UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Capullo X-force Boxset

elmeaux

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gmonkey, you seem like a pretty awesome guy! I've never taken the time to thank you for the Facebook/Twitter thread, and I really appreciate it, as I don't check DSTs presence nearly enough.

Plus, thus far, you're polite and well spoken.

AND you have great taste in toys! Lol

So, truly, it is us who are lucky to have you.

Gmonkey, you seem like a pretty awesome guy! I've never taken the time to thank you for the Facebook/Twitter thread, and I really appreciate it, as I don't check DSTs presence nearly enough.

Plus, thus far, you're polite and well spoken.

AND you have great taste in toys! Lol

So, truly, it is us who are lucky to have you.

Yikes, this thread started in October 2013. Is this the longest we've ever waited for a set? I know it wasn't officially announced until much later, but it was made knowledge to us at whatever event that was (NYCC?)

Really really pumped for this BTW. Sets like these are what keep me collecting Marvel Minimates.

Edited by bigvis497

I was hoping this set would hit before Christmas. My little brother loved X-Force when we were kids, and I was hoping to be able to give him these'mates. Ah well. Looking forward to seeing them in January.

Edited by Turtle

Maybe I'm wrong, but... for many of "us" the Lee/Liefeld/Capullo/Kubert era of the X-books ess where we got hooked on comics.

Now, the Liefeld designs interest me far less. Flatter and more 80s chic. But the 90s flair of these? These looks define what comic books were to me.

Expressly, Cable sans armor will be my MvC Cable while the armored look will get the goatee and be Stryfe (until such time as DST sees fit to rectify his absence). Point being, these mates represent the golden age for some of us. If you fall in that demographic, I think you understand. They're such perfect renderings of the source material