bofox

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Trekker 42 said:

Aw, really?

I'm sad now.

But on the bright side it could end my plastic crack addiction. I'll be able to say Endgame is my cut off.

Not that I'm actually GOING to do that. It's unlikely. But a wallet can dream.

I feel you there, I’ve been collecting all the mcu stuff for years and have been relatively happy with it, and hey, I’m not the biggest comic aficionado, but I’m seeing stuff in marvels future like shang chi and the eternals, and its just like, I really don’t care about those characters, nor do I really care about having figures of them, especially with how much of a pain in the ass its become to get mcu figures, and the fact that far from home, which is a movie and wouldn’t cared to have figures for, gets nothing, so yeah maybe captain marvel and endgame will be where I cut it off, and even at that, I could survive without half of the captain marvel figures, and from what we’ve seen in leaks and such, I can’t think of anything from endgame I’d really want aside from ronin and maybe amored thanos or a new war machine

Edited by FightTheDead118

This makes me really sad. The movie waves are my favorite because I've seen all of them. As much as I love the comic stuff, I haven't read every comic there is. I barely know Molten Man and Hydro Man I really only know because of the 90s Spidey cartoon. I was looking forward to the new Spidey suits and the Jake Gyllenhaal 'mate. Damn. This really sucks man. ??? If we make a big enough fuss, could we at least get the 2 new Spidey suits, Mysterio, and Maria Hill in a box set?

Edited by PrinceCuseCuse

Wow, that's disappointing. As others have said, if DST is going to start skipping MCU movies then I have a lot less incentive to keep buying movie minimates. I've been losing enthusiasm for them anyway as I've found much of the product lately to be more miss than hit. Captain Marvel might be a good place to start.

One other thought: It's always dangerous to give your customers a jumping off point, they just might take it.

Edited by stack32

Yikes, not a smart move by DST then. Now they're gonna lose sales. Marvel has been doing 3 movies a year for the last few years now, I don't understand why it's an issue now?

31 minutes ago, stack32 said:

Wow, that's disappointing. As others have said, if DST is going to start skipping MCU movies then I have a lot less incentive to keep buying movie minimates. I've been losing enthusiasm for them anyway as I've found much of the product lately to be more miss than hit. Captain Marvel might be a good place to start.

One other thought: It's always dangerous to give your customers a jumping off point, they just might take it.

You pretty much read my mind. Part of the appeal of buying some movie waves was expanding the MCU group, even in cases where all that was really new was one or two characters or looks. I actually thought this would be a stronger MCU wave since there’s two Spider-Man suits, and at least 3 villains, possibly as many as 5 depending. 

Chuck not doing Spidey movie minimates, and other products! ?

thought this would be a sure bet with the black/red suit, stealth suit, mysterio and elementals. Lots to choose from for different products (Select, PVC statues, etc) a lot more than Homecoming. 

I could see that Homecoming didn’t sell well, there wasn’t much there and it ended up being a civilian heavy lineup w duds like that SDCC exclusive two-pack.

I don’t think this was the movie to skip and I sure hope DST wows at Toy Fair cause this is a big disappointment.

Edited by fwoosheyman

Write to ASK DST expressing your disappointment. There's no Marvel movies between July and the end of the year, there's no reason a Far From Home 4 pack can't be made in that time, considering Ant-Man and The Wasp came out at the same time and that box set wasn't released until October. I'd imagine if enough of us expressed disappointment they'd give us something.

I think folks here would have noticed a lack of Minimates from Far From Home. 

No doubt DST would like to make them. It’s the retailers who need convincing that there’s enough demand. Unfortunately it’s probably too late to get an assortment out even in time for the home video release and DST is notoriously reluctant to “go backward.”

Is Wave 78 gonna be Far From Home? Otherwise, I'll be let down. ?

That's not true, I'll probably still be happy, but I'll still be disappointed by the lack of FFH Mates.

Edited by PrinceCuseCuse
Just had more to say.

1 hour ago, DSTZach said:

Comic fans, 78 will be awesome! Not sure it will be at Toy Fair, though.

Looking forward to it!  I'm pretty new around here, but have been with Minimates since the get-go.  The wishlist thread is brimming with a ton of comic characters I'd love to hand over my money for.

Yeah, I'm depressed about the situation! Would have loved to have a Noir Spidey and that new black and red suit spidey! Would also have loved to have a new Maria Hill, MJ or Ned! AND C'mon, that Mysterio would've been so dope as a minimate! I'm a huge mcu movie fan. Didn't read too many of the comics, so I don't pick them up often. I always go searching for the MCU versions. I just recently picked up the last wave of the Infinity War mates, and I'm currently on the hunt for the Captain Marvel mates. 

@DSTZach can we atleast get a two pack or four pack for SDCC? PLEASE?! 

12 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Sorry everyone is so disappointed. I honestly didn't think it was that big a deal, now I regret mentioning it.

You didn't think skipping a live-action Spider-Man movie for the first time in 12 years and skipping an MCU movie for the first time ever was a big deal? Seriously?

12 hours ago, MisterPL said:

No doubt DST would like to make them. It’s the retailers who need convincing that there’s enough demand. Unfortunately it’s probably too late to get an assortment out even in time for the home video release and DST is notoriously reluctant to “go backward.”

I'm not willing to blame retailers on this one. If somehow that's the issue it's all on DST not being able to sell a Spider-Man movie.

1 hour ago, Dave said:

Is spiderman far from home produced by sony or marvel, that maybe the reason it isn't up for licensing.

It wouldn't be any different than Homecoming.

On 1/26/2019 at 10:17 AM, DSTZach said:

Comic fans, 78 will be awesome! Not sure it will be at Toy Fair, though.

CANT WAIT!!! More comic wave please, do not stop that! @DSTZach, please do hint us what would be the theme of that wave!

First off I am a bit confused. Are we skipping End Game mates?!?

Secondly, I agree it's disappointing but it is a reality of the situation due to distribution. They aren't in Target/Walmart/Big Box and there is only so much product LCS/Luke and Walgreens can hold. A Classic Comic wave in the Spirit of Far from Home does have the best mass potential as it taps in to multiple animated series, Into the Spider-Verse, the comics, nostalgia fans, and movie audiences. If anything a concentrated effort or campaign for these figures should more be aimed at big box. Like Target/Walmart why don't you carry Minimates? I know 15 years ago Target did carry the figures for a brief bit but this is a decade later so it's worth revisiting. I have worked with The Walgreens team in the past and I know how great they are but we can't count on them to keep this line alive alone the same way we can't count on LCS or even Luke or Big Bad or even Menagerie to keep the line alive. If DST won't commit to a webstore, then wth their distribution centers, online and brick & mortar stores big box is the only way to go. 

On 1/26/2019 at 10:19 AM, stack32 said:

I'm not willing to blame retailers on this one. If somehow that's the issue it's all on DST not being able to sell a Spider-Man movie.

Looking at the box office for the Spider-Man film franchise, it’s becoming tougher to justify sell in. Into the Spider-verse got rave reviews, won the Golden Globe for Best Animated Feature, and is up for an Academy Award but it’s still the lowest grossing flick of the franchise. 

If a retailer like TRU was interested, we’d be getting Far From Home ‘mates.