UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Customizer's "How to" Guide

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a really helpful thread, whilst i don't need assistance at the moment, i'll keep it in mind for future customs :biggrin:

Great work so far guys.

Rich

• 4 months later...

This seems like the best spot for this question... has anyone found a good substitute for chest extenders? The GiAnt-Man uses one under his belt, and I'd like to replicate that look with Goliath and don't have any spares.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Thanks, one coat which was speedily dried in the freezer and she's regained her neck strength already.

May also try covering some hair pegs in glue to thicken them up and stop them spinning around/failing off. That should work, right?

• 2 months later...

Carefully.

I'd snapped many a peg before I learned the best way (for me) is drop it in boiling water for, like, I dunno, 20 seconds. Yank it out with a fork (a spoon could work, too, but will take scalding water with it).

The plastic should be soft enough to either, yes, push the pin out (go from the ball side, not the flat side), or, what I do, is slide the top part off the bottom part (which has the pin).

It should be soft enough to pop off without breaking anything. If it doesn't come off easily, don't force it, and drop it in the water for longer.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I need help, please.

I'm looking for Minimates with black plastic bodies (barring blanks).

Havok & Venom are two I've come up with, but I'm having brainfarts on possible others.

Tampos aren't a problem, as long as the base color of the plastic is black.

If your local TRU has as many warming the pegs as mine does, grab the X-Men: First Class Sebastion Shaw packs. He's completely black under the jacket. And all the TRU's near me still have those on clearance for $4.95

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not sure whether this should go in the decal thread or not..

I finally tried my hand at I testing out decals, well, vinyl stickers, and ran into a few issues.

1. As the vinyl sticker paper isn't transparent it has a white edge once applied. I assume I can just paint the edges to match?

2. As the paper is thicker than decal paper it means when you apply it to heads the hair pieces no longer fit, or they do but will rip/crease the sticker. Any ideas on stopping this?

I ran into the exact problems when I tried stickers out for the first time. I didn't find a solution I've been happy with, so I'm using decals for my customs. But I know Luke works with stickers a lot and his customs look, you know, fantastic.