UA-100768763-1 Jump to content
Trekker 42

The Marvel Select thread

If anyone's getting this and doesn't want the dog, hit me up to trade or sell. The Barton figure's pretty cool too, but I'd be okay just having the real star of that book whistling.gif

Love Hawkeye but hate that costume... but yeah, they nailed it. Might have to get him to pair with my other MS Hawkeye, which currently stands alone.

Love Hawkeye but hate that costume... but yeah, they nailed it. Might have to get him to pair with my other MS Hawkeye, which currently stands alone.

Cue the soundtrack to Scorpion King

So I know this is a MARVEL Select thread, but I didn’t see a generic Diamond Select thread to post this in:

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/97762/exclusive-early-look-at-diamond-selects-universal-monsters-mummy-and-wolfman-version-2-action-figures/

I’m so f**king psyched for that Mummy and Lucy!

dumb personal aside, I’m trying to obtain a figure in Select scale that corresponds to the core cast of Monster High... so far I have Frankenstein, Gilman, and Dracula, Jean St.Jean is releasing a Yeti and Werewolf (which I personally prefer to Wolfman, although DST’s Wolfman is pretty great looking) later this year, and now DST is releasing a Mummy.. I just need a zombie, is there a Select scale civilian Zombie I don’t know about? I know there’s the Marvel Zombies, but those are too ‘spandex’ to mesh with the other figures, maybe I just keep holding out hope Jean makes a zombie in a future creatureplica wave, or maybe one of the next original DST Monster characters is a zombie, or maybe even hold out hope for Zombie Kingpin? It’s unfortunate the best zombies are 5 inch scale or smaller with most being minimates.

He's tiny

I don't think he's tiny for a comic Hulkbuster, but probably small compared to most Selects. I guess that doesn't bother me too much because scale for MS has been all over the place lately (I'm looking at you, Carnage) so I don't really feel like I can display them together anyway.

If you preorder it now on Marvel Shop you can use the code ULTRON to get free shipping.

I love that it is the same design of the first hulk buster minimate.

In a pleasant surprise today my Select Hulkbuster showed up at my door from Marvel. I hadn't gotten a notice about shipping or anything. Total surprise.

It's quite nice, and since I don't have any other Select figs the scale doesn't bother me.

Too bad the articulated fingers shown on the back of the box were cut due to budget. I'm not that fond of the completely open hand.

I received mine today as well. The left hand is the one thing that mars an otherwise great figure. I don't understand how they decided that was a good idea.

It's shown in pictures blocking/ catching? punches.

But if your not displaying him fighting I can see how it'd be annoying to look at.

Edited by Zak Katz

15 hours ago, TENIME_art said:

I absolutely need them all. Are they a Marvel.com exclusive, though?

You can pre-order through shop.marvel.com, but they will go up on DisneyStore.com at the end of February, then ship to Disney Stores.

Is there going to be a Marvel Select Gladiator Hulk from Thor: Ragnarok or is there only the Planet Hulk comic version at the Disney store?