UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

we NEED a build a figure wave.

we need at least one to try. its inexpensive, the figures are all detachable & it would be great incentives for people to buy the whole wave.

i know chuck said no in the past but it just doesn't make sense not to.

its a win win. if people buy a pack and they don't want them all then they have extra fodder parts.

it should at least happen once!

CGB2WQ6.jpg

Ok, I'll play devil's advocate with you.

It just doesn't make sense TO DO this.

• Traditionally the Build-a-Figure scenario is to help get larger scale figures produced. Minimates have held relatively firm to the 2" base scale. Honestly unless something drastic changes with the licensing, then it's going to stay that way for a long time.
  • So instead of large figures we get a standard 2" figure for BAF and a part gets added to each set. That extra part per pack takes away space and production cost in every set that could be used for accessories and/or alternate pieces for the figures in that set. IMO I'd rather get more accessories/alternates for the set I'm buying and save that one BAF character for another wave/release.

Honestly I'm not against BAF, I just don't see the use unless we're getting large scale figures. Until that time, use the space/costs towards making the figures already in the sets even better. twocents.gif

And lets be honest. Minimates are probably the most accessible thing in the world. Look at the list of stuff we thought we'd never see. DST does it because they can, and it sells. So whatever pack in figure we might want, just ask for it, and there's a chance it'll happen on its own.

I'd love it, but this has been asked of Chuck many times over the last several years and it has always been a no-go. I think this is the closest to a "never" Chuck has come so far.

Lurch makes a good point. A BAF would mean losing something from each pack.

Although if we're looking for incentives to buy full waves, what about a mail-away figure with tokens from each pack.

I do like this method a little better, since its easier to control and doesn't take away space or time from waves themselves.

Maybe not per wave, but maybe per Quarter of the Year or during either halves of the year to submit Tokens/Proof of Purchase (To prevent open packages and stealing the tokens)

Its simple, effective, and can a lot of fan feedback into the process.

Say this hypothetical figure can get made, perhaps it could be a fan voted figure, so as to also help with "This is a year full of movie waves, we don't get anything comic or classic related" since we can still work on that.

Along with maybe being able to complete teams. Maybe the All New X-men wave could come with tokens to mail away for Phoenix Magik. Maybe next year's Avengers movie wave could come with an updated modern Quicksilver.

Edited by Zexion_Armando

Ok, I'll play devil's advocate with you.

It just doesn't make sense TO DO this.

• Traditionally the Build-a-Figure scenario is to help get larger scale figures produced. Minimates have held relatively firm to the 2" base scale. Honestly unless something drastic changes with the licensing, then it's going to stay that way for a long time.
  • So instead of large figures we get a standard 2" figure for BAF and a part gets added to each set. That extra part per pack takes away space and production cost in every set that could be used for accessories and/or alternate pieces for the figures in that set. IMO I'd rather get more accessories/alternates for the set I'm buying and save that one BAF character for another wave/release.

Honestly I'm not against BAF, I just don't see the use unless we're getting large scale figures. Until that time, use the space/costs towards making the figures already in the sets even better. twocents.gif

Whatabout an Aliens BAF with.....with ......with a ....Powerloader as the end result,all in 2" scale ?

You can resist that ?

Took me so long to write this it’s already been said better. So *SNIP*

BAF’s are a TERRIBLE idea for minimates. They’re not going to be bigger, they’re just taking away accessories and forcing you to buy 8 characters you don’t want for the one you do. (and even if that doesn’t seem likely, eventually it WILL happen. And you’ll be like “oh I’ll just trade for him” but since BAF’s requite more effort to acquire they're pricier to obtain on the secondary market even if they’re the same size.)

Edited by dr baghead

I would love to see an Aliens final battle set. It could come with a power loader, Ripley, and a large Alien Queen (Aliens franchise minimates don't have to stick to 2 inches do they)? No need for a BAF of them. Release is like the BTTF sets with the Delorean, or the Knight Rider set.

Think back to the Fantastic Four themed wave and all the great accessories it came with... the force field shield, the human torch flame bases, the puppets, the bust of Ben.

I dont want build a figure parts if it means we have to give up on those accessories.

In most cases rather than a build a figure part I would rather have a secondary part that compliments a figure in the set such as the Steve Rogers head in the Nick Fury Jr. 2 pack.