UA-100768763-1 Jump to content
karamazov80

Minimate compatibility thread

Recommended Posts

How well do mega bloks halo figures weapons work with Minimates? I saw this weapon pack at Walmart and they look like they'd be close, but I don't wanna get them unless it's a sure thing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you will need to trim the handle, but otherwise they should work just fine. Mega Bloks and LEGO tend to have weapons that are a little too big for their minifigs, which means they are more in scale with Minimates. Years ago I used Mega Bloks guns for the first Punisher Minimate and his van that I made. They were the only option then and they worked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pallet1.png

Hobby Gear has some cool diorama stuff in 1:24, I paid about $10 for the pallet and drums.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/14/2017 at 4:53 PM, Onyx_6 said:

I think you will need to trim the handle, but otherwise they should work just fine. Mega Bloks and LEGO tend to have weapons that are a little too big for their minifigs, which means they are more in scale with Minimates. Years ago I used Mega Bloks guns for the first Punisher Minimate and his van that I made. They were the only option then and they worked.

This is correct. The weapons look good with 'Mates, but Mega Bloks grip is the same size as Lego minifigs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any one ever use the Marvel Legends ToyBiz Fantasti Car front that came with Reed with the minimates before? I have one at My folks place (Sydney) but don’t remember why I didn’t bring it with me to NYC where the mates live...is it really out of scale? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/02/2018 at 4:50 AM, thereasonsy said:

Any one ever use the Marvel Legends ToyBiz Fantasti Car front that came with Reed with the minimates before? I have one at My folks place (Sydney) but don’t remember why I didn’t bring it with me to NYC where the mates live...is it really out of scale? 

I'm not sure but I would be happy to pick it from Sydney & bring it to you in NYC . I would only stay with your folks for a week or so ......... as long as they feed me & my bed is comfortable .

:D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, buttheadsmate said:

I'm not sure but I would be happy to pick it from Sydney & bring it to you in NYC . I would only stay with your folks for a week or so ......... as long as they feed me & my bed is comfortable .

:D

 

Well feeding is not an issue however my bedroom has been converted into a playroom for my nieces, a wine room, and has work out equiptment...  so not so comfy BUT it is 10 mins from the beach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds fine to me ........& I'm a Manly sort of guy so I'll take the ferry .

It's 20 years since I've been back to Sydney & nearly 30 years since I've been to NY......fond memories of two completely different places.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, buttheadsmate said:

Sounds fine to me ........& I'm a Manly sort of guy so I'll take the ferry .

It's 20 years since I've been back to Sydney & nearly 30 years since I've been to NY......fond memories of two completely different places.

Manly! LOL My family is is Mosman. Small internet world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/26/2018 at 6:16 AM, thereasonsy said:

Manly! LOL My family is is Mosman. Small internet world.

Yah pair of eastern suburbs wankers!

only joking everybody knows the real wankers are in Bondi

 

Oh and the fantastic car would be huge

Edited by Polarboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Polarboy said:

Yah pair of eastern suburbs wankers!

only joking everybody knows the real wankers are in Bondi

 

Oh and the fantastic car would be huge

Right?!? They are the worst! Lol. 

 

But seriously i want to see if its livable too big since my FF feels left out ever since the Avengers and X-Men got their displays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, MisterPL said:

That looks great, Onyx. Well done. :ClappingHands:

Thanks! I am happy to share the process if anyone wants to try it themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Onyx_6 said:

Thanks! I am happy to share the process if anyone wants to try it themselves.

- Wernher von Braun (quote?)

 

I love that Fantasticar .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Merci.

4 hours ago, buttheadsmate said:

I love that Fantasticar .

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, cylonchaney said:

Thereasony's gonna go get the papers.

LOL sadly not. I don't have steady hands so I avoid anything that involves a lot of painting or cutting. The most painting I have sever done was my crystal mini custom and that took a few tries and a lot of Novas. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL It was a Goodfella's reference to your double-post. Maybe I should have written get the papers, get the papers.

Edited by cylonchaney

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...