TheAnvil

Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite

30 posts in this topic

I didn't really know whether this thread would belong in the Marvel or video games section, but I think Marvel would be more appropriate.

With the announcement of Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite, could some Minimates be around the corner? We got ones for MvC3 after all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a list of characters in this somewhere?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Polarboy said:

Is there a list of characters in this somewhere?

So far it's just Iron Man/Cap/Carol and Megaman x/Ryu/Morrigan

 

rumoes keep haunting this game about the lack of Xmen and F4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am moving this to Minimates of Licenses Future. My boys and I played the hell out of MvC 3, so we are pretty excited for this one, although the supposed lack of F4 and X-Men characters is a bummer. If it is going to feature more Marvel Studios characters, I am hoping for Groot and Iron Monger (someone has to replace the big ass Sentinel!).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we get a classic, blue Iron Monger, I'd be happy as a clam!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, luke314pi said:

I am moving this to Minimates of Licenses Future. My boys and I played the hell out of MvC 3, so we are pretty excited for this one, although the supposed lack of F4 and X-Men characters is a bummer. If it is going to feature more Marvel Studios characters, I am hoping for Groot and Iron Monger (someone has to replace the big ass Sentinel!).

They ported UMVC3 to PS4 which was the real high light 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For people who are worried about the lack of Fox characters, the guy who initially leaked the existence of MvCI has said that they won't be on the base game but they're a 'done deal' for DLC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still need to play Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 on my xbox360.  I bought it used for $25 thinking the girlfriend would want to play it.  Then she complains about how I'm supposed to let her win lol.  Not enough hours in the day!

 

1 hour ago, TheAnvil said:

For people who are worried about the lack of Fox characters, the guy who initially leaked the existence of MvCI has said that they won't be on the base game but they're a 'done deal' for DLC.

Wolverine has got to be in the basic game though right?  He's been a staple in the series as far as I can remember.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Grayson said:

I still need to play Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 on my xbox360.  I bought it used for $25 thinking the girlfriend would want to play it.  Then she complains about how I'm supposed to let her win lol.  Not enough hours in the day!

 

Wolverine has got to be in the basic game though right?  He's been a staple in the series as far as I can remember.

He's the only character to have been in the entire series so far. It sounds like he won't make the base game, but I think he'll be the first DLC character.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheAnvil said:

He's the only character to have been in the entire series so far. It sounds like he won't make the base game, but I think he'll be the first DLC character.

I bet that will piss off some fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grayson said:

I bet that will piss off some fans.

Without a doubt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a fan of both X-Men and fighting games, it is pretty disappointing, especially since Logan's been around so long.

(I'll be fine as long as we get minimates, though.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so the game might be good but if its going to be marvel studio characters there might not be anything too exciting minimate wise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Capcom side could be cool. It's closest we'll get to somewhat anime styled characters. I missed the first run of MvC 3 so these would be cool to have. Bummer about X-Men. Wolverine is popular enough to be in the base game.

Edited by RedTiger95

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Polarboy said:

so the game might be good but if its going to be marvel studio characters there might not be anything too exciting minimate wise

I'm hoping to see some of the major MCU characters I still need comic minimates of, like Black Widow, Vision, Doctor Strange, Black Panther, Scott Lang, Wasp, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They can just replace Logan with other MCU characters like Agent May or Claire Temple. No big deal and it adds diversity. Fans will love it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, MisterPL said:

They can just replace Logan with other MCU characters like Agent May or Claire Temple. No big deal and it adds diversity. Fans will love it. 

Can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MisterPL said:

They can just replace Logan with other MCU characters like Agent May or Claire Temple. No big deal and it adds diversity. Fans will love it. 

 

8 hours ago, Gmonkey2k said:

Can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not....

Exactly what I was thinking XD 

I'll probably just play this at a friend's place till the ultimate edition comes out. I hate buying dlc piece by piece and it's usually more expensive that way as well. I also second polarboy's nervousness. I don't really need any more MCU mates that aren't army builders. Put a hydra solider in there though and I'm down. A new iron monger would be cool though and help people have access to him. Last time I checked the secondary market hasn't been kind to people who want him. (Then again it's not kind to practically any mates. Like come on menagerie $10 for an army builder?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, The Scarlet Spider said:

 

Exactly what I was thinking XD 

I'll probably just play this at a friend's place till the ultimate edition comes out. I hate buying dlc piece by piece and it's usually more expensive that way as well. I also second polarboy's nervousness. I don't really need any more MCU mates that aren't army builders. Put a hydra solider in there though and I'm down. A new iron monger would be cool though and help people have access to him. Last time I checked the secondary market hasn't been kind to people who want him. (Then again it's not kind to practically any mates. Like come on menagerie $10 for an army builder?)

 

I'm pretty sure they aren't going to be MCU designs, just MCU characters. Some of them will probably look like their MCU counterparts, but they'll likely look the same in the comics, as well.

I'm very lucky to have found Iron Monger for fiveish dollars loose along with some other IM movie 'mates. I got the BD version too, but the paint isn't perfect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Zach, can you confirm or deny these bing made?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DST usually likes to make formal announcements for new licenses through proper channels, like SDCC, Toy Fair, Marvel.com, etc.

Zach sometimes drops hints on things here, but expecting us to get insider info on a hypothetical new license months before the potential tie-in product is released is a bit unrealistic.

 

Edited by youbastards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, youbastards said:

DST usually likes to make formal announcements for new licenses through proper channels, like SDCC, Toy Fair, Marvel.com, etc.

Zach sometimes drops hints on things here, but expecting us to get insider info on a hypothetical new license months before the potential tie-in product is released is a bit unrealistic.

 

I know, but he's been teasing us with a new video game license for a while now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Gmonkey2k said:

I know, but he's been teasing us with a new video game license for a while now.

He's not going to reveal it here, though. We'll get teasers here, but the actual reveals are almost always somewhere else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now