UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Custom Marvel Minimate Preorder Thread

6 hours ago, Polarboy said:

Another fine piece of work.

Are you still enjoying doing these? I imagine it it quite a lot of work.

Thanks for asking! Making customs is relaxing for me. I spending most of my working hours doing very fast paced video production and social media marketing. On Saturday, after doing that type of work all week (which I absolutely love doing), I was able to sit in my garage, put on some Tom Petty, and air brush all of the Quicksand parts. It was nice just to be able to sit there, relax, tune out everything else, and focus on customs.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

The clue that I sent with Quicksand is that the next custom is an omega-level X-Men villain, although possibly not in the form you expect. I first saw this character in X-Men The Animated Series as a kid, and after that I really got into X-Men comics and eventually read this character's other appearances. 

Shadow King may make more sense. He was more prominent in the books by time Luke may have gotten into them than Proteus and had a number of appearances on the animated series. 

EDIT: Never mind, Shadow King hasn't been classified as an Omega Level mutant.

Edited by NerdyTrev

23 hours ago, luke314pi said:

The clue that I sent with Quicksand is that the next custom is an omega-level X-Men villain, although possibly not in the form you expect. I first saw this character in X-Men The Animated Series as a kid, and after that I really got into X-Men comics and eventually read this character's other appearances. 

I wonder (if it's Proteus) if that means it will be the animated version, or the glowing pink version?

il_570xN.1254903650_2ssi.jpg

Or even the possessed-dead-human version?

Proteus-Mutant-X-Marvel-Comics-X-Men-a.j

Edited by elhonez

On 11/14/2019 at 5:20 PM, CortherX said:

I thought Proteus, too... but then thought, maybe Shadow King? Would be fairly easy to make him out of Kingpin, and we could get another large character cutout of his astral form.

Ooooh - I hadn't thought of that.
I could totally go a Kingpin style Shadow King with an astral form monster cutout! TO be honest - that formula would work just as well for Proteus.
Might not be a bad idea for an Armor custom, either.... just sayin' ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Some of you guys nailed it - my next custom after Paladin is The Shadow King in his monster form, along with a spirit form backdrop. He will come with a head that you can use to make his human form on a Kingpin body (of which I had no extras). I expect him to go up for preorder on December 8th. This does mean that there is no custom Marvel release in November - it has been a crazy month and I couldn't make it happen. So the subscription will get pushed back one month so that all 12 customs are still included. Tracking numbers for Stingray are coming right after I submit this post. :)

2 hours ago, luke314pi said:

Some of you guys nailed it - my next custom after Paladin is The Shadow King in his monster form, along with a spirit form backdrop. He will come with a head that you can use to make his human form on a Kingpin body (of which I had no extras). I expect him to go up for preorder on December 8th. This does mean that there is no custom Marvel release in November - it has been a crazy month and I couldn't make it happen. So the subscription will get pushed back one month so that all 12 customs are still included. Tracking numbers for Stingray are coming right after I submit this post. :)

If I may ask, which Kingpin would be better(original or bulked up)? Thanks?

3 hours ago, elhonez said:

Farouk had a full white suit. I'm thinking zombie kingpin, but he's raggedy. Luke, do you know of an easy way to remove a MM tampo without damaging the paint?

Most modern Minimate parts are painted completely, which means you can't just remove one color with something like Goof-Off. In this case, I would recommend painting 3 coats of white on top the zombie Kingpin legs. You could remove all the paint with Goof-Off, and it would be white plastic underneath, but some types of Minimate plastic get permanently sticky after using that, so I wouldn't risk it.