UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU 20

MiniMage

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By unsure, I meant some people would like them, and some people would not. I think any objective fan would welcome the new, and see it as having large potential, but there are those here who like Minimates one way and one way only. Hopefully they win people over -- some people are down on things when they're announced, and then get them anyway, and are pleasantly surprised.

It is entirely content-based, not play-pattern or purchase-pattern based.

MisterPL, that's an interesting theory. It would make sense.

At the end of the day though, as long as there's still an outlet for comic-based MiniMates and they're willing to go obscure every now and again, I would never protest variety at retail. So regardless of what this ends up being, I'll end up A) buying them, or B ) not. Never C) choosing B, and then complaining ad nauseam about it.

Edited by elhonez

I'm wondering if maybe it's to do with Spider-Verse, a wave of nothing but Spider-Man variants. It would explain why there's been zero mention of it so far, and I just can't imagine Chuck letting that opportunity pass by.

Yeah, that seems like a very reasonable guess.

Edited by stack32

I'm wondering if maybe it's to do with Spider-Verse, a wave of nothing but Spider-Man variants. It would explain why there's been zero mention of it so far, and I just can't imagine Chuck letting that opportunity pass by.

Yeah, that seems like a very reasonable guess.

I'm ok with this as long as there's a Spider Gwen. And Silk. And please let there be a mini Spider-Ham.

An entire wave devoted to various incarnations of one character... would make some people mad because technically it would be such a wasted wave, but at the same time, Spider-man is probably the only character I would like alt universe versions of.

Or its a secret wars thing where its a bunch of one off characters from various universes (or its something 1610 related, though I know Zach said no more Ultimate)

As posted in the C2E2 thread:

Fri. April 24| 4:15 PM - 5:15 PM | Room S402

Minimates mini-figures are blowing up in 2015! The Diamond Select Toys team will discuss what's coming up for the popular 2-inch toy line, including new series based on Marvel Comics and animation, the Ant-Man movie, Avengers: Age of Ultron, The Walking Dead, Aliens, Predator, Comic Book Men, Nightmare Before Christmas, Dragon Age, Muppets and more! Check out new artwork, sit in on a Q&A session and stick around for a Minimates prize drawing at the end of the Panel!

...new series based on Marvel Comics and animation... Thinking TRU20 is animation based now.

As posted in the C2E2 thread:

Fri. April 24| 4:15 PM - 5:15 PM | Room S402

Minimates mini-figures are blowing up in 2015! The Diamond Select Toys team will discuss what's coming up for the popular 2-inch toy line, including new series based on Marvel Comics and animation, the Ant-Man movie, Avengers: Age of Ultron, The Walking Dead, Aliens, Predator, Comic Book Men, Nightmare Before Christmas, Dragon Age, Muppets and more! Check out new artwork, sit in on a Q&A session and stick around for a Minimates prize drawing at the end of the Panel!

...new series based on Marvel Comics and animation... Thinking TRU20 is animation based now.

If it got us things like a new Spidey 2099, Spiderman Noir and Spider Ham it would be great. But, animated versions of Spidey/Avengers would be a big pass for me. The costumes don't look much different than the comics and the shows are mediocre and forgettable.

I'm not opposed to them looking into animation, but at the same time there was absolutely nothing preventing them from making any character featured in the animated shows already, especially if they're going to be Spider-Man or Avengers related. Why not just make them comic versions?

If they do animation and it's confined to its own wave, like the movie stuff, then I'm fine with that because I can easily ignore the entire wave. If they mix animation and comic, which I think is unlikely, then I'll have an issue. On the flip side it would cut down on the comic stuff that's offered but that's nothing new at this stage.

Branding.

If consumers are watching Avengers Assemble or Ultimate Spider-Man: Web Warriors, that's the trade dress they're looking for. Not just generic "Marvel," for the exact same reason collectors here are arguing, "Well, it's basically the same thing."

It's not an overall line direction yet. This is just a test. (Assuming it actually is a cartoon assortment.)

There are versions of Spider-Man featured on the cartoon I would really like to see, and we are beyond overdue for a new Abomination if they decide to pursue the Agents of SMASH, it just seems like the designs are so similar, it's all basically just to put a logo on the packaging. It's not like the Bruce Timm Batman designs.

Don't take this as a complaint, more just uncertainty about the difference between the two.

RIP Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes and Wolverine and The X-Men. waves based on those shows would have been something I was into. the current crop of Marvel cartoons are both bad in terms of quality and offer almost nothing new in terms of designs or new characters.

Edited by suicidewatch

I loved Earths Mightiest Heroes, and some designs there would be great mates. The current avengers cartoon isn't anything like that one, but the ultimate Spidey cartoon is awesome every time I watch it.

Season 1 was full of obscure avengers villains and there was only a handful of Spidey villains in the show. I would love frightful four mates or any of the cool villains from EMH. Love.