UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DST Facebook & Twitter Update Centre

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never been inside a Hastings, but I have gotten some great deals from their website. I will say this, buying from their website is a crapshoot. The orders are generally fulfilled by the brick and mortar retail locations and there is no set of "guidelines" for proper packaging and shipping. I have gotten items very well packed and shipped and then I once got a Darth Maul vinyl bust bank shipped in a plastic mailer. Not a bubble mailer, a plastic envelope. Needless to say, it was broken up good.

Warning:

This is the way Toys R Us is going. If you order from the website, and a store is sitting on inventory, they'll actually send the order out to the store to be fulfilled. Now you've got 5 different people at each of fifteen hundred locations each doing things their own way. Madness.

I've never been inside a Hastings, but I have gotten some great deals from their website. I will say this, buying from their website is a crapshoot. The orders are generally fulfilled by the brick and mortar retail locations and there is no set of "guidelines" for proper packaging and shipping. I have gotten items very well packed and shipped and then I once got a Darth Maul vinyl bust bank shipped in a plastic mailer. Not a bubble mailer, a plastic envelope. Needless to say, it was broken up good.

149 stores in 21 states...

... of random disarray?

Shipping standardization aside, this sounds like a good system to me. Think of the times the TRU site has sold out, while inventory existed in scattered pockets around the country. Packaging may be a little shelf-worn, and our banks may need to be packed better, since they don't come in boxes, but Minimates should come through okay, right?

Thankfully I have 3 Hastings nearby. Makes for fun father/son minimates hunts. And that new Pulp Fiction set is definitelt in my sights!

Proof!

More proof!

Hastings is the only location within 150 miles, with the exception of K Mart and Gamestop blind bags now, where I can get minimates. I only wish that they would send out complete sets or even cases rather than reserving the short pack figures for their "high traffic" locations.

I've been to a Hastings once... In Nebraska. It was kinda like a Virgin Megastore, but not as big; the kind of place I would have LOVED at 13.

Meanwhile I live in California and the only time I hear about Hastings is when it gets some weird exclusive (like a Marvel cover). You know, before all this talk about the Pulp Fiction set.

Everything I've ordered from them, Action Figures, Books & CD's have always been in bubble mailers....typically beat to crap with card bubbles falling off and in the last case the SDCC Battle Beast set with the bubble fully taped back on to the card (Thankfully it's still complete and I bought it for customs)

Just ran across the box from Hastings that the taped up Battle Beast set came in, I forgot it was in a box since the TPB I also ordered was in a bubble mailer on top of the box :)

Edited by Shogi