UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Secret Wars III Minimates?

undeadpool

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Let's just swing the pendulum completely the other way! Pandering 2015!!"

I'm all for diversity in comics, I think they need to work on that, but is there even going to be an explanation for why these characters team up? Or is it literally just to have a team full of women?

Right because a norse god, a genetically modified scientist, a billionaire playboy and super soldier frozen in ice from world War 2 made sense as a team up....

Marvel doesn't need to apologize for hiring new writers who can bring us stories we haven't read before.

There is literally nothing bad about this title being announced (at least based on the info we have). If you don't like it. Don't read it.

It's as simple as that

Thank you for your valuable input. I was asking if there was going to be a story reason for this team to exist, because it feels like a quick-fix to appeal to a female demographic. I don't have a problem with Falcon becoming Captain America or the new Thor, because it's part of a story while also widening their demographics.

Edited by Valo487

Apparently it's part of Battleworld, according to USA Today:

In Arcadia — what Wilson describes as "this feminist paradise" — a familiar threat to Marvel fans arises again and because of it, the new team of A-Force is formed to be the superhero standard bearer.

The familiar threat is probably Iron Man or Mr. Fantastic "mansplaining" something.

I'm sorry, but that just sounds bad.

"A-Force: it soothes even super powerful pain and itching."

"A-Force: When only industrial grade lubrication can get you into and out of the tightest areas."

About the only worse title might be Preparation A: for Avengers.

Still, it's fun to say.

It just feels like a sales gimmick, but that's nothing new I suppose.

Yeah - it could very well be a gimmick - but i'm all for anything that gives more exposure to female characters.

And adjective-less X-Men has been one of the more enjoyable x-books since Now! started.

LOL @ Prowler