulls!

And I like that idea of switching out the Super Skrull's head. I never did like his face either.

Edited by Alpheon

I'm no army builder or anything, but I'm a bit surprised to see so much hate (or more properly, indifference) for the Skrull heads. I think it will be pretty cool to get out some of my extra 'Mates and to make some use out of them by turning them into Skrulls (Marty McFly and the Man with No Name will definitely get the Skrull treatment in my household). Plus, the Super Skrull head is a bit bland to me. I am curious to see how the new expressions look on him.

It's not that. I just don't trust people I've never actually met. And I like having the product in my hand when I buy it, you know what I mean? Because if I don't, I fret about whether its coming or not. No offense to you guys, I like you, you're fun to talk to. I just don't trust you for a buisness transaction. That's all.

Secret Invasion Control Art along with a blog entry by Robert have been posted over on the AA forums. Love that control art!

Cool, I never even noticed the little Phoenix symbol on the Dark Phoenix sash before...

Still don't get what they're going for with Jewel's "double" boobs -- in fact, I'd assumed that was a misprint on the one shown at SDCC... are the lower lines meant to be her ribs? Or is she meant to be jumping up and down? Is it really just me that thinks it looks really weird? Probably.

Also, I'm surprised Marvel wasn't more picky about the version of Beast they used, since he's wearing his X-Men briefs in Secret Invasion, and has black hair, but that's an easy fix with a Sharpie, even for non-customizing me. And any Beast's a good Beast.

Nitpicking aside, can't wait for this set!

Maybe I'm missing something, but from the control art, it looks like the 'mates will have reversable heads and extra head accessories. The extra heads don't really look like the skrull faces on the actual figures.

I guess I should read the rest of the posts before actually posting something, huh?

Do you guys think the color of the extra skrull heads will match the existing Super Skrull minimate color? I wanted to get an Elektra ready for skrullification beforehand, so she can proudly sit with the other skrulls right away, with her green skin showing.