UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Alien™ Franchise

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, MisterPL said:

They look like they should at least vibrate.

1 hour ago, Gmonkey2k said:

0-0 Whoaaaa....I thought we already covered this when we tried to look up Minimates on the Walgreens site!

Where do you think they got the idea to make it?

Seriously though, I don't know what else you would expect from this piece. The petrified "pilot" didn't get up or move or anything. Its just a really cool dio prop and I'm pleasantly surprised DST is making it. Just need Luke or someone to make a display background of the inside of the alien ship and you'll be all set.

2 hours ago, Mysterious Stranger said:

Seriously though, I don't know what else you would expect from this piece. The petrified "pilot" didn't get up or move or anything. Its just a really cool dio prop and I'm pleasantly surprised DST is making it. Just need Luke or someone to make a display background of the inside of the alien ship and you'll be all set.

I didn't have any expectations at all.  I'm just not familiar with it so that's why I was asking.  So it's basically just a big accessory.  I hope that means that we can get some similar stuff in other lines like a Danger Room for the X-Men or something.

Edited by MisterMiracle

8 minutes ago, MisterMiracle said:

I didn't have any expectations at all.  I'm just not familiar with it so that's why I was asking.  So it's basically just a big accessory.  I hope that means that can get some similar stuff in other lines like a Danger Room for the X-Men or something.

Yeah, its just a big prop piece. But it shows the possibilities of this new Deluxe category for Minimates. They don't have to be just oversize figures like the Alien Queen or Power Loader.

2 hours ago, MisterMiracle said:

I didn't have any expectations at all.  I'm just not familiar with it so that's why I was asking.  So it's basically just a big accessory.  I hope that means that can get some similar stuff in other lines like a Danger Room for the X-Men or something.

Or a motorcycle prop for Ghost Rider. No moving parts. Just an elaborate stand, kinda like Goblin's glider or Silver Surfer's board.

:other_beatingA_DeadHorse:

7 hours ago, Mysterious Stranger said:

Yeah, its just a big prop piece. But it shows the possibilities of this new Deluxe category for Minimates. They don't have to be just oversize figures like the Alien Queen or Power Loader.

It seems to me the Space Jockey is kind of unique given it's popularity and place in Alien lore; technically it's a diorama piece but that doesn't really do it justice. I don't know that there are many similar things in the other properties DST has, assuming Marvel is off limits. Maybe a Predator Trophy Wall?

A Narcissus would be great. Just gotta keep supporting the deluxes and vehicles that are already coming. If we buy it they'll make more.

Seeing the TRU version of the Space Jockey, I can safely say I'm in for both versions. I might get a second of the specialty version just for the Alien attack helmet. And I can't have too many spacesuits.