UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Transformers Thread

Alpheon

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two questions:

Whats the quality like on the knock-off Gestalts? I've seen tons on ebay and reprolabels even appears to sell them directly. I quite fancy a few of them, I already have the Universe Micromaster Devastator from a bit back and the JP Sixtrain blind box reissue so am tempted to pick up some other similar scaled ones to go with them. I'm also vaguely tempted by a G1 scaled Devestator knock off, are they really really poor or suprisingly decent?

Is it just me or are most of the WSTs really hard to find now? I have a handful from a few years back (Thrust, Anime Prime, Megatron, Bumblebee and Sunstreaker) but seem to be finding it difficult to locate others at sane prices (especially Primes' Trailer) are these pretty sought after now or am I just looking in the wrong places? Further more whats the quality like on the knock-off versions of these, gotta admit im quite tempted by the Tactical Commander Shockwave ones.

I've had a scaled down KO Devastator (in WST scale), and it's about in scale with the other WST figures as far as I can tell. A very cool figure, actually. However, I also picked up a regularly scaled KO Superion from the Dollar General, and it sucked horribly. Some KOs are better than others though, I'm sure.

As for WSTs, I've got several official and KO figures. It isn't like you are gonna notice drastic differences in plastic quality on that scale, of course, but the paint apps, etc. on my Grimlock, Thundercracker, and Skywarp seem about on par with the others. As for being hard to find, that was the case when I was trying to pick these up back in 2007, so it doesn't surprise me that they're still tough to track down. I still would like to get Bumblebee and Soundwave at some point.

I picked up Kre-O Mirage and Jazz today. I absolutely love the Kreons! The boxes are really nice as well. I haven't actually opened the bags for the building blocks, yet. I might try to sell them on their own for a few dollars.

Here's a quick size comparison pic for reference:

post-1173-0-86943600-1308200736_thumb.jp

They look pretty good, dont think ill pick any up though.

Right, Animated Rodimus. Does ANYONE have one/can get one for me for a reasonable price.... They seem almost non existant here in the UK (I know they were a US TRU exclusive but the UK TRU doesnt have em)

I picked up Classics Thundercracker yesterday on a whim at Wal-Mart. . .and of course, I just sold my Classics Skywarp a couple months ago on eBay. :( I really want MP Thundercracker now that he costs $300 on eBay :rolleyes:

I also read last night that rumor is IGear is tackling the Stunticons/Menasor next. If so, I think that's awesome.

Just picked up KO Scaled down WST size (as in smaller than the Micromaster KOs) versions of Sixwing, Liokaiser, Menasor, Sixbuilder, Sixtrain, Defensor, Landcross, Bruticus and Superion; I've gotta say they really are fantastic. Couple of loose joints in places and some of em look a little odd sat with the WSTs (Most noticably Liokaiser) but they are damned cool.

Got WST Ultra Magnus, Prime w/Trailer, Tigertrack, Shockwave, Grimlock and Blaster on the way too which'll be cool.

Just picked up KO Scaled down WST size (as in smaller than the Micromaster KOs) versions of Sixwing, Liokaiser, Menasor, Sixbuilder, Sixtrain, Defensor, Landcross, Bruticus and Superion; I've gotta say they really are fantastic. Couple of loose joints in places and some of em look a little odd sat with the WSTs (Most noticably Liokaiser) but they are damned cool.

Got WST Ultra Magnus, Prime w/Trailer, Tigertrack, Shockwave, Grimlock and Blaster on the way too which'll be cool.

From where?

No Devastator as of yet no, I'll be picking one up soonish I'd hope just got to find one without insane shipping, In the interim I do have this though sadly hes too big and now looks really odd with WST Sixbuilder near him!

Sixwing, Liokaiser, Menasor, Sixbuilder, Sixtrain, Defensor, Landcross, Bruticus and Superion came from here, the others are from a mixture of Ebay and TFSource.com

One of the most amusing aspects of that gaggle of knock offs is the random shit included in the package, Sixtrain for reasons I cannot fathom also came with this and Superion had this in with it too, both were shrunk down to WST size though which is kinda cool.

In case anyone is interested in pictures (Decent sized ones should be clickable at the bottom)

P19-06-11_17-47.jpg

Defensor (Or more accurately Guard City I guess)

P19-06-11_17-471.jpg

Superion

P19-06-11_17-472.jpg

Random gaggle of Autobots

P19-06-11_17-473.jpg

Decepticons (for some reason almost all KO Stunticons include Nosecone and Afterburner as his legs!)

P19-06-11_17-48.jpg

Genuine Starscream and KO Motormaster

P19-06-11_17-481.jpg

Genuine Anime Prime and KO Motormaster

P19-06-11_17-491.jpgP19-06-11_17-491.jpg

Scale comparison between Genuine Micromaster components of Sixbuild and Sixtrain and KO WST Versions

I've got some Reprolabels faction stickers coming as the KOs are a little weird in that respect

post-9-0-76853500-1308502458_thumb.jpg

post-9-0-36838500-1308502493_thumb.jpg

post-9-0-38342100-1308502517_thumb.jpg

post-9-0-09310600-1308502538_thumb.jpg

post-9-0-57014300-1308502615_thumb.jpg

post-9-0-03415300-1308502649_thumb.jpg

post-9-0-68963500-1308502682_thumb.jpg

post-9-0-03850600-1308502689_thumb.jpg

Hmmm collecting WSTs is confusing... as far as I can tell I'm missing:

Genuine - although KO versions will do

Cliffjumper

Silverstreak

Starscream (Or just his tiny little tail fins)

Soundwave

Thundercracker

Jusitoys - Not massively interested in crazy color versions or ones in hats!

Snarl

Flamethrower

Bombadier

Jungle Warrior

Random KOs - The ones in scale with WST like this

Devestator

Fortress Maximus

Acidstorm/rain (unless there are more Seekers? I have Thrust, Starscream, Dirge, Ramjet, Sunstorm, Skywarp)

However I've seen comments around an Astrotrain (as far as I can tell it doesnt exist yet) and a Springer? Does Springer exist?

I definately wouldn't say no to a Minimax and a Devi if you can get them from Tuesday Morning (not a store we have over here) a second Menasor wouldn't go a miss either so i can kitbash it to loose the random bits of Computron on it (which really do look dreadful and jarring) so yeah if you can grab em and they're the right scale (as pictured/linked above) I'd happily reimberse you for cost + shipping + extras!

On a related note apparently my WST Prime w/Trailer, Ultra Magnus, Grimlock, Shockwave and Blaster are apparently sat at my Post Office waiting for me. Huzzah!

So my BBTS order arrived last night. With it, the last three Classics III figures- Wheeljack, T-Cracker, and Warpath. I am cheap enough that I HATE paying shipping on something I should be able to find mass market. Considering the spotty distribution of Generations locally, I went ahead and pre-ordered them. And with their arrival, I can rest from personal TF hunting for another movie season. Sure, I'll need to help the boys this fall when Prime figures hit, but for me I can sit back and wait for whatever they decide to call Classics IV in another 18 months or so knowing my set is complete. Sure, getting a hold of Grapple, Windcharger, and even Lugnut would have been great. But US retailers and personal bad HTS timing (they were always sold out whenever I'd check) took that decision out of my hands. Oh I'll get them eventually, but for today it feels good to be done. Nothing to do now but sitting back and pray that Trailbreaker, Hoist, and Arcee make it into Classics IV.

Thanks for the tip. If you guys come across them again before I do, I'll gladly pay cost+shipping for them. Sigh, so much for being done hunting. :thumbsup:

So I have all but one of the classics/generations Seekers. I have been dying to get the new Thundercracker so that I would have all 6. None of my local stores have restocked Generations for months so when it showed up on Hasbrotoyshop.com yesterday I ordered it (it actually shipped yesterday too!) I can't wait to get him and be able to display all 6 together. I love these versions of the Seekers. Thrust is my favorite and oh how I wish they would make an MP version of him!