UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC Collectibles' Batman the Animated Series 6" Figures

Wait, we don't already have a thread for this? I guess we just talked about it in the Toyfair thread. Weird. Anyway, this is the line I am most excited about right now. The show is an all-time classic, and while I like the old Kenner/Mattel figures (and am still adding figures I'm missing), I always wanted bigger, more articulated figures. One of the few DCC figures I still own and have on display is the Matt Wagner Batman from the Trinity line, because he's basically just an B:TAS design. But now we'll be getting the real thing, and I for one can't wait.

DCC just announced five new figures yesterday:

DCCAnimatedBanner2.jpg?resize=1200%2C401

With a sixth, Man-Bat, announced today on Facebook. More pictures and info here. The price point is high ($25), but without DCUC around I have some extra action figure money in the budget.

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in for all the Animated Series ones, as long as the paint/QC is good like Dino says. The later designs look weird to me since I never saw those episodes, although Bats and Two-Face could pass if the line did end up being short-lived for some reason. Surprised Harley isn't in the mix, I thought she'd be wave 1 for sure.

There were a handful of characters that had major costume changes between seasons 1-3 and 4. Some I like better than others. Others I like both.

BTAS_Heros.jpg

Villans.jpg

(Penguin's season 1-3 and Joker and Freeze season 4's aren't on there at all.)

Poison Ivy is one of the few I actually like both designs equally. Maybe because I headcanon'd my way around that she's slowly devolving, becoming less human.

Can't stand season 4 Cat Woman. Don't mind Joker's, but prefer season 1-3. Same with Bruce Wayne. I like season 4's Scarecrow, Bane and Freeze better.

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

They look gorgeous but I'm very skeptical about the engineering.

Mattel's line of figures had enough trouble standing but at least they could withstand the drop. There's no way I'm paying $25 for a figure that's destined to fall off a shelf and break when it hits the floor let alone invest in another line of them. This is one case where I'd really rather have cheap, plastic statues.

Best of luck to those who decide to get into this line.

I'm pretty much done with 5-6 inch figures, but will probably make an exception for some of these, as B:TAS is the definitive version of Batman in my eyes, and still one of my top 5 favorite shows. I've been debating if I want to get all of these, or just the early series versions, though. Right now I'm leaning toward just Bats, Joker, and Robin, maybe Two-Face, with a plan off offloading the Batman if a more classic version is released.

Would love a Grey Ghost figure.

Aside: It seemed like the episode that would be on constant rerun was "Heart of Steel". I could live my whole life without ever seeing that specific episode ever again.

Terrible Trio for me. MAN do I hate that episode. So much so that I almost wouldn't watch Teh Batman version. Which is a shame, because Teh Batman has a wonderful take on it, with the splicing angle and being a very Batgirl-centric episode.

I am disappointed that Ivy is the NA version, I'm not a fan of the proportions for the females on that show. Here is hoping we get a TAS version sometime, and that Harley Quinn is TAS so at least she will fit in with this Joker.

I am so excited for this line! I think I'll probably end up getting every figure! I'm intrigued by some of the choices, especially which version to go with on certain characters, but if the line goes long enough, I hope we get to see B:TAS versions of Ivy and especially Freeze, because Heart of Ice was always my favorite episode.

Aside: It seemed like the episode that would be on constant rerun was "Heart of Steel". I could live my whole life without ever seeing that specific episode ever again.

Terrible Trio for me. MAN do I hate that episode. So much so that I almost wouldn't watch Teh Batman version. Which is a shame, because Teh Batman has a wonderful take on it, with the splicing angle and being a very Batgirl-centric episode.

For me it's that terrible Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy team-up episode. The two most overrated Animated series characters of all by a long shot. Possibly the only characters where I'm sure the show would have been better off if they didn't exist at all. Edited by karamazov80

The more I think about this, the more excited I get. This is what I've wanted from Minimates.

It irritates me that they have inconsistent looks. YOu would think releasing the first looks from BTAS would make sense first, then devote a later wave to TNBA.

Still going to get them, but lol.

Well, considering 2/3rds of them are from TNBA, you'd think that be the first wave. But I don't mind mixing. The styles always meshed for me, and it solidifies it as one show.

For me it's that terrible Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy team-up episode. The two most overrated Animated series characters of all by a long shot. Possibly the only characters where I'm sure the show would have been better off if they didn't exist at all.

WHAT?! Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!

This is the Poison Ivy i've waited my whole life for; this was the Ivy that made her my favorite comic villain. A long time coming, and the sound i made when i saw her reveal the other day was almost embarrassing.

And it's my favorite Two-face look. And Mr. Freeze look. Not to mention Batman and Catwoman. Growing up with this show, God damn is this the best toyline of the decade. I just can't wait.

With DCC's current track record of amazing figures (seriously, the quality of the Capullo figures and Forever Evil is insane. They're perfect.), these have the potential to be some of the greatest figures, well, ever. It only took 20 years.

Mini wishlist, but the shortlist for my big wants:

Roxy Rocket

Alfred

Phantasm

Grey Ghost

TAS Ivy

TNBA Bruce

I believe they are starting off with designs Timm prefers the most, but DCC did not rule out doing both styles for any character. I'm on board for any character they make. They make I'll buy it. Wish list for me:

TNBA Batgirl

TNBA Bane

TNBA Scarecrow

TNBA Harley

BTAS Riddler

BTAS Ra's

and a Justice League 7 pack (Bats, Sups, WW, Flash, GL, MM, Hawkgirl)

Yeah, it's interesting that they are missing styles; I guess they figure that they'll force everyone to buy both that way. My personal most wanted are probably Batgirl, Commissioner Gordon, and the Ventriloquist. I also really hope they make the Creeper and the Demon.

EDIT: Meant to mention that you can preorder these now at BBTS. $21.99, which is a bit less then suggested retail. They don't have Man-Bat listed yet though.

Edited by hellpop

I’m super psyched for this line. I’ve been wanting a non-Arkham Batman line that would include all my favorite characters with a Cohesive style FOREVER and now I’m getting TWO! (yeah, you could argue DCUC was “in the style” of the Horsemen but it was anything but coheisve, some figures were 100% sculpts, like their amazing Joker, some where generic detailess bodies with new heads and they made ONE decent Robin)

I’m sure Man-Bat is going to get more articulation (he’s clearly just a 3D sculpt compared to the others being painted prototypes) but even if he doesn’t he’s goddamned amazing and he’s my favorite of the bunch, the head sculpt is everything it should be and more.

If we’re wishlisting here’s things I want:

-TNA Harley before TAS Harley (I want both but I want TNA more)

-TAS Bane before TNA (I want to repaint him into El Santo and Blue Demon, so the soon I get Lucha Bane the better)

-TNA Joker to come with swappable heads of his original TNA black pit eyes and his better JLU/BB:tRotJ Flashback head

-speaking of alternate heads, I want an unmasked Harley. Either include it with the basic Harley or make a Pajama party Harley/Ivy two pack, I don’t care. Make an unmasked Harley

-Since Killer Croc is going to be a deluxe figure anyway because of his size... just charge a little more and include Baby Doll with him, both versions of Croc come with that series’ Baby Doll even if they hadn’t met yet in TAS, don’t call me an asshole and charge $20 for Baby Doll as a single figure since whatever accessories she comes with to justify that kind of mark up are going into a box, just make the best f**king Killer Crocs possible and add on $5 for the Baby Doll and we all win.

Edited by dr baghead

hellpop, on 18 May 2014 - 06:35, said:

How about, rather then an unmasked Harley head, a Dr. Harleen Quinzel?

Rather then? No... Her head design as Harleen (hair in a bun, glasses, sterner expression) is completely different than her head design as Harley (pig tails, no glasses, ditzy smile) that you couldn’t put the Dr.Quinzel head on the Harley base and call it a day...

BUT, In addition to?!?! Hell yes!

I have to admit i'm a little bummed they went for this version of Ivy. It really always was the classic Ivy from the first couple of series that i loved. I hope they get around to making her at some stage.

I really don't get it. Harley is the same. You can't prefer one version over the other as there isn't anything to prefer.

TAS:

Harley_Quinn.png

TNA:

Mad_Love_11x17_2.jpg

(Sorry, couldn't find a smaller pic)

Aside from one having softer curves and the other being more angular, which is an animation style, and very subtle at that, she's the same. IDK. I'm excited either way.

Well the face seems to have less distinctiveness and character in the New Batman version, as is the case with most of those characters IMO, but apart from that they do look very similar there.

I'm sure my nostalgia is at work, but I wish they would go for only B:TAS designs. I do think TNBA designs are generally more flat and generic, and less interesting looking in general, though I like some of the ideas there, like their Scarecrow. Also, the Animated Series episodes are by far my favorites.

Edited by karamazov80