UA-100768763-1 Jump to content
DSTZach

TRU Series 26

Recommended Posts

On 4/20/2018 at 9:39 PM, Freaqualizer said:

Or we could pretend it was a New Warriors/90s wave, with Darkhawk, Speedball, Night Thrasher, Namorita, updated Firestar, Sleepwalker and Deathlok.

....why did I do that to myself? 

Rude. Now I will be thinking and cursing this the same way I still harp on about the ToyBiz GenX wave we never got.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2018 at 9:39 PM, Freaqualizer said:

Or we could pretend it was a New Warriors/90s wave, with Darkhawk, Speedball, Night Thrasher, Namorita, updated Firestar, Sleepwalker and Deathlok.

....why did I do that to myself? 

Yes. Yes, please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

Wave 3 would have had Husk, M and other Gene Nation folk. You can see Husk here: http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=302138

And here are Ever and Hemingway. Sack was going to be an unarticulated bonus pack-in with one of them, if memory serves.

gx_mar9.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Nessex said:

And here are Ever and Hemingway. Sack was going to be an unarticulated bonus pack-in with one of them, if memory serves.

gx_mar9.jpg

Oh what might have been.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That makes it sound like it'll be somewhere other than specialty, which is probably better for minimates as a brand, but less convenient for me personally. It's great that it's being released, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Super relieved to here that. Really looking forward to the Rogue/Cyke pack.
But I might actually be more excited for Madame Masque & Holo-tony. They are some really nice, toyetic looking figures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Nothing I can say out loud. BUt it will come out.

Thanks Zach!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/31/2018 at 12:21 AM, spidermatt said:

Is this series gettin closer to finding a home? Im really excited for this wave!

I’m a d$ck. I’m having the exact opposite reaction. The longer it takes for an announcement the more I’m like well the cold never bothered me anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

I’m a d$ck. I’m having the exact opposite reaction. The longer it takes for an announcement the more I’m like well the cold never bothered me anyway.

I get this. I get super excited seeing the product photos initially released and the longer it takes to get to store shelves the less likely I am to immediately scoop up something I originally thought was super exciting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it comes from having so many great photos and prototypes shown that never make it to shelves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

I think it comes from having so many great photos and prototypes shown that never make it to shelves.

*cough* Lord of the Rings wave 3 *cough*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, arnim zola said:

That 3rd wave DID hit shelves. 😈

😮 I've seen the photos of packaged samples at toyfair and whatnot, were people able to get their hands on those???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought the only time they hit shelves was when they were on display shelves at TF, etc.  (The LotR 'mates were nice, but I've always thought it was odd that out of the 8 slots in that wave, 4 were dedicated to the Witchking.  He's cool and all, but that seemed like overkill.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Turtle said:

I thought the only time they hit shelves was when they were on display shelves at TF, etc.  (The LotR 'mates were nice, but I've always thought it was odd that out of the 8 slots in that wave, 4 were dedicated to the Witchking.  He's cool and all, but that seemed like overkill.)

That was my understanding; I remember seeing those photos of hanging packaged samples at TF somewhere. As someone who didn't start collecting 'mates until a couple of years ago, I found it cool that a Lord of the Rings line was made, and that DST used pretty appropriate scales for the figures. But yea, some of the character choices seemed a bit odd, especially with that last wave (to be fair, I also collect Lego, who refused to make a Witch King based on his RotK, which is why it was cool to see a minifigure version of that costume, even if it wasn't produced in the end)

Edited by OvenproofBug6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't mean to derail this thread. I can post pics if someone has a more appropriate thread, or I'll just necromance the LOTR thread. And it was only 3 mates dedicated to the witch King.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was the lineup ever revealed for the TRU 26 wave? Sorry haven’t been logged on for a while if I missed it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...