UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 59* **: X-citing possibilities. (*edited for posterity [**again])

Nessex

I don't think that's the Marvel Legends Magneto that was part of the ToyFare fan poll I handled back in the day. That one was much skinnier, and I don't think his cape was as-- wait a minute, this is the Minimates thread!

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If that wave never comes out, it would be truly sad.

Much like the other unreleased Marvel Legends that we saw prototypes of: Mutliple Man, White Phoenix, Songbird, Silver Samurai, Northstar, Aurora, Legacy Rogue, PF5 Cyclops, Lilandra, GSXM Storm, Hoverchair Xavier, The Hood, Amaxing Bag Man, StarJammers Havok, Tron Havok, Brother Voodoo, DA Ms Marvel, etc....)

They obviously weren't all winners, but i would have bought a LOT of those figures if they'd ever made it out.

Yeah, i read issue #1 and didn't catch anything about that? Pretty much kid Nova and Watcher chatting the whole issue.

Question about the Beast for anyone that got a good look at it in Chicago.. are the hair and "neck piece" two different pieces? I get that the glasses are attached to the hair, I'm curious about how and what that neck pc is connected to.

Also, what is under the Sentinel chest piece, does it have a non-bulky tampo like the original release? Not wild about the shoulder pads and curious if I can go with a non-bulky look.

I'd like to get a Hank-Warren pack for a Mimic custom and that neck piece, if separate, could finish off an old Spidey villain for me.

I'll buy uniform Bobby to put with the Champions.

Even though it's a comic wave I'm passing on most of these, to new. They're nice looking and the colors really pop but i'm not interested in this version of the team. Nothing against the original five, I'd have definitely bought them in their second uniforms in a heartbeat.

*snip*

You read issue #0, where Nova and Uatu chatted.

#1, I didn't see the hood, but apparently he gets a big part in Original Sins, which is the tie in mini-series, also starring some of the Young Avengers, and Deathlok.

This.

And I suppose I'm just making my own conclusions, but... the hoods modus operandi has always been stealing other peoples' power sources. The Watchers eyes are missing. The guy on the last page and on the preview art for the next issue - the guy holding the Watchers eyes - is wearing a hood. I guess maybe I'm jumping to conclusions?

Man, I hope they don't blacken up Bobby's costume. That's ruin it for me.

Ha, me too. That's a deal-breaker for the Champions look!

That being said, I totally understand why others might be upset to not get a totally ANXM accurate mate

Sigh... there is that though. Maybe the ANXM fans all want powered up Bobby? unsure.png

I think Cyclops was meant as a part of a variant wave from the last Wolverine wave, looks like he found a new home. I recall seeing a few selling on ebay for outrageous prices that escaped from the factory. I bet those people are going to be pissed!

Nope, that was Phoenix Five Cyclops. This is Marvel NOW! Cyclops. The one on eBay is still the only one. (Although i won't remotely be surprised if it's a swap figure for this one, given that the eBay one was an actual final product)

Really pumped for this wave. Love Cyclops, love that we're finally getting Stryfe, love that i held off on the previous Wolverines, love NOW! Storm. Not feeling Magneto, though; the Rogers body is so wrong for him. Bucky Cap would have been fine.

ANYWAY, I too hope they don't add the black to Bobby's suit; it's a much nicer classic Bobby look this way. The others it just kind of "works" for, but not him. And yea, X-23 is still in her brown/orange suit which i'd love to see in a TRU companion set. She's not necessary but we're so close to finishing the team at that point.

*snip*

You read issue #0, where Nova and Uatu chatted.

#1, I didn't see the hood, but apparently he gets a big part in Original Sins, which is the tie in mini-series, also starring some of the Young Avengers, and Deathlok.

This.

And I suppose I'm just making my own conclusions, but... the hoods modus operandi has always been stealing other peoples' power sources. The Watchers eyes are missing. The guy on the last page and on the preview art for the next issue - the guy holding the Watchers eyes - is wearing a hood. I guess maybe I'm jumping to conclusions?

Jesus, I'm so glad I stopped keeping up with modern comics.

which part? the watcher being dead and his eyes having been stolen? Yeah I'm not feeling that. But the hood is actually a really awesome violation and the idea that every power set he has ever had has been stolen is pretty darn neat. it nicely underlines the idea that he's nothing but a common thief

regarding Bobby, here's how I see it... The minimate, as shown, would work either as a classic Bobby or as all new Bobby. He wouldn't be exact as either, but he could pass for both. if they blacken up the suit, then he will be a perfect all new Bobby, but will lose all value as a classic Bobby. and, the simple fact is that all new fans will have a complete team with the powered up Iceman, so it's not like they'd be getting robbed of a fifth teammate

Yeah, I know a lot of people don't like the Hood, but I've never had an issue with him as a B-tier villain at best, lol.

Plus usually anthing Dormammu related gets my vote of approval.

i would assume the reason people dont like the Hood is because hes a piece of *$%#^@

that would be why i dont like the Hood

edited: because I was thinking of Purpleman, but the Hood is no better, they're both complete pieces of patriarch shit

i still want mates of them though

Edited by undeadpool