UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 69 - Multiverse Wishlist/Classic

Gmonkey2k

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/11/2017 at 8:32 AM, thereasonsy said:

Well, let's see. DeFlaco replaced Alicia Masters and that is how they erased the Torch's marriage via Skrull which was tied into this so I don't really consider this a Bendis only story.  As for your questions.

Ramifications - > it lead to Dark Reign and Osbourne's rise to power.

Anyone replaced for years? YUP Spider-Woman and Mokingbird being the most important. This is how they undid Mockingbird's ridiculous death.

Did people find out yadda? Yup. Hawkeye was the one that had the most to deal with this. This got the couple back together for a bit and then they took the story from there.

Oh wow. Thanks for getting me up to speed on that. 
I was mostly reading X-Men at the time that SI happened. I remembered seeing all those retro heroes piling out of the Skrull ship (including several X-Men) and wondering what might happen. I had concocted a bunch of theories about the X-men involved in my head:

Had the White Queen had perhaps never 'turned good' and the X-Men had been working with a skrull the whole time? Was she back to resume leadership of the Hellfire club and make life hell for the X-Men once more?
Could skrull Wolverines explain how he was appearing in so many books at the same time? Did the real Logan get kidnapped and replaced with 5 different skrulls who were all acting in his place?
Was beast not really a ridiculous cat-monster? 
Was Phoenix actually still alive? 

None of those things happened. Nether did anything else. It felt like a huge cross-over with very few ramifications from an X point of view. 

But - i LOVED the SI minimate box set. Some much needed characters + the extra skrull heads were a nice little bonus. 

1 hour ago, Nessex said:

Could skrull Wolverines explain how he was appearing in so many books at the same time? Did the real Logan get kidnapped and replaced with 5 different skrulls who were all acting in his place?
Was beast not really a ridiculous cat-monster? 
Was Phoenix actually still alive? 

These would have all been very interesting points. I love the idea of Secret Invasion so much, I just wish they'd pushed it a little further.

Also, the event could have erased Chuck Austen's X-Men, which I wasn't a fan of. Angel, Azazel, and the Church of Exploding Communion Wafers could have all been Skrulls...

Edited by BuffaloDelorean

2 hours ago, Nessex said:

Like that time Wolverine was kidnapped by the Skulls and replaced by one?  Back in Uncanny 375 after half the team got back from a time-twisting intergalactic adventure and their (fake)Wolverine was killed by the new Horseman of Death?

It was good times.  

Kinda on topic, I wouldn't mind more Skrull noggins. It's a great way to take an extra Marvel Minimate and make a new character out of it. Just tonight I put a spare female Skrull head on an extra Mystique I was wondering what to do with. It's the little things. 

Carry on. 

I'd take that if it meant the classic versions of Mockingbird, Power Man & Iron Fist and Invisible Woman (costume match for Best of Mr. F).

I'd hope they include seperate Skrull heads, though. The greens on he other ones showed when you wanted to display them as non-Skrulls. 

Edited by Mystery Man

22 hours ago, funkguerilla said:

Like that time Wolverine was kidnapped by the Skulls and replaced by one?  Back in Uncanny 375 after half the team got back from a time-twisting intergalactic adventure and their (fake)Wolverine was killed by the new Horseman of Death?

It was good times.  

Yeah - just like that.... expect having him replaced by 5 skrulls this time. X-Force Wolverine was out committing block ops killings while X-Men Logan was playing holier-than-thou with Cyclops and Avengers Wolverine was busy forgetting the fact that he was a mass murderer and passing himself of as a public hero. 
I would legit like to see the visual storyboarding at Marvel's writers' office that explained the order in which all of those books happened. 

On 11/01/2017 at 4:46 PM, BuffaloDelorean said:

These would have all been very interesting points. I love the idea of Secret Invasion so much, I just wish they'd pushed it a little further.

Also, the event could have erased Chuck Austen's X-Men, which I wasn't a fan of. Angel, Azazel, and the Church of Exploding Communion Wafers could have all been Skrulls...

THIS. ALL. OF THIS. Seriously I am hoping for a Secret Invasion 2 That undoes everything since Morrison's X-Men. Cat Beast, Cyclops being a cheating douche, Angel nonsense with the Apocalypse seed, Husk going crazy, etc. I'm all for erasing the entire Austin/Morrison era from the narrative. 

On 1/12/2017 at 10:36 PM, thereasonsy said:

THIS. ALL. OF THIS. Seriously I am hoping for a Secret Invasion 2 That undoes everything since Morrison's X-Men. Cat Beast, Cyclops being a cheating douche, Angel nonsense with the Apocalypse seed, Husk going crazy, etc. I'm all for erasing the entire Austin/Morrison era from the narrative. 

Don't forget Matt Fraction's run as well. *shivers*

cat Beast has already been undone. i enjoyed Morrison's run, and aside from Whedon's follow up to it, there haven't been a lot of great X-Men runs since. I enjoyed Mike Carey and Uncanny X-Force (vol 1) but that's about it that's really stuck out.

what i would've liked to see woulda been Secret Wars erasing a lot of the bad history, mostly as a chance to bring Generation X back, Jubilee with her fireworks and not a vampire, Banshee never died, never became a Horeseman. Synch and Skin back. And just have them be members of different X squads as tho nothing was out of the ordinary.

27 minutes ago, CortherX said:

cat Beast has already been undone. i enjoyed Morrison's run, and aside from Whedon's follow up to it, there haven't been a lot of great X-Men runs since. I enjoyed Mike Carey and Uncanny X-Force (vol 1) but that's about it that's really stuck out.

what i would've liked to see woulda been Secret Wars erasing a lot of the bad history, mostly as a chance to bring Generation X back, Jubilee with her fireworks and not a vampire, Banshee never died, never became a Horeseman. Synch and Skin back. And just have them be members of different X squads as tho nothing was out of the ordinary.

Whedon's run has been the only highlight in the main X-Titles for me in over a decade. PAD did great stuff in X-Factor and a couple of nice things every now and then but nothing consistent. I would love all of your changes and anything that dismantled the  Weapon X concentration camp story would be highly welcomed. Back unto the thread though, has anyone put a Cheetah hair piece on Tigra yet?

I wasn't a huge fan of Morrison's run on New X-Men, but I thought Whedon's Astonishing was fantastic. I also quite liked the first trade of Amazing X-Men, with the quest for Nightcrawler storyline. It used Azazel, a character I wish didn't exist from the abomination that is The Draco, but it sort of redeemed him for me. I still don't think his character fits with Nightcrawler's identity, but the book was entertaining enough and the writing good enough that I could look past it.

8 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

I wasn't a huge fan of Morrison's run on New X-Men, but I thought Whedon's Astonishing was fantastic. I also quite liked the first trade of Amazing X-Men, with the quest for Nightcrawler storyline. It used Azazel, a character I wish didn't exist from the abomination that is The Draco, but it sort of redeemed him for me. I still don't think his character fits with Nightcrawler's identity, but the book was entertaining enough and the writing good enough that I could look past it.

I odn't know if it's because I had built up Firestar joining the X-Men in my mind so much but this story bombed for me. Maybe it's the residual WTF from Azrael. I still wish they went with Claremont's plan of Nightcrawler's parents being Destiny and Mystique.

6 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

I odn't know if it's because I had built up Firestar joining the X-Men in my mind so much but this story bombed for me. Maybe it's the residual WTF from Azrael. I still wish they went with Claremont's plan of Nightcrawler's parents being Destiny and Mystique.

Even if they went with Mystique and Sabre-tooth, like they were hinting at for a while would have been better.

4 minutes ago, TheKrisLyons said:

ha! Morrison's run is one of my all time favorite X-Men runs, and I've been reading X-Men since 1989. I have an affinity for the Claremont era, the 2000's stuff and even all of the 90's excess in-between. heck, I even enjoyed Jason Aaron's wolverine and the X-Men! 

I've been thinking about picking up the Aaron Wolverine trade collection, you recommend it? 

If you want an X-Men book with a healthy dose of humor, I'd say go for it. It's great in my opinion,  because it brings the focus back on the X-Men as not just a super hero team, but as a school. I'm a big fan of Jason Aaron, and the majority of the artwork is done by Nick Bradshaw, who, in my opinion, is one of the best artists in mainstream comics today. 

Edited by TheKrisLyons

10 hours ago, TheKrisLyons said:

If you want an X-Men book with a healthy dose of humor, I'd say go for it. It's great in my opinion,  because it brings the focus back on the X-Men as not just a super hero team, but as a school. I'm a big fan of Jason Aaron, and the majority of the artwork is done by Nick Bradshaw, who, in my opinion, is one of the best artists in mainstream comics today. 

I gotta agree. I was *very* dubious about buying yet another title that focused on Wolverine, but WATX really seemed to capture a lot of what i used to love about the books. They were fun, bright, colourful adventures.

Edited by Nessex

On 15/01/2017 at 10:07 AM, TheKrisLyons said:

ha! Morrison's run is one of my all time favorite X-Men runs, and I've been reading X-Men since 1989. I have an affinity for the Claremont era, the 2000's stuff and even all of the 90's excess in-between. heck, I even enjoyed Jason Aaron's wolverine and the X-Men! 

Anything that leads to Cyclops committing adultery and the death of Phoenix was just not going to sit well with me. I grew up reading X-Men 1980 on so his take was a bitter and unimpressive pill to swallow. The art by Jimenez though... Gorgeous.