UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Zombies Villians 3

Zak Katz

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm on the fence too, while I do have the TRU Bullseye it would be nice to have an updated one. Vulture and Bullseye might work as like mild battle-damaged versions. Then again, I don't want to get stuck with this boxset if we could get clean versions of these two.

I hate it when toy manufacturers retire popular characters.

This is why I'm glad DST doesn't have the Star Wars license. With that kind of logic, they'd do one Boba Fett and never reissue him again.

How many Boba Fetts do you need?

Marvel has a hundred Boba Fetts, and a dozen Darth Vaders, we can't keep them all in production at all times. A lack of immediate plans for a third (living) Bullseye does not equal retirement. Nobody is retired, except zombie heroes.

It's not about how many Boba Fett figures MisterPL needs (although I appreciate the concern). It's about how many other people want their shot at a Boba Fett.

I guess I'm arguing that, rather than being retired, certain popular characters should be available to consumers looking to hop aboard the SS Crackwagon (AKA Minimates). And I'm not talking about "Coruscant Fluorescent Urban Camouflage Boba Fett." I'm talking about the way fans recognize and want him most.

Isn't this the reason DST offers "Best of" assortments? To keep the most iconic versions of popular characters available to specialty retailers? Daredevil already warrants a place in the Best of assortment. His star may be rising. It might be wise to pair him with his most notable foe instead of... Venom.

Marvel has a hundred Boba Fetts, and a dozen Darth Vaders, we can't keep them all in production at all times. A lack of immediate plans for a third (living) Bullseye does not equal retirement. Nobody is retired, except zombie heroes.

And the Fantastic Four. sad.png

I doubt that will be a permanent retirement.

Is it possible to include zombie parts of superheros in these? Like a spider man chest in this and an arm in another and so on?

Pretty sure that's a big no.

no machine man? im so sad

Pretty sure he's not allowed in a zombie set.

On the fence. Yay shots will be a deciding factor. I don't need zombies, but the parts may be useful

I'll try to get you some yay shots. :) And I love that your phone (I assume) autocorrected to that, because that means you say it more often than "tray."

I hate it when toy manufacturers retire popular characters.

This is why I'm glad DST doesn't have the Star Wars license. With that kind of logic, they'd do one Boba Fett and never reissue him again.

How many Boba Fetts do you need?

It's not about how many Boba Fett figures MisterPL needs (although I appreciate the concern). It's about how many other people want their shot at a Boba Fett.

I guess I'm arguing that, rather than being retired, certain popular characters should be available to consumers looking to hop aboard the SS Crackwagon (AKA Minimates). And I'm not talking about "Coruscant Fluorescent Urban Camouflage Boba Fett." I'm talking about the way fans recognize and want him most.

Isn't this the reason DST offers "Best of" assortments? To keep the most iconic versions of popular characters available to specialty retailers? Daredevil already warrants a place in the Best of assortment. His star may be rising. It might be wise to pair him with his most notable foe instead of... Venom.

Oh, I got his point. I just meant, if people want a shot at Bullseye, he's had two shots already. Sure, nothing recently, but as I said, he is not retired. We may make him again someday. Alive.

And yes, the point of the Best of Assortments is to keep popular characters in stock to supplement existing waves, but I think Bullseye is still below the threshold we've established. Heroes usually sell better than villains, especially to newcomers who don't have the heroes yet, and the few villains we've done are pretty big -- Sabretooth, Green Goblin, Doctor Doom, Venom. Bullseye may have been a more logical pairing, but I'd agree that Venom is more popular than Bullseye, even taking into account their big-screen appearances.

Besides, comparing Bullseye as he appears in a current in-continuity comic book, where he is the latest in a long-running series of themed characters, to an urban camo Boba Fett seems a little... unfair. If you want to compare it to Python Patrol Major Bludd, I could see that. Zombie Villains is our Python Patrol.

Well, to be fair, the last Bullseye wasn't particularly easy to get, even when he was brand new. He was a TRU exclusive before they stopped one-per casing them, and the wave he was in didn't make it to every TRU. I only have mine thanks to a very kind fellow boardie. I can't imagine trying to find one now. And the one before that looks horrendously out of place with anything post series 5. So, I could see why people might want another shot, especially if he's going to be in DD Season 2.

Edited by Glantern

Not a fan of the heavy shading on the Ultron drone, a figure I'd otherwise be interested in picking up. The others look good for what they are. I do think it's pretty funny that the immediate reaction is people want normal versions of Bullseye and Vulture though (an idea I totally support).

i know we're not supposed to get heroes as zombies, but this seems like it would have been the perfect (only?) shot for an Elsa Bloodstone mate. she's the star of the current Marvel Zombie book, and she would make sense in a zombie boxset but would still be human. we have so many freakin Ultron's right now, and i haven't bought a single new one since the original was released with Ms Marvel waaaay back when. and these new zombies just have scary faces? i think i'ma pass on this one.

It's interesting that they decided to use Firelord's hair/ flame? instead of Pyro's sculpted one. I also wonder if there will be alternate looks as there doesn't to be in the promo, the last set had a bunch.

Question here guys, I've never been a fan of the zombies, so I havnt went after these, but does the previous 2 sets come with regular versions? Or I mean swap parts to make non zombie versions?

No they did not, all the talk of them for these is hopeful speculation.

Question here guys, I've never been a fan of the zombies, so I havnt went after these, but does the previous 2 sets come with regular versions? Or I mean swap parts to make non zombie versions?

No. Just extra zombie parts: half arms, bloody nubs, etc.

Oh, that just put these on my radar.

Links to the previous sets. Hail Ivan!

http://minimatedatabase.com/pack.php?i=1248&n=Villain+Zombies+2+Box+Set

http://minimatedatabase.com/pack.php?i=1128&n=Villain+Zombies+Box+Set

While i'm not a 'fan' of these sets, i don't hate them and i completely understand why we get them. They help justify tooling for villains and ZOMBIES SELL!

With that in mind, i like to think of these sets as helping to enable more villains in the future. The crazy amount of tooling needed for a Mojo minimate might seem more palatable to DST if they know that they can use the parts the following Halloween for a new Zombie kit.

And while i'd rather get a 4-pack of new villains, this actually looks really cool. I love that Pyro and Bullseye aren't straight-up paint swaps.

On the fence. Yay shots will be a deciding factor. I don't need zombies, but the parts may be useful

I'll try to get you some yay shots. :) And I love that your phone (I assume) autocorrected to that, because that means you say it more often than "tray."

My phone just knows that Minimates pics are almost always Yay! shots lol

But, yes, I get excited more often than I talk about trays =)

Also, GI Joe Minimates CONFIRMED.

Links to the previous sets. Hail Ivan!

http://minimatedatabase.com/pack.php?i=1248&n=Villain+Zombies+2+Box+Set

http://minimatedatabase.com/pack.php?i=1128&n=Villain+Zombies+Box+Set

Oh my. That's alot of stuff. *heart eyes emoji*