UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

NYCC News & Updates

thereasonsy

I was basing that assumption on this comment from Zach:

Wolverine, Spider-Man, Captain America, Hulk or Iron Man is always going to anchor a TRU series, although you can probably add the Guardians to that list now.

Given the popularity of the film, it appears that Guardians have joined the evergreen ranks as anchor characters. I guess sell-through at TRU must be pretty satisfying.

Hopefully Marvel stops being stupid and lets people use the Annhilation looks and their first appearance looks

Even though I lament what happened this year, I still think DST does an excepcional job recreating real actors into minimates.

DST does a great job for the most part. The only major issue this year was Chris Pratt's Star Lord, but I think thats more the facial coloring than the likeness.

Edited by Zexion_Armando

If I were them, I would not presume that one successful movie has somehow launched the Guardians into the ranks of the A-list. Blade had three successful movies, and it did nothing to raise his comics or toy profile. And I love the Guardians and hope we do get more of them.

If I were them, I would not presume that one successful movie has somehow launched the Guardians into the ranks of the A-list.

I think the implication is, now that the entire Disney marketing juggernaut is behind them Marvel is better positioned to decide who is on the A-list. I still find it a little disorienting to see INfinity figures of Star Lord and Gamora (Gamora!!!) on the pegs right next to Hulk and Cap, as if there were no other place they should be. It will be interesting to see if Disney/Marvel can propel these formerly oddball characters to true household name status through sheer force of will, or if they'll be forgotten about after the holiday clearance sales.

If I were them, I would not presume that one successful movie has somehow launched the Guardians into the ranks of the A-list. Blade had three successful movies, and it did nothing to raise his comics or toy profile. And I love the Guardians and hope we do get more of them.

One succesful movie that is the highest grossing film of all time for the month of August is a lot different than three movies that did pretty good.

Fun comic. Fun movie. Fun characters. What's to lose? If Marvel/Disney want to push this property, I certainly won't complain.

I saw it 7 times in theaters (and want to go back). I have never seen any movie 7 times in theaters (though Winter Soldier did set a new record with 5). It bumped Avengers down to "second favorite Marvel movie", and bumped Serenity down to "second favorite movie period".

I absolutely will not complain.

The entire Blade Trilogy made $415.1 million worldwide. (That's in adjusted dollars.)

GotG made $687 million worldwide.

Blade movies were rated R.

GotG was rated PG-13 and is far more family-friendly, something Disney can work with.

Domestically Marvel managed to blow away Amazing Spider-Man 2 and what is arguably the best X-Men movie Fox has cobbled together yet with a relatively unknown property.

Get used to seeing more Guardians characters.

Have to agree with a couple of the points being made here - for the most part DST does an awesome job with the movie likenesses, and if we get comic gotg figures at TRU - or anywhere - as a result of the movie then I will be very happy, especially if that includes the classic team!

Series 54/TRU 18 – Captain America (comic)

Series 55 – The Winter Soldier (movie)

Series 56/TRU – Amazing Spider-Man 2 (movie)

Series 57/TRU – Guardians of the Galaxy (movie)

Series 58 – Days of Future Past (movie)

Series 59 – All-New X-Men (comics)

Series 3 – Best of (comics)

I guess we can add TRU 19 (comic) to that list since Zach said it's due out before the end of the year.

Edited by MisterPL

The Avengers have new costumes? Newer than the Now! costumes?

I was talking about some Now! that we still don't have, like Captain Marvel, Hiperion, Wasp, Havok, etc.