UA-100768763-1 Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Smashmaster12

John Wick

Recommended Posts

Well, I guess I'll have to just wait until the new Bill and Ted movie comes out to get a Keanu minimate.

 

 

Edited by AugieWargo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, but it'll be Keanu from Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey. Likewise a set of Minimates tying into the upcoming Matrix installment will be based on The Matrix Reloaded. Henceforth, launching a new line of Minimates with the second installment instead of the first or most current installment will be known as The Keanu Effect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, buttheadsmate said:

If it's any consolation the Western Trilogy Minimates were released in a different order to how the movies were released :blink:  

 

I don't recall those sets tying into a current film's release but it was a good shot. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bogus Journey would give us a shot at Rufus and the Grim Reaper so I'm in. 

 

They posted updated estimated shipping dates and John Wick is still on it, just slated for spring now. 

Edited by AugieWargo
Posted twice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well thats RIP, for those who don’t know, on bbts, the preorder sold out status pretty much always means cancelled when it comes to mates

Kqjtkjm.jpg

Edited by FightTheDead118

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Zack said these were not cancelled but BBTS listed them the same way.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/107362

Maybe it's the same skew issue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Then there are things that have been cancelled but BBTS had up for pre-order almost a year later.

At this point Diamond should have cancelled and resolicited it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

John Wick 2 Minimates may have gone the way of the Bruce Lee Minimates but they certainly took a much longer path to get there. They should have been cancelled last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to think it took so long because they wanted and were really trying to get them out.  Sad whenever a toy line or wave doesn't see the light of day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought they were already made....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Onyx_6 said:

I thought they were already made....

In order to meet that initial August 2019 release date, yeah, they'd have needed quantities manufactured months earlier. That would mean these were actually cancelled quite some time ago. Otherwise they're sitting on some and they'll show up at Ross or some other lucky online retailer.

But I'm guessing they never got made.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/9/2020 at 5:55 PM, AugieWargo said:

I'd like to think it took so long because they wanted and were really trying to get them out.  Sad whenever a toy line or wave doesn't see the light of day

This.

They were not made. If they were, we would have filled orders, not cancelled them all and sold them to a discount chain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The discount chain 'theory' ........in this instance.......is a non-starter & I'm fairly confident that MisterPL knew that.   

The discount chain theory isn't a theory here in the UK , since the demise of TRU the final Aliens wave turned up solidly in a UK national chain . 

One Minimate story that I'm not sure of is ....what happened to the Bluntman & Chronic TRU 2-pack ? Was it the weed or the packaging ? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DSTZach said:

This.

They were not made. If they were, we would have filled orders, not cancelled them all and sold them to a discount chain.

Well, I appreciated the holding out and try attitude .   Is it sad I'm more upset we aren't getting the dog than the minimates???  Hopefully it'll get used elsewhere. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/13/2020 at 6:40 PM, buttheadsmate said:

The discount chain 'theory' ........in this instance.......is a non-starter & I'm fairly confident that MisterPL knew that.   

The discount chain theory isn't a theory here in the UK , since the demise of TRU the final Aliens wave turned up solidly in a UK national chain . 

One Minimate story that I'm not sure of is ....what happened to the Bluntman & Chronic TRU 2-pack ? Was it the weed or the packaging ? 

 

Not sure. I believe it came at a sensitive time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I've looked through the last couple pages and my understanding is that these are canceled, but I just got an order confirmation on my pre-order (April 2019) from Luke saying that I'd get another email when they shipped. 

What is going on?

Edited by Tribble_WC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Tribble_WC said:

I've looked through the last couple pages and my understanding is that these are canceled, but I just got an order confirmation on my pre-order (April 2019) from Luke saying that I'd get another email when they shipped. 

What is going on?

I got the same notice, but I also had multiple items on that order that weren’t preorders. My assumption is that Luke got the official notice that John Wick is cancelled and now he’s shipping out my order since it’s no longer being held up by the (now) cancelled set. I haven’t gotten a notice of a refund but I suspect it’s just a bit delayed

 

** edit - I just got the refund and an email explaining that the set is cancelled

Edited by Donny B

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Donny B said:

I got the same notice, but I also had multiple items on that order that weren’t preorders. My assumption is that Luke got the official notice that John Wick is cancelled and now he’s shipping out my order since it’s no longer being held up by the (now) cancelled set. I haven’t gotten a notice of a refund but I suspect it’s just a bit delayed

Yeah, I just got my notice of a refund. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If only they had shown the dog...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...