What Are You Playing

neolego

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That is pretty impressive, SSP. That game used to frustrate the hell out of me. Not as bad as Pac-Man, though. That game makes me a nervous wreck. I prefer modern games that are all so beatable over those older ones that just got harder, and never ended until you died.

Edited by karamazov80

Started playing MUA2 today! It's a lot of fun playing as the Juggernaut. His unstoppable destruction is a hoot.

I saw that a Van Halen edition was being given away with GH V, which is strange to me. I would imagine Van Halen GH as being way more fun than the Beatles, and thus quite worthy of being sold by itself. . .

Edited by karamazov80

I beat Halo ODST the other night and am trying it on legendary to unlock the hidden character for firefight. It is freakin hard on legendary. I swear legendary for Halo 2 and 3 was much easier.

You already have ODST?? Or were you one of the people that downloaded the French advanced-copy?? ;)

I've got it on pre-order from my local Gamestop, so Sgt. Johnson and a new controller will be mine!!!

Oh, and i WON'T be getting Marvel UAII. Civil War is one of those things best as an animated movie, not a video game. I just don't see it.

I got Scribblenauts. Yes, its that amazing. Some of my favortie scenarios:

Abe Lincoln and George Washington with shotguns vs a Zombie.

Bigfoot and the Mothman fight Nessie

My Zombocalypse custom level.

Werewolf vs Vampire vs Zombie

Finally confirming that pirate DOES beat Ninja 1 on 1.

God kills Satan

Death kills everything. Except Vampire.

Hitting a nuke with a hammer.

Summoning Terrorist and Nuke. Instant kill.

Put terrorist and bomb in big hole. Terrorist instantly sets bomb off, killing himself.

UFO and Cow. Nuff said.

Terrorist in UFO and me in Stealth Bomber. Epic Dogfight.

In other words, if you make it so, this can be the most epic game ever created.

I'm playing Scribblenauts too, and I enjoyed it until the gimmicks started annoying me. While the idea is cool that you can bring anything into play, it was poorly executed. For example a giraffe will kick a drawbridge while trying to cross it, and it will end up falling into lava. Pretty much everything is as light as a feather. Hell, you can knock over a bus by running into it. Watching a shark or Cthulhu devour something is hilarious, but the novelty gets old after a while. Not to mention that moving your character is annoying as all hell, as you use the touch screen which is also used for placing items, and you can easily slip up and touch the item you wanted to jump onto, end up going through it and having to start the whole level over.

I'm playing Scribblenauts too, and I enjoyed it until the gimmicks started annoying me. While the idea is cool that you can bring anything into play, it was poorly executed. For example a giraffe will kick a drawbridge while trying to cross it, and it will end up falling into lava. Pretty much everything is as light as a feather. Hell, you can knock over a bus by running into it. Watching a shark or Cthulhu devour something is hilarious, but the novelty gets old after a while. Not to mention that moving your character is annoying as all hell, as you use the touch screen which is also used for placing items, and you can easily slip up and touch the item you wanted to jump onto, end up going through it and having to start the whole level over.

But the fun thing about summoning is that if it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing. Never summon a shark: summon a Megalodon. Never EVER summon a squid. summon a Krakken.

I currently own a Wii and can't decide what other system to get.

I want the PS3 cause I'm used to the controller setup, and I really want Metal Gear Solid 4.

I want the 360 cause it's less expensive, and I really want Halo.

Most of the other games I want are on both systems. I don't go online often and since you have to pay for live, that's another reason for the PS3.

So what system do you guys think is better?

I've got both, and like both. With the PS3, keep in mind that you get Blu Ray, and higher def. regular DVD playback than you get with the 360. 360 has Halo and is a bit cheaper. . .and that's about the only advantage I can think of at this point.

If you want MGS IV (and you should), you gotta have the PS3. It really depends on how important the exclusive 360 games and price matters to you. If you don't mind those two things so much, go with the PS3 I say.

Also, Red Ring of Death will be upon you with the 360. Beware and be forewarned.

Edited by karamazov80

So what system do you guys think is better?

Ah, I own all three systems, so I'll try not to play favorites :).

I think this is a very simple answer really, I would say since you don't own either pick up a PS3 Slim! I am a HUGE Xbox Fan, but I blame my addiction on GamerScore. I know it sounds dumb, but when I pick up games I pick them up for 360 because if I'm going to get achievements I would rather them be added to my current GamerScore and I had Xbox 360 first. Is that a good reason, HECK NO, but it's mine. Now days Playstation has Trophies, so if you are into that kind of thing you can start from scratch and build your trophy case without loosing any GamerScore (of which you don't have). However, ultimately it comes down to exclusives. You need to get the system that will play the games you want. Sure, both consoles got Batman and Ultimate Alliance and Call of Duty and Fallout 3 and LEGO Batman/Indy/Star Wars, and Bioshock and Assasin's Creed and Rock Band/Guitar Hero and Madden. But it comes down to the games you like. Here are a few exclusives, just in case you are not sure:

Xbox - Halo, Fable, Mass Effect, Crackdown, Banjo Kazooie, Gears of War, Forza, Viva Pinata, Lips

Playstation - Uncharted, InFamous, Little Big Planet, Ratchet and Clank, God of War, Buzz TV, SingStar, Gran Turismo, Killzone, Resistance, MLB the Show

Again, it's all based on what you like to play. I like to play several on both, so I bought both, but you'll have to make that decision for yourself. Also, as one last note, the Avatar on Xbox Live is kinda childish, but honestly it really grows on you and I love it! Much better dashboard IMO. Either way you can't go wrong.

neo

Edited by neolego

Playstation - Uncharted, Little Big Planet, Ratchet and Clank, God of War

This is really all it should take. I've gotten more play value out of Uncharted than any other game, and I expect the new one to be just as good. The God of War games are just epic. I look forward to having my face rocked off when GOW3 hits. When PS exclusives are done right, they just can't be beat. Consider the Blu-Ray player, and it's a great choice.

Xbox and PS3 both have a good selection of downloadable items (demos, games, tv shows, movies, etc), but the Xbox has a deal with Netflix which seems pretty handy. I wish that were available on the PS3.

One problem with my PS3 is that it gets hot fast and the fan is pretty loud. That may be corrected on the slim version. I have no idea how the Xbox fares in that respect.

Sorry about MGS....I guess I just thought it was a given so I forgot to write it down, lol.

As for the sound, the PS3 is nice and quite compared to the 360. Heck, I've started ripping games to my HDD just so it's not as dang loud. If you've ever tried to watch a movie while the dishwasher was on, you'll know how it feels playing an Xbox 360!

As for you turtle, let me introduce you to your new best friend: Play On. In short, Play On is a program that runs on your PC and streams to your console. You can try it for free, but you have access, not only to your Netflix Account, but also Hulu and ESPN. If you choose to purchase it, it's a 1 time charge of $39.99 with no fees after that. Let me tell you something, it's worth EVERY PENNY!! Try it out.

neo